More Knightmare Series' on Challenge!

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Jebstar
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

More Knightmare Series' on Challenge!

Post by Jebstar »

Does anyone know whether Challenge TV will be getting any more of the series? Its driving me mad not knowing! I want to see the pilot episode and the first series and immerse myself in dungeon goodness.
Cant even quest!
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: More Knightmare Series' on Challenge!

Post by WhiteDevil »

hiya Jebstar and welcome to the Knightmare forum  ;D

There are a few topics about this in the Knightmare Knews forum, and on the Challenge Forum - if you take a look there im sure you will find the answer you are looking for...

WhiteDevil
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Dungeoneer2k3
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dungeoneer2k3 »

During last week or the week before, Challenge did say after the last programme of Series 4, they are doing their best to get Series 5, 6, 7 and 8 but we have to keep an eye on the Challenge Forum. Thats the last news i've heard of it.
Knightmare lives forever!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I don't know if this is good or bad news or even rumours. But in September They are going to be showing Takeshi's Castle for one hour slots instead of half hour ones. It might only be a rumour though!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I don't know if this is good or bad news or even rumours. But in September They are going to be showing Takeshi's Castle for one hour slots instead of half hour ones. It might only be a rumour though!
Yeh, they haven't confirmed that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. It would be a cheap option for them, and it's quite natural for them to turn to a show that has delivered good ratings for them. However, it Takeshi's forms a bigger part of their schedules, it might just make people get tired of it faster. I don't really think the evidence shows that Takeshi's is rapidly decreasing in ratings, as some people seem to be suggesting, but nothing remains popular forever. Oh, except Bruce Forsyth, but he's the exception.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Jebstar
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jebstar »

News Update! I heard on the 26th of july that there was going to be an annoucement on the future series' of KM on the Challenge website shortly. Keep pushing people!
Cant even quest!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I hope that it is good knews, as I havn't heard anything about it! But then again I saw that days episode of Knightmare at 12.30 Sunday Morning. Or did you see the information on the website or forum though! And will they be announcing it on the actual website or the forum though or don't you know?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Jebstar
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jebstar »

I'm afraid I have no idea, but they said something was coming soon, I can only assume that it would be positive or they wouldnt mention it. Unless they hate KNightmare and they're laughing at us... ::)
Cant even quest!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hmm. If they say something is coming soon, I reckon that almost certainly means that they're negotiating for another series.
Subject to change.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I am sure that they are thinking of adding further to their collection.

Also, the Pilot Episode of KM, whcih was made in 1986, is still available, so as Jebstar asked, it is not impossible for that to be aired....although would prefer it as an extra on a DVD, or on a VHS of KM.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Unless they hate KNightmare and they're laughing at us... ::)
Well, with how things are going, I wouldn't actually doubt that. I've always thought they have a personal dislike for it.
I am suprised on how nothings been mentioned since. Though it would only be sensible to get more series' I don't think Challenge? would want to pass up the opportunity to buy more series' to get more veiwers...but then again...
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

I've always thought Challenge? had a bit of a personal vendetta against Knightmare, what with the favourable ratings that challenge are deciding are 'inconclusive'   >:(

I think if people stopped badgering them on the challenge forum they'd never bother to get another series

It also bothers me that they never tell you what's going on, even if it's just 'were looking at all the ratings at the moment' or 'we're still sitting on our arses waiting for the knightmare posts to reach 200 before we even think about another series' or 'we're not even considering buying any more series and are just tagging you along so you'll keep watching challenge and keeping our forums busy'

But there one saving grace is that they are showing 2 series of Knightmare when no other channel is, so they can't be all that bad, just bloomin annoying.
Foxxy Roxxy
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I do suspect there may be something in that. I don't know if they dislike it per se, but I do think they've sometimes been a little bit embarrassed at having a 15 year old children's show in their main schedules. They've never really seemed to embrace it as one of their shows, hence it doesn't get talked about on their website as one of their offerings, and the GJs' comments after each episode are often very sarcastic. I don't think they accept fully that a lot of people watch it as it is, not for some kind of twisted amusement at watching something they watched as children 15 years ago. It's a bit sad considering a lot of their other shows are just as old, and many of their "adult" shows are a lot more puerile.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

have you seen there description of km on the website (and sky digital tv guide)?

And I quote 'The world-beating dungeon game with  monsters, puzzles and perils - all combined with some of the most advanced computer graphics.'

If that isn't taking the piss what is?!

And make sure you answer those questions aimed at your post on the challenge forum...

You gotta fight! For your right! To watch Knightmare!
Foxxy Roxxy
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

And make sure you answer those questions aimed at your post on the challenge forum...
Done, I think. Thanks for pointing that out. :D