Out of the shadows

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Out of the shadows

Post by FrightKnight »

Hello.

After lurking around the forum, generally being entertained for the past little while (I still love the "Oooh...nice tea!" joke ;D), I have decided to step boldly forwards. I believe the Helmet of Justice (or should that be HoJ?) will not be necessary here, as otherwise I'd type meaningless waffle. No change there, then.

So, I suppose I'd better introduce myself. My name is Mark, I'm 18 and a Journalism student at University. This free internet access for the first year is fun, and has allowed me to join up to the forum dedicated to possibly my favourite programme ever. Though it has some strong competition there, as I'm a believer that everything stopped being good (or just stopped) c.1994-95. The Amiga died out (but still lives in various guises today), Knightmare stopped, GamesMaster stopped being good....the list goes on.

The first series I watched was...possibly series 5, though I seem to recall a purple look to Knightmare once, so it could have been as early as S4, when I would have been 5. Just after Dangermouse, probably.

The password blockers still make me twinge with fright...

I'll round off by using one of these lovely skull-smilies... :-/ yeah.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Out of the shadows

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hullo there and wlecome. Nice to see you've found the skull already. :D
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Ello! Welcome welcome welcome, and the purple you speak of may well be the dreaded Eye Shield scenes ;D

Emii aka Kully
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Or indeed just about all the outdoor scenes, from when I watched them on Challenge...

Hate the washed splurge of colour of the outdoor scenes in series 5 though. Oakley must have wondered what became of his purple domain, to a vomit colour (sorry, it's the best way I can describe it  :-[).
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Greetings Matey...  ;D

Welcome to the corner... Yet, I don't know where it is anyways...  ???

Keep posting and you will be gratefully rewarded...  ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

(I still love the "Oooh...nice tea!" joke ;D)
Thank you for highlighting one of my jokes!  :) I hope you enjoy being an active part of the Forum.

[Later edit] Plus, I'm glad to note from another thread that, like me, you're a Queen fan.  :)
Last edited by Drassil on 06 Nov 2003, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I wonder if he knows a load of KM jokes... We can make a huge book at this rate with the amount we have...  ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

There should be a section on the site for them!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

I wish I could make any KM jokes up...the ones on this site are terrific, though!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Oh its easy - just adapt a joke you already know with suitable alternatives. Go on - have a go!
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Hi, goodknight! :) Welcome to the site! :D Lol, I'm a Queen fan too!  ;D
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

This could be interesting...who here hates Queen? Or is there an undeniable link between people who watch Knightmare and people who listen to Queen? ;D
ajw68
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by ajw68 »

Thank you for highlighting one of my jokes!  :) I hope you enjoy being an active part of the Forum.

[Later edit] Plus, I'm glad to note from another thread that, like me, you're a Queen fan.  :)
I must admit that joke was so funny.  I must've started watching KM series 4/5 (I'm 18 1/2 now and just started uni).  Great fun.  Couldn't believe it got axed, I thought nothing of funny end to Season 8, and when they advertised for dungeoneers at the end of the show, I didn't expect at all that the show would end.  So when it came to September 1995, expecting S9, the TV guide said nothing.  I'm still in shock.  The webste brings back many great memories.      :D :P
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Hiya, ajw68! Welcome also! Don't worry - this is the perfect treatment for Post-KM Shock!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

is there an undeniable link between people who watch Knightmare and people who listen to Queen?
(I'm flogging a dead horse going after this topic after all these months, but heeeey, we're here now, let's soldier on.)

Is this a test to see how well-qualified we are to use the forum, I wonder? Well I'm game. Let's analyse...

Queen? Knight...mare. Queen and Knight. Good, two pieces of a royal entourage are already in place. But we also need a Prince, a Prince... ah! Prince, who sang all those terrible songs for the first Batman movie. Queen, Knight, and Prince.

But what is a court without a bishop? A bishop, a bish-... aha. Harold Bishop, who sings gospel and plays the tuba in Neighbours. Queen, Knight, Prince and Bishop...

But what can any court mean without the towering figurehead that presides over it... a KING? We need a King. A King... of Rock 'n' Roll maybe? No, not Elvis, I mean that song from '88. You know it. "Hot dog... jumpin' frog... Al-bu-querque!"

Okay we got it! Here's the test, folx. If you love Queen, Knightmare, Prince, Harold Bishop, and mouldy 80's junk music by Prefab Sprout, this thread is HOME.

Hmm... well I like KM obviously... Queen? Mm, well, take 'em or leave 'em... Prince? Do me a favour, he makes Michael Jackson look normal. And less white... Harold Bishop?   "I'm the King of Rock 'n' Roll... completely. Up froooont... suede shoooes... my baby blues... HOT DOG!" Actually, yeah, I do like Prefab Sprout. Er, moving swiftly on.

Pass mark is four. I scored only two out of five. I am therefore not allowed to add any further posts to this thread, with immediate eff-...
Last edited by HStorm on 08 Jan 2004, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.