Knightmare DVD Petition

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare DVD Petition

Post by MoanaLiza »

Cor 1058 now that's 20 in two days. I wonder if it will break the 1100th mark before the end. There should be well over 1000 proper sigs by now!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

yeah :)

ive now made TWO back up disks just incase one does somthing funky and the site does somthing funky...yes im sweating over this thing now ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Cor 1058 now that's 20 in two days. I wonder if it will break the 1100th mark before the end. There should be well over 1000 proper sigs by now!
That's great and make sure you mention that Pickle when you send it off to GMHQ. Something along the lines of 'Unfortuneately the petition could only run for 60 days but when the petition was closed it was still proving very popular with over ten new signatures a day, if the petition was alowed to run on longer i feel confident that the number of signatures could have reached 1500/2000/5000/10000 within the next month'

delete the numbers as appropriate and use a bit of poetic licensing to spice it up! hehe

;D

P.s. 1063 siggies! yay!
Foxxy Roxxy
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

With any luck it might just be enough to persuade them. Don't forget, though, that the tally will go down a bit after all inadmissable signatures are removed. Let's hope that the final number is still high. It may even be high enough. :)
Subject to change.
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

I recon they'll be just over 1000 and somewhere somebody said that they recon they'll have to sell 2000 dvd's to make it economically viable, so i recon a petition that's half that should persuade them, and give them a kick up the arse! hehe

*edited so i can say, woohoo 1067!*

;D
Last edited by RoxxAatherton on 13 Aug 2003, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Foxxy Roxxy
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Great! Also, when they said that they needed to sell 2000 units, they didn't say how quickly those 2000 sales would have to be made. In a few months 1000 signatures have been racked up. That seems pretty promising to me. :)
Subject to change.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

... And the final figure for the final day is?... Well at the moment it's 1074! Also 2000 units? That's one for yourself, one for each family member, one for each of your mates, one for their mates, etc. think about what prezzy you could buy for each and everyone :D. Okay I maybe just exagerating a tad bit but anyway ;D
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

Hi ppl

A thought occurs about this DVD thing. When the petion is sent in (which will no doubt show GMHQ how profitable a DVD release will b) it might also be a good idea to add any idea's we can come up with for distribution (which i think was one of Grenada's main concerns about the DVD release)

Maybe we could all post an idea or two here,selecting the best ones to be sent in.

I would say an online order form could work well(especially if a link to it were put on the site). i'm pretty sure we would all have access to a credit or solo card and the cost to the company would be minimal since postal delivery could be added onto the price (governed by the location of the recipent)
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hi!

Well, since beveryafraid has said that GM are very interested in doing a DVD release, I would guess that this means that they know that there would not be any problems with distribution (the only thing in question is demand). I'm sure the majority of it would be via ordering. If they intend to distribute it across the UK when 2000 units is the target, it'd be spread rather thinly! :)
Subject to change.
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

Illusion or Pickle^_^: Please can either of you tell me what is going to happen next re the Knightmare on DVD petition. Also, could you please give a final figure? (after removal of 'silly' signatures)
Galgarach
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Galgarach »

I wish I could have sgned the petition, its over now  ???
Fail three times and I feed on you!
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Illusion or Pickle^_^: Please can either of you tell me what is going to happen next re the Knightmare on DVD petition. Also, could you please give a final figure? (after removal of 'silly' signatures)
It will be sent to Granada Enterprises (who should be responsible for a DVD/Video release). I don't know what the final petition figure is, but Pickle^_^ will know.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

Cool, we shud know about the success of the petition soon then.

On a pessimistic note(not that i have too many of these ;)) should Gm decide not to go ahead with it(however unlikely) we could get an estimate of how much it wud cost to make the DVD privately and spread the cost among any1 from the forum who wud be up 4 it.

I assume it wud be a case of the more ppl to be involved the greater the saving for each individual involved,bulk buying etc(eg: 1 DVD set wud b £100, 2 wud be £150 or £75 each etc...)

Any1 agree to this as a viable back-up plan(probably not, tis a bit shyte)
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
Taipan55
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Taipan55 »

If Knightmare is to be released on DVD (how could it not?!), how will it be released? In order starting series1, only a select few series, all at once? Does anyone have any idea?

If Granada decide to start cautiously with the release, would it be an idea to advise then on the most popular series, in the case that they do decide to release it?
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

hi, they final unedited figure is 1077 sigs.

sorry but having only just returned from a northen excuresion i havent had editing time yet. i shall however be getting onto this ASAP.

there are obviously a few matters which will need discussion and since this started life as an advert thread i shall put them in the "bring back knightmare" forum of the board on the thread there. anyone wishing to have they're say please do.

roxxy - never fear....1000 sigs in only 60 days is pretty much our trump card. however saying it was still recieving 10 sigs per day had not occured to me. good idea. 10000 anticipated sigs though is to ambitious i feel. 1500-2000 maybe not so. it has of course always been the plan to tell them of our limited (ie almost non-existant) advertising of the petition.
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please