As noted by Kieran, one of Joanne's biggest TV roles was in Grace & Favour, the 1992-1993 sequel to Are You Being Served (RIP David Croft). Miss Lovelock appeared in every episode and was particularly admired by Captain Peacock, while the women tended to bitch about her. It's not hard to see how she got the Stiletta role after this - her character is quite similar in voice and attitude, not to mention the innuendo-laden remarks!
Here are some links to her main scenes in the show...
- First impressions.
- Living arrangements. She has another line at 2:25
- Has anyone seen her whip?
- Thrown into a ditch by her horse.
- Wearing only a towel... and then motorbike leathers.
- She got tossed.
- Fortunately she has very strong thighs.
- Lawnmower problems.
- Hotel staff rehearsal. Continued at the start of this clip
, in which she also appears at 7:20.
- Mucking out the cowshed.
- Singing at a church service.
- Shaking her tambourine for the harvest dance.
- Having a dig at Miss Brahms. Continued here
, with a further scene at 1:57.
- Talking to the police about sleeping with a stallion.
- Painting the crease.
- Crosswords and cricket.
- Man of the match.
- Riding lesson.
- Failing to recognise Mrs Slocombe in disguise. Continued here
with more at 2:30 and 4:35.
- Sorting through old paintings. She also plays Leonora in Peacock's fantasy.
- She appears pretty much throughout this part, involving a trip to the museum. Continued here
, with Joanne at 0:43 and 2:55.
- Working in the stables and behind the bar.
- She went to ballet school...
- Dancing with Mr Humphries!
2:01, 6:12, 7:55
- Secrets and sheep.
- Trying to avert a brawl.
- Raiding sheep.