Knightmare DVD Petition

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare DVD Petition

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Yeah it was hardly advertised at all

Which just shows you what blabbermouths us Knightmare lot are! hehe

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

ok...finaly finished editing. for full details see the other topic but basicly a grand total of 1058 sigs.

only 19 mistakes/pisstakes (mainly mistakes i might add!)!!
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Galgarach
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Galgarach »

ill bip you and then ill blop you
Fail three times and I feed on you!
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

And I thought you were Galgarrach and not Fatilla  :P
Last edited by Snowwiewolf on 31 Aug 2003, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

May I suggest you change your signature then Pixx?

hehe or leave the link there and put

you clicked it, you signed it, now Granada have to do the rest....

;D
Last edited by RoxxAatherton on 01 Sep 2003, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
Foxxy Roxxy
Motleyolaf
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Motleyolaf »

I think that the DVD campaign is great- but what about VHS? I haven't got a DVD player- I've only got a VCR, and am not going to get a DVD player. Does anyone know if Knightmare is considered being released on VHS?
smirkenorff
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by smirkenorff »

I think that the DVD campaign is great- but what about VHS? I haven't got a DVD player- I've only got a VCR, and am not going to get a DVD player. Does anyone know if Knightmare is considered being released on VHS?
Although it would probably be a good idea - VHS release is extremely unlikely. VHS tapes are being phased out more and more, and the cost of DVDs is only a fraction of what a standard videotape costs, therefore there is a much higher possibility of getting a DVD release, than on VHS.
Enter, stranger...
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

That's true Smirky, plus we could get *extras* on the DVD! Like Stilleta and Romanha/Marta backstage changing?! Apologies!!! Seriously though, American version? The pilot? Besides, if you can, if you save £10 a month for 5months, get a DVD player in WHSmiths! (Don't work there! Work at Yates'!)
   Anyway, is there any news yet? Has it been posted? Don't keep us in suspense!!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
Motleyolaf
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Motleyolaf »

Could you not have the extras on another cassette? Just an idea. And, VHS would be available to everyone, whereas DVD wouldn't. In terms of price, VHS is cheaper to buy than DVD.
Yates... is that a shop? A few years ago there was a Yates Wine Lodge nearby...
smirkenorff
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by smirkenorff »

Could you not have the extras on another cassette? Just an idea. And, VHS would be available to everyone, whereas DVD wouldn't. In terms of price, VHS is cheaper to buy than DVD.
Yates... is that a shop? A few years ago there was a Yates Wine Lodge nearby...
True, but in terms of production cost, dvd's are cheaper than vhs.. With dvd's you can get all the extras on the same disk, rather than having to buy another tape - making it cheaper to buy 1 DVD with extras for, say £13, rather than 2 VHS's for £16.
Enter, stranger...
Motleyolaf
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Motleyolaf »

Aren't all T.V series released on VHS aswell though? I've got a number of video sets of recent T.V series on video tape. I reckon you'd only need about 10 5 hour tapes for the all the series. Quite a lot- but not too many.
Last edited by Motleyolaf on 17 Sep 2003, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

You really do have a point, sir - and I know it's one that Kieran especially would strongly voice for. It's still very early days to just disregard VHS as a form of media. True, the tides are gradually turning, but the fact still remains that VCRs are more frequent than DVD players. It's true that it ha become second nature to include extras on a DVD, being as they are, versatile - yet, as this good sir states, the options are by no means impossible when dealing with VHS. Now, as for cost - this is where the interest lies. It might cost more to produce VHS packages - smaller capacity; therefore more actual media needed. However; I will be honest - I can't think of many cases where I've seen the retail cost of a VHS set at more than the DVD set... or any standard film or the such. I can't say much for the costs of DVD production; but even if it is relatively efficient and iinexpensive, new releases will hit the market at a penny shy of £20 normally, with a few pounds off here or there.

I just still think there's demand for VHS out there for now - and might go as far as to use the word 'discriminatory' if official releases were conducted - on DVD only. I can think of far more reasons pro DVD than anything else, definitely more so than VHS; but the fact remains that all fans out there will likely have a VCR; about half will have DVD players; that counts for a great deal. Anyhow, why let us argue down VHS; if there is to be a release - let us have the best of both worlds.
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
seanyboy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

DVD Release

Post by seanyboy »

has anyone had any feeback about the petition for the dvd to be released yet?
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: DVD Release

Post by MoanaLiza »

As far as I know we are all still waiting and I also presume that Pickle hasn't heard anything from GM or he has forgotton about us. I would think that if he or anyone hears or finds out anything I am pretty sure it will be posted on the main site. But so far there's nothing as far as I know anyway.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Re: DVD Release

Post by Illusion »

Granada did not respond to the petition, and I understand Pickle is/has sent a reminder letter to them requesting any comments.
You're on the edge of a ledge...