Challenge ratings for every episode!

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Challenge ratings for every episode!

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes, that's just about it as I see it. In fact, for that week, it's not that the KM audience is down much, rather that the FB and TC audiences are up. I've just said my piece over on Challenge's website. (I hope I wasn't too rude about some of their programming!)  Whether they actually bother reading it or not before the end of the century is another matter.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

If by 'read' you mean quickly scouring the forum for any profanities, spamming etc. then I'm sure they do. :)
Subject to change.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I've just said my piece over on Challenge's website. (I hope I wasn't too rude about some of their programming!) 
Where? may I ask so I could have a read :) ;)
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Where? may I ask so I could have a read :) ;)
In this rather sourly named thread:

http://www.challengetv.co.uk/ubb/Forum5 ... 00597.html

Mine is, predictably, the extremely long message.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Hmm, Takeshi's casatle down by 25,000 veiwers

Now that IS encouraging.

And keep up the good work GG, I find stuff like this fascinating, whether or not I post about it.

Go GG Go!
Foxxy Roxxy
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Although your message is extremely long on the challenge forum GG, it is very good and (fingers crossed) persuasive. It's also recieved good feedback and support from the decent, mature intelligent posters. (I believe one of 'boy ard's previous posts on a knightmare thread at the challenge forum consisted of expleteives and little else)

Hopefully Challenge? will see you're post as constructive criticism and you as a concerned viewer who wants them to get the best out of their programme 'portfolio'. But they do invariably get the wrong end of the stick.

That's if the lazy mods don't look at the length of the post and think 'hmm, i'll just hope there's no expleteives in there....'

;D

*Waves flag proclaiming 'Go GG!'
Foxxy Roxxy
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I just hope that it doesn't get deleated like other threads had done. So far it hasn't though!
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Yeah, I hope it stays that way. It's the first intelligent post I've seen there in a looong time.

Actually I had 2 dreams last night, one where I convinced Challenge? to show the remaining series' and one where I managed to get Knightmare kicked off the air together...wierd dream, eh?
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

and one where I managed to get Knightmare kicked off the air together...wierd dream, eh?
I hope that it was a dream. The way things are going though it might become reality. But definately a wierd dream though. Anyway do you know how you managed to do that though!
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Yeah, in that dream, a few months have passed and Knightmare is still getting good figures but moved to a poorer timeslot and they kept putting off buying more series' So I wrote to Challenge? and told them that if they're not going to handle a show like that properly they're better off not showing it at all and waste their time with 2 straight hours of TC or something....and then they decided to do that..

For the good dream. I for some reason became smarter thna normal and pieced together all ratings and things that we've recieved here and with the help of the good ol' people here, wrote a 6 page essay on how profitable it would be to buy more Knightmare. Since the profit margin was found to be rather huge, they basically had no other choice than to buy all the series' and everyone lived happily ever after...except Knightmare haters, but we don't like them, lol^_^

Hehe, holiday tommorow so this is gonna be my last post for a while *hopes for Challenge? to confirm more series' by the time she gets back*
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I'd love to hear what other people think about the ratings. If people aren't interested, I won't bother to look into them each week.
Yes, I'm interested in the ratings and hope to do an article or something on it for the next update.

Good to see the Knightmare figures building up every week, presumably as more people find it. Series 3 and 4 have had plenty of exposure in prime time now, so I think Challenge's plan to move it to 10am soon to try and reach a new audience is a good idea. There may be many viewers on holiday mornings (children) who may not have caught Knightmare on weekday evenings.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I think Challenge? would do better to buy sanother series. Not only would that capture more interest, it'd get back viewers like myself who have grown sick of seeing Series 3 and 4 over again!

And let's face it, Takeshi's Castle is too popular. Knightmare is never going to beat it in the ratings stakes at all, so let's not see this as a contest - let's just see Knightmare as something we need to bump up the ratings for.

Next series, please, people!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Just a note to say that we probably won't have access to the full ratings figures in future. When I checked earlier it rather looked like it's been marked as "subscribers only" now.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I've just checked and it seems to work okay for me. When you log in with your e-mail address it will ask for the name of your 'Company' to update your profile. You can enter any name and it should let you through.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Well, while I'm sure one could access it (for the moment, at least), it was more warnings of the following type that bothered me:

Registration and sign in only permitted for registered BARB Subscribers.

If you are not currently a BARB subscriber you must contact BARB before analysing any data online.