Knightmare QI

A dedicated section for The Eye Shield fanzine.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare QI VIII

Post by Eyeshield »

The Eye Shield presents yet another round of Knightmare QI. These questions have been written by Liam Callaghan, who is keen to catch you all out, so be careful!

1. What does the following sequence represent? 19, 31, 39, 48, 55, 69.
2. Which was the least common quest object?
3. During which quest did Mellisandre first appear?
4. What was the most common contestant name?
5. What does this sequence represent? MA1, TA1, CR6, SH11, CR12, SW12, SH14, CR16.
6. What does this sequence represent? 3210, 3712, 4530, 0431, 3411, 0421, 0322, 1231.
7. What number did all the series 3 dungeoneers roll on the die?
8. Which method of changing levels had the longest lifespan?
9. Throughout all eight series of Knightmare, how many contestants died?
10. How many characters said “Enter, Stranger,” during Knightmare’s run?

As usual, four points are available for each question – one for supplying the correct answer, one for identifying the cliché, and two for any Quite Interesting supplementary information that is vaguely relevant to the question. E-mail your answers to eyeshield2002@hotmail.com or PM them to me by Sunday June 22nd 2008, and you could be the next champion of Knightmare QI. Wouldn’t that be something? Answers and results will be revealed in issue 52.
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re:Knightmare QI VIII

Post by Eyeshield »

This competition closes today. Answers and results will be in The Eye Shield Issue 52, coming July 1st.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare QI IX

Post by Eyeshield »

1. What is the only letter of the alphabet never to have been spellcast?
2. Which of these characters is the odd one out: Sir Hugh, Pixel, the Samurai or Gwendoline? See if you can conjure up the correct answer.
3. Excluding winners’ trophies, in how many series of Knightmare did frightknights feature?
4. Which of these spells is the odd one out: HERO, HEROES, HOME or WIND?
5. Whose pet cat do we see during series 6?
6. Which of these is the odd one out: Folly, Merlin, wellways or Lillith? You might want to discuss this question with others at a later date.
7. What does the sequence 7, 15, 15, 12, 14, 13, 14, 15 signify? Finalise your answer.
8. Who was the first character to mispronounce something in Latin on Knightmare?
9. Which of these characters is the odd one out: Hordriss, Smirkenorff or Gumboil? As ever, Quite Interesting supplementary information will earn you credit.
10. How many teams met an “Ooh, nasty!” end in series 4?

These questions come from the mind of Knightmare QI Master Drassil himself, so expect no mercy, although there are a few clues for you in there, if you can spot them. As usual, four points are available for each question – one for supplying the correct answer, one for identifying the cliché (or, in the case of TWO of these questions, the lack of a cliché) and two for any Quite Interesting supplementary information that is vaguely relevant to the question. E-mail your answers to eyeshield2002@hotmail.com or PM them to me by Saturday August 16th 2008 and you could be the next Knightmare QI champion. Just imagine how great that would feel! Answers and results will be revealed in issue 53.
Last edited by Eyeshield on 01 Jul 2008, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re:Knightmare QI IX

Post by Eyeshield »

This competition closes at the stroke of midnight tonight, so if you're thinking about sneaking in an entry, you've got two hours left! My thanks as ever to those who did enter, and don't forget to check the answers and results in The Eye Shield Issue 53, coming your way on Monday September 1st.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare QI X

Post by Eyeshield »

Now it’s time for Liam Callaghan to complete his trilogy of devious arrays of QI questions by kicking off another round! See if you can wrap your brains around these.

1. What does this sequence signify? RD6, KN13, CS12, GS8, KY9, CS7, BY7, OR7.
2. What do all these characters have in common? HORDRISS, MALICE, LORD FEAR, MRS GRIMWOLD, SYLVESTER HANDS.
3. What do all these characters have in common? BROTHER MACE, MOTLEY, SIDRISS, THE FERRYMAN, RIDOLFO, GRIMALDINE, GREYSTAGG, SYLVESTER HANDS.
4. What have all these characters done during Knightmare’s run? LORD FEAR, LISSARD, MILDREAD, HORDRISS, SYLVESTER HANDS, MERLIN, MOGDRED.
5. Which is the odd character out? LORD FEAR, SKARKILL, SYLVESTER HANDS, JULIUS SCARAMONGER, AESANDRE, GREYSTAGG, CAPTAIN NEMANOR, HORDRISS, DREADNORT, HEGGATTY, LISSARD, RAPTOR, GRIMALDINE, BROLLACHAN, SNAPPER-JACK, HONESTY BARTRAM, BHAL-SHEBAH, MALDAME.
6. Who is the odd one out? MERLIN, MOGDRED, GRETEL, THE GRIMWOLDS, FOLLY.
7. What does this sequence signify? 10, 16, 37, 43, 53, 61, 62, 68.
8. Which of these fatal traps and puzzles is the odd one out? MEDUSA’S STARE, THE DUNGEON VALLEY (QUICKSAND), THE BLOCK AND TACKLE, THE CORRIDOR OF BLADES, CAUSEWAYS, PLAY YOUR CARDS RIGHT.
9. What does this sequence represent? 1360, 1234, 1240, 0316, 5134, 0135, 0216, 1426.
10. Finally, what does the following sequence represent? You’ll have to be “sharp” to get this one. TOP RIGHT, BOTTOM LEFT, TOP RIGHT, BOTTOM LEFT, TOP RIGHT, BOTTOM LEFT, BOTTOM LEFT, BOTTOM RIGHT, BOTTOM RIGHT.

As usual, four points are available for each question – one for supplying the correct answer, one for identifying the cliché (or, in the case of one of these questions, the lack of a cliché) and two for any Quite Interesting supplementary information that is vaguely relevant to the question. E-mail your answers to eyeshield2002@hotmail.com or PM them to me by Saturday October 18th 2008 and you could be the next Knightmare QI champion. Just imagine how great that would feel! Answers and results will be revealed in issue 54. (By the way, the competition is open from Monday September 1st to Saturday October 18th inclusive, but if you send your answers between Saturday September 6th and Friday September 12th, you should expect some delay in receiving your results as I will be on holiday during that week.)
Last edited by Eyeshield on 01 Sep 2008, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re:Knightmare QI X

Post by Eyeshield »

Don't forget to check out TES issue 54 on November 1st for the answers to and results of this competition, and much, much more!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare QI XI

Post by Eyeshield »

Don’t forget to watch out for the clichés (all but two of these questions have them) and remember that you can earn up to four points for each question – one for a correct answer, one for identifying the cliché, and two for slipping in some Quite Interesting supplementary information. PM or e-mail your answers (eyeshield2002@hotmail.com) by Saturday December 13th 2008 and you could be the next Knightmare QI Champion!

1. When Elita loses her voice, which character reveals to us (the Watchers) what has actually happened to her?
2. By whom is Mrs Grimwold accompanied during all but one of her series 3 appearances?
3. Which is the first losing team not to be dismissed by the spell DISMISS?
4. What is the significance of these spells? LANTERN, FREEZER, SLEEP, DARK, DANCE, SWORD, GRIP, ENERGY, TWIST, CURE, RUN.
5. What is the maximum number of consecutive Scottish dungeoneers featured on Knightmare?
6. Who was the first dungeoneer to ride Smirkenorff from level one to level two?
7. Which dungeoneer made use of a talking book?
8. Which is the final character to be seen locked in a set of stocks?
9. What is unique about the spyglass sequence in the final episode of series 6?
10. In series 8, how many teams managed to answer three of Snapper-Jack’s riddles correctly?
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare QI XII

Post by Eyeshield »

Oh happy day, Knightmare QI is back! These questions come from the devious mind of Jim Waterman.

1. Which is the first episode of Knightmare during which a pooka can be seen?
2. Which is the last episode of Knightmare during which a pooka can be seen?
3. Which is the first team to hear “Ooh, nasty!” from Treguard?
4. Which is the last quest to feature the original Helmet of Justice?
5. How many of Knightmare’s contestants can be seen during the closing credits of at least one episode?
6. How many Knightmare characters were seen consuming alcoholic drinks? (This does not include extras at the Crazed Heifer, or any other such drinking establishment.)
7. How many witches were seen making use of a broomstick?

Go on, all you Knightmare QI enthusiasts – have a bash at these, you know you want to! E-mail your answers to eyeshield2002@hotmail.com or PM them to me by Saturday April 18th 2009, and that elusive title of Knightmare QI champion could be yours! Remember, four points are available for each question – one for supplying the correct answer, one for identifying the cliché, and two bonus points for any Quite Interesting supplementary information that is vaguely relevant to the question. Don’t forget to watch out for those clichés – give one as your answer and you lose ten points!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare QI XII

Post by Fidjit »

I'm not even going to attempt dude. Knowing me I'd answer them in a totally different way. I'm like the Oracle of Confusion...

Once in my mock exams there was a question in chemistry: "What is water?" I answered: "Melted Steam!" ;D (That was a joke by the way)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

You don't have to give the exact answers I've got on my card for QI, by the way, as long as they're actually correct in some way, and not one of the cliches. Do have a go if you feel like it, Fidjit! Here's another answer to the water question - condensed water vapour!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Two hydrogen atoms combined with one oxygen atom.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I did say I was joking Pooka, I did get a grade D in my GCSE's without Learning Support y'know ;)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I know... but I wasn't being totally serious either!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

This competition is now closed. Answers and results to come on May 1st in TES Issue 57!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare QI XIII

Post by Eyeshield »

Starting next issue, Knightmare QI is going to take a fairly lengthy break, so if you’re still up for more, you’d better enjoy these questions from Drassil while you can!

1. Which team was the last to be DISMISSed by Treguard?
2. Which spell had the greatest number of different casters?
3. Which of these is the odd one out: Samurai, Brollachan, Gretel, Grimwold or Dreadnort?
4. Which three of these are the odd ones in: Sidriss, Puck, Majida, Pixel?
5. What does the sequence 19, 36, 39, 41, 40, 16, 30, 31 signify?
6. Which of these is the odd one out: gauntlet, horn, witch amber or jester’s sceptre?
7. What does the sequence 0, 6, 5, 4, 4, 3, 4, 4 signify?
8. Which of these is the odd one out: Temporal Disruption, Walls of Jericho, the writing on the wall, Powers That Be or Behemoth?
9. How many non-winning teams had two episodes entirely to themselves?
10. Name the odd one out: Mellisandre, Lord Fear, Lissard, Raptor.

As ever, there is a maximum score of four points for each question, including one for giving a correct answer and one for identifying the cliché. Answer with a cliché, of course, and you lose ten points, although only three of these questions actually have specific clichés, so I’ve decided to rock the boat a bit by awarding up to three QI points for each of the other seven! Make those answers as detailed as you can, but be careful – you could still trip over one of those three clichés! E-mail your answers to eyeshield2002@hotmail.com by Saturday June 13th 2009 and you could be the next Knightmare QI Champion – yes, you really could, because Drassil is ineligible to enter since he wrote the questions! Go on, give it a shot!