Take your pick

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Take your pick

Post by 123Pooka »

Who do you think would make the best team in knightmare history?
What advisors would you pick, and which dungeoneer?Would you pick Barry or Dicken for example, or maybe even Cliff or Julie.
My favourite team would probably consist of Leo from series 3 as the dungeoneer- he was fast when he needed to be and very obedient to his advisors. My advisors, well, probably:
Tim from Dicken's quest- the intelligence and confidence is all there
Bret from Giles's quest- At least I think it was Bret, the one on the far right of the screen.
Samantha from Julie's series 7 quest as well to even the gender differences a little.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

All-Star Teams

Post by 37Herbie »

Just wondering who everyone would pick as their best Dungeoneer and 3 Advisors of all time. I would give them the following roles in the Advisor team (although feel free to change them) and select the best for each role. Would be knice to see what everyone thinks!

Dungeoneer:
Guider (Giving Directions):
Spellcaster:
Knowledge/Puzzle Solver:

I'll need to watch most the shows again to get my selection finalised but some of you must already have an idea of who to put down!
"Oh Dear, What a Pity, Never Mind"
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:All-Star Teams

Post by Ironlord »

The dungeoneer's got to be Barry, hasn't it?
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

Barry would have to be really, unless anyone can think of another of course that could be worthy?
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

For a guider you need to look no closer than Tim from Series 4 Team 6. His sense of direction was superb.

Any from Series 6 Team 5 deserves merit as knowledges solvers for the way they took on the Great Causeway.
Last edited by JamesA on 08 Oct 2006, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

I'll have to try and watch the teams mentioned JamesA :) Any excuse to watch more Knightmare ;D
ross
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by ross »

Are we allowed good advisors etc from teams that didn't win.

If so, I would notimate Helen from the 3rd team, in series 5. She was one of the good advisors, but had 2 teammates who let her down, so she can be in this team to win.
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

That is fine. I never mentioned have to be on a winning team, just that they were the best at that particular task (so the winning teams are normally easiest to look at first anyway)

Will need to post mine up here soon once have gotten round to watching most of the Knightmare series again!
elwsimon
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Knightmare Dream Team

Post by elwsimon »

Hey there,

I'm new to this forum and I thought I'd try to kick off a little discussion - what would your Knightmare dream team be if you could pick a dungeoneer and three advisors from any series? For a mixture of skill and entertainment mine would be the following:

Advisors -
1) Tim from Series 4 team 6 (Dickon's team) - In my opinion this was easily the most competent team ever on Knightmare and Tim was the best advisor. Dickon was excellent too and would be my second choice as the dungeoneer.
2) James from Series 7 team 3 - I really liked this team and thought that James was a very bright advisor who definitely deserved to be on a winning quest.
3) Gideon from Series 8 team 2 - amazing entertainment!

The dungeoneer - by an absolute mile - Martin from series 3! He tut's his advisors, he manages to look cool in the mine cart even though he's wearing that helmet and he is hilarious all the way through his quest. The closest thing to a rock and roll dungeoneer ever seen and his (very cool) death close to victory was apt for this legend!
Last edited by elwsimon on 19 Mar 2008, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare Dream Team

Post by Fidjit »

Hey mate welcome to KMDF!

Interestingly enough I was thinking along those lines a few weeks. I've been watching enough Beyblade over the years and combining the perfect blade is like what your thinking... Slapping the best advisors and dungeoneers together would ultimately improve their chances at success.

Of course you cannot improve Barrys' team in anyway shape or form since they were a truly unstoppable team. I was thinking of creating a sort of TRUMP CARD idea that we (and I'm sure you) played as kids. Like Pokémon cards and so on... I used a load of stats based on their Agility, Interaction (with other characters), Intelligence, Teamwork, and their Attitude in the game. I'll put one up as a rough guide to what I'm thinking of:

-

But you can quite happily improve those who were a bit lame in a quest like Akash and Douglas in particular. But I suppose Douglas was a good dungeoneer, he certainly beats Claire (Series Two) at walking in straight lines! He was (IMO) the average dungeoneer who had a very terrible team at his aid. The best dungeoneer as you quite cleanly put it (again IMO) was indeed Martin. He ranks the full five stars in Attitude, Interation, Teamwork and Agility. Their Intelligence table really only gets the Three Star Award for getting 2/3 questions correctly in Level One, answering Merlins questions correctly 2/2 but failed to score on Owens beetle question 0/1. Leo of the same series got the Four Star Award on intelligence for getting 3/3 in Level One, 2/2 with Merlin, but lose a star for failing to answer to the Gargoyles tricky question over Stonehenge and Amesbury 0/1.

So I think maybe a few of the lads around here would want to organise bunging a load of trump cards based on organised stats. Your/Their choice but it seemed to have worked well for me...

[That was the longest post I've ever done... Phew!]
Last edited by Anonymous on 19 Mar 2008, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
elwsimon
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by elwsimon »

Thanks for the welcome there seem to be some interesting topics on here,

Knightmare Top Trumps would be amazing! 'My Lord Fear beats your Pickle'
Helvellyn
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Helvellyn »

elwsimon wrote: The dungeoneer - by an absolute mile - Martin from series 3! He tut's his advisors, he manages to look cool in the mine cart even though he's wearing that helmet and he is hilarious all the way through his quest. The closest thing to a rock and roll dungeoneer ever seen and his (very cool) death close to victory was apt for this legend!
Urgh, he was probably my least favourite one who was actually any good. He had the most dismissive and full of himself, in a bad way (unlike Barry, who was great) attitude of any dungeoneer I remember.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Helvellyn wrote:Urgh, he was probably my least favourite one who was actually any good. He had the most dismissive and full of himself...
In the sense of putting his team in order Helvellyn, he was/is the man for the job. He'd tell them to stop wittering and whispering and get on with it, which was generally what they did... :) Which was why they got further than most

(Out of five, my stats for Martin Series 3)

Intelligence: 3
Interaction: 5
Agility: 4
Teamwork: 4
Attitude: 4
Last edited by Anonymous on 20 Mar 2008, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

elwsimon wrote:Knightmare Top Trumps would be amazing! 'My Lord Fear beats your Pickle'
Hi. Knightmare Top Trumps are a reality:

http://knightmare.com/club/3-1/p4.htm
http://knightmare.com/club/3-2/p4.htm
(If anyone out there with copies of The Quest is willing to scan and upload the other cards, your efforts will be very gratefully received.)
http://www.knightmare.com/forum/http:// ... 0#msg36380

Having said that, dungeoneers/teams aren't part of either set, so there's every reason to go ahead with that idea if you wish, Fidjit. :)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Take your pick

Post by Pooka »

Ben's team from series 7. They didn't win, but the tallest advisor - I forget his name... Tom?

He was a worthy advisor. Ben was also a good dungeoneer.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.