Knightmare QI

A dedicated section for The Eye Shield fanzine.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re:Knightmare QI III

Post by Eyeshield »

Two weeks left now, just in case anyone's still interested in entering.
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re:Knightmare QI III

Post by Eyeshield »

This competition is now CLOSED. A big thank-you to all seven of you who entered - find out the results in the next issue of The Eye Shield, coming soon.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare QI IV

Post by Eyeshield »

Ladies and gentlemen, The Eye Shield presents the fourth round of Knightmare QI. PM me your answers by Friday August 24th 2007, and you could be the next Knightmare QI champion! Be warned – a few of these questions have what appear at first to be very obvious answers, but there is more to them if you stop and think. (Well, that is the whole point, isn’t it?) Don’t let your guard down and hit a cliché!

1. What was the name of Treguard’s second assistant?
2. How many dungeoneers met Lord Fear in person (not including just his hand, or appearances on the television screen in the antechamber) during their quests?
3. Which is the odd elf out? VELDA, PICKLE, ELITA.
4. Who was the first character to say the word “Dunshelm” on the programme?
5. On how many television channels in the UK has Knightmare been shown?
6. Who was the first dungeoneer to reach the wellway chamber at the end of level two?
7. Greystagg’s full title was “Queen of the…” what?
8. Motley was absent from how many episodes during his extended break?
9. In terms of the number of episodes from the start of the first series in which they were due to appear, which Knightmare character took the greatest amount of time to make their first appearance on the programme?
10. During how many quests in series 7 do we get to see the firebomb room?

And there we have it. Remember, for each question, a correct answer earns you one point, identifying the cliché earns you a further point, and there are two bonus points available for supplying some Quite Interesting supplementary information. Again, there is one question without a cliché – spot this fact to earn your bonus cliché point for that question. This time, there is another new rule -- any unanswered questions will incur a penalty of two points each! An effective tactic that has been employed on occasion in the past is to answer only one or two questions, thereby ensuring that no clichés are hit, which has been a fair enough ploy, but this time things are tougher! Of course, if you’re struggling with one particular question, but are fairly sure that you have scored full marks on all the others, maybe you think you can afford to lose two measly little points – it’s up to you to decide what risks to take, and how many points to risk!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re:Knightmare QI IV

Post by Eyeshield »

This competition CLOSES at 23:59:59 tonight. My sincere thanks to my loyal 6 entrants for taking another punt at this, and I hope you'll all check out the forthcoming issue of The Eye Shield for answers and results.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare QI V

Post by Eyeshield »

Here are the questions for the next round of Knightmare QI, written by the Godfather himself, HStorm. E-mail eyeshield2002@hotmail.com or PM me your answers by Friday December 21st 2007, and help to make The Eye Shield the interactive fanzine it always strives to be!

1. Who is the odd one out? Pickle, Majida, Motley, Merlin, Hordriss, Treguard.
2. What is the significance of the following sequence? (The correct answer to question 1 will give you a clue.) FILC, KCAJ, NHOJ, IVAD, OGUH.
3. According to Knightmare lore, who was the heir to the throne by right of Norman/Angevin descent at the time of Richard the Lionheart’s death?
4. Who is the odd one out? Barry Thorn, Greg Armstrong, Jason Karl, Sylvester Hands, Dunstan Roberts.
5. What was the total number of levels completed by champion teams throughout Knightmare?
6. What was the total number of episodes of Knightmare produced by Tim Child?

And there we have it. Remember, for each question, a correct answer earns you one point, identifying the cliché earns you a further point, and there are two bonus points available for supplying some Quite Interesting supplementary information. Thanks again for the questions, HStorm.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare QI V

Post by HStorm »

No worries. It's kind of fun dreaming up questions for this, although I must admit I'm running out of ideas for them. Maybe someone new can work out a list of questions for KMQI VI?

(Of questionable relevance I know, but I'm running another QI quiz on another forum - http://thegreatcritic.proboards24.com/i ... 687&page=2
It's not Knightmare-related, just General Knowledge, but please join in if you're interested.)
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Don't worry about TES running out of QI questions in the near future - I've got A LOT in the pipeline! 8)
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Just in case anyone's still interested in entering, I'd like to point out that this competition CLOSES tomorrow night at 23:59:59. For answers and results, check out TES issue 49 on New Year's Day.

Merry Christmas to everyone in Knightmare Land from The Eye Shield fanzine.
Last edited by Eyeshield on 20 Dec 2007, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare QI VI

Post by Eyeshield »

The Eye Shield fanzine presents the sixth round of Knightmare QI. The following questions have been devised by current Knightmare QI champion Liam Callaghan, with a few suggestions from me here and there. (As I’m feeling kind, here’s one last tip for you – watch the wording!)

1. How many times did a quest come to a natural end (i.e. not including getting cut short for the end of the series) at the end of an episode of Knightmare?

2. In which series did all the dungeoneers perish?

3. Who was the first dungeoneer to make a pact with Hordriss that involved retrieving an object for him in exchange for magic?

4. Which is the last quest to feature part of the original life force clock?

5. Who was the first dungeoneer to cross the Dunswater in exchange for a bar of gold or silver?

6. During which quest was Hordriss first seen?

7. Which was the final dungeoneer to go head-to-head against Mogdred?

8. Which is the first dungeoneer to be presented with the eye shield at the start of their quest?

9. How many dungeoneers (of the ones who met a wall monster in series 1-3, and yes, that does include Brangwen, as well as Golgarach, Granitas, Igneous and Olgarth) failed to answer at least one wall monster question correctly? (I.e. they failed to venture ANY correct answers whatsoever.)

10. Who was the first dungeoneer to converse with Smirkenorff?

E-mail eyeshield2002@hotmail.com or PM me your answers by Sunday February 17th 2008, and you could be our next Knightmare QI champion!

Remember, for each question, a correct answer earns you one point, identifying the cliché earns you a further point, and there are two bonus points available for supplying some Quite Interesting supplementary information. Don’t forget to watch out for those clichés – each one you hit will decrease your score by at least ten points, so be careful!
Last edited by Eyeshield on 25 Jan 2008, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re:Knightmare QI VI

Post by Eyeshield »

3 entries so far, just under 5 weeks remaining...
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

This competition closes one week tomorrow, so there's still time to enter! If you're in two minds about whether to have a go, why not throw caution to the wind and give it a shot?
Last edited by Eyeshield on 09 Feb 2008, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yeah, go for it. All it can cost you is the time to type up an email!
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

This competition CLOSES at 23:59:59 TONIGHT. We're back up to seven entries, which is great. For answers and results check out the bumper issue 50 of The Eye Shield on March 1st.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare QI VII

Post by Eyeshield »

The Eye Shield presents the seventh round of the phenomenon that is Knightmare QI. Most of the answers can be found quite easily with a little research, either by watching certain Knightmare episodes or even looking on the website, but of course, it’s crucial that you research in the right place – all but one of these has a cliché, so watch out!

In the case of the first question, a little research may also be required, although you might need to seek a different source of information altogether, and I urge you not to use previous issues of The Eye Shield for this purpose.

1. What is the proper name of the weapon carried by the Automatum?
2. Which character personally killed the most dungeoneers?
3. Which is the only team to have the advisors as well as the dungeoneer physically affected by the circumstances of their death?
4. Which dungeoneer is the first to find a scroll on a clue table?
5. Which team is the first to choose their own quest object, rather than have it told to them?
6. In the minecart’s first series 3 appearance, which character was available for giving the starting push?
7. In series 4, which dungeoneer is the first to release Gundrada from the stocks?
8. What do these three characters have in common? HORDRISS, SMIRKENORFF, MELLISANDRE.
9. Which is the only winning team not to be pictured (or at least to have their dungeoneer pictured) in the end credits of the episode in which they won?
10. Who is the last dungeoneer to make use of a trapdoor?

Remember, there is a potential score of four points for each question, including one point for giving the correct answer, one point for identifying the cliché (or the lack of a cliché, in one case) and two points for any Quite Interesting supplementary information you may be able to think of. Be sure to watch out for those clichés – each one you hit will decrease your score by ten whole points, and we don’t want that, do we? E-mail your answers to eyeshield2002@hotmail.com or send a PM by Sunday April 20th 2008, and you could be our next Knightmare QI champion!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re:Knightmare QI VII

Post by Eyeshield »

This competition CLOSES at 23:59:59 TONIGHT. Many thanks to my eight entrants; answers and results can be found in The Eye Shield Issue 51, coming soon to a Knightmare website near you.