Knightmare Convention: messaging celebrities

Discussion and posts relating to the 2014 Knightmare Convention in Norwich
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Convention: messaging celebrities

Post by dugeoneerborne »

This might be a long shot but has anyone considered asking Noah Antwiler ( spoonyone), he revied km, liked it & he's a massive fan of d & d games & anything adventurey, I know he lives in america but he has a massive fanbase & if he could advertise us or even come over he'd bring a hell of a lot of publicity, he also saw gw episode last year, I'll ask him if you want & hope for a response.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
Greystagg
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Convention

Post by Greystagg »

dugeoneerborne wrote:This might be a long shot but has anyone considered asking Noah Antwiler ( spoonyone), he revied km, liked it & he's a massive fan of d & d games & anything adventurey, I know he lives in america but he has a massive fanbase & if he could advertise us or even come over he'd bring a hell of a lot of publicity, he also saw gw episode last year, I'll ask him if you want & hope for a response.
Excellent idea!
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

I've just sent the message to Noah, also mentioned what this could mean for the future of knightmare, mentioned being able to play a room in the dungeon, the unaired us pilot, tim childs, hugo, mark knight and actor who played lizzard will be there and if this happens if could mean a full revival for knightmare if enough fan interest is there and asked if he could advertise this.

If he does I really hope this means he might come to this, again if he does this will help exponentially, My message went to noahs other folder because I' not connected on fb (and don't want to pay money to post it to the main one on fb), I really hope he gets this and acknowledges, I praised his review of knightmare as well, fingers crossed and this is the best I can do.

If My voice wasn't crap at the minute from cold I'll try and do My treguard impression and lord fear and put it in a vid and mention the convention, hell if I knew who to animate that fan art I did of treguard I'd use that (and animation's something I really want to get into).

Never mind, I put this search in on google and saw noahs response on twitter when you guys tweeted this to him, I guess he's not happy, if I get a reply I'll probably get something I don't like, dammit :(. I really don't know who else there is to ask, bbc news haven't got back to Me, along with itv, the guardian and the daily mail, just like you guys I really want this to happen and it seems no one else outside of us does :(, this is incredibly frustrating (& I'm still there trying to convince a games company who doens't care for one of their ips to do a hd remake and had no luck with the group I'm mostly running).

I live 40 minutes from Norwich.....is there anyway I can make prinouts of the convention, with the link and give it to the forum in Norwich (where look east is) and try to post it to as many adventure game shops as I can in Norwich)?, why didn't I think of this sooner.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
Greystagg
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Greystagg »

Oh, looks like Spoony already knows. :)
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Daphne wrote:Oh, looks like Spoony already knows. :)
Didn't seem to happy going from the twitter reply to km (hope I'm wrong).

Has anyone asked Lain Lee (celebrity fan of knightmare)?.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

dugeoneerborne wrote:

I found his response quite surprising actually. It's a shame that he didn't link to us in his tweet - that would have done us so much benefit for no cost on his part :(
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

[quote="Mystara"

Has anyone asked Lain Lee (celebrity fan of knightmare)?.[/quote]

I found his response quite surprising actually. It's a shame that he didn't link to us in his tweet - that would have done us so much benefit for no cost on his part :([/quote]

Yeah I'm definitely surprised that he didn't link it either, spoony used to be a pretty good reviewer when it came to niche things and ripping apart final fantasy 8 10 and 13 and some bad fmv games, I don't know what's happened with this guy as of late, if he doesn't want to link though that's his loss I guess.

I'm still trying everywhere I can online but no luck just yet and still sharing this, I had another idea is littlekuriboh (the guy who parodies 4kids yu-gi-oh) and also a member of channel awesome a fan of knightmare?, if he is he could advertise this as he has a massive fanbase and he constantly makes references to dungon monsters (from yu-gi-oh series), maybe I'm looking for something that's not there but I hope he's heard of km and is a fan.

Would Robert Llewellyn be up for advertising the convention as he advertised km geekweek episode last year?, just a thought.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Just tweeted Robert Llewelyn about the knightmare convetion and asked if he can advertise us if and when he has time.

Sorry guys wish I could do more, hope I get an answer and if I do I'll pass on what he says about it (fingers crossd).
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

dugeoneerborne wrote:
Didn't seem to happy going from the twitter reply to km (hope I'm wrong)
What did Spoony say? I can't find the tweet.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

pjmlfc05 wrote:
dugeoneerborne wrote:
https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status ... 3718354945
who is he?
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

wombstar wrote:
pjmlfc05 wrote:
dugeoneerborne wrote:
https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status ... 3718354945
who is he?
Thanks for that. Spoony did a review on Knightmare. If you type in 'Knightmare spoony in youtube, you should find it. It is in 2 parts. Sorry I couldn't do a link. My phone won't let me.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Mystara wrote:
dugeoneerborne wrote:

I found his response quite surprising actually. It's a shame that he didn't link to us in his tweet - that would have done us so much benefit for no cost on his part :(
It seems to be part of his online persona to display annoyance when several people pass the same news onto him. While it's a shame not to have his explicit support, his review and commentaries of Knightmare did widen its popularity, especially in the States.
dugeoneerborne wrote:Just tweeted Robert Llewelyn about the knightmare convetion and asked if he can advertise us if and when he has time.

Sorry guys wish I could do more, hope I get an answer and if I do I'll pass on what he says about it (fingers crossd).
Good ideas about Iain Lee and Robert Llewellyn. And no need to apologise, Martin. Your enthusiasm and support is very encouraging. :)
Mystara wrote:The number of people who moaned about the YouTubers was small in comparison to the people who didn't. However, most of the people that did moan are people that are perceived as being part of the Knightmare community. Hence, the conclusion that the YouTubers are hated.
I seem to recall Emma replying to some of the negative YouTube comments, suggesting that the criticism wasn't water off a duck's back.

It appears that EPIC and Mark Knight have both tweeted Dan and Phil about the convention.

How does Jessie Cave feel about Knightmare fans and their perception of her? She has four times as many Twitter followers as Knightmare has Facebook likes, so promotion from her could be beneficial unless we've alienated her too. :(
Mystara wrote:For anyone interested, my interview with Starburst Magazine is here:
http://www.starburstmagazine.com/featur ... ntion-2014
'David Rowe, the artist of the original Knightmare dungeon, will be giving a presentation showing how the Knightmare dungeon was made on the Saturday.' And how on the Sunday, he rested. ;)
HobGoblin wrote:We're edging towards £1000 which I'm hoping crosses some kind of psychological barrier and encourages others to see there might be a 'point' to pledging.
We've now edged past, so a little less of the KM community's dignity hangs in the balance. Just a shame that there are 11 more psychological barriers ahead! Still, if a witch queen can pass an anti-magic barrier then who knows what's possible?
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

HobGoblin wrote:And already past 2k! My talk of psychological barriers was obviously borne out of hope but perhaps the floodgates really have opened!
Woah, we're over 2000, spellcasting b l o o d y h e l l y e s :), did someone tell richard branson or bill gates about us? (lol).

That's awesome news and reg news I haven't heard anything from Rob Llewelyn yet about this, I'd go up norwich today and advertise us but I'm still not a 100 percent at the minute.

Drassil: Apologising's a force of habit and I just hope it's enough, I run My own campaign on fb with a few friends for another franchise (no luck on that one or convincing konami though (not main konami anyway) and that's been a real pain in the graniteass).
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

That does make sense, I guess that came down to thinking about the other perition I'm constantly doing and My mind switched off when I pledged and only hit after I did it (usually not that rubbish at remembering).

Fingers crossed on brooker, I guess it makes sense for bbs and itv to see how much activity this gets first and I'm still making sure to share this everyday.

Soon as Tuesday hits I'll make as many copies of km convention as I can and go up norwich with them.

Aren't there a few radio stations in Norwich as well, if there's any on My route I'll see if I can hand one or two of these in there as well.
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

May I suggest Dave Berry who currently presents the Capital Radio breakfast show? Dave was a strong advocate for KM on Richard Bacon's Beer and Pizza Club a few years ago and has the potential to plug the convention to a huge audience.

I've contacted him on twitter but a tweet from a random is likely to get ignored or simply lost in a very busy timeline. A more formal approach to either Dave or his producers at Capital might be more fruitful.

Just a thought...
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!