Play a room of the dungeon

Discussion and posts relating to the 2014 Knightmare Convention in Norwich
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Play a room of the dungeon

Post by Mystara »

Regarding the room.
I'm just asking out of curiosity, could you not offer a choice of room to play than just one room for all?
No. The room setup takes 30 - 60 minutes. So then we'd only be able to offer the opportunity to about 10 people.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Convention

Post by wombstar »

Mystara wrote:
Regarding the room.
I'm just asking out of curiosity, could you not offer a choice of room to play than just one room for all?
No. The room setup takes 30 - 60 minutes. So then we'd only be able to offer the opportunity to about 10 people.
What if each room had a time slot? So those playing a room would book it in advance on entry (say there were three or two room choices) So room 1 would be played in the morning, and then it's changed after a couple of hours for those wanting to play room 2. if that makes sense?
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

What if each room had a time slot? So those playing a room would book it in advance on entry (say there were three or two room choices) So room 1 would be played in the morning, and then it's changed after a couple of hours for those wanting to play room 2. if that makes sense?
I'm not convinced that this is likely to help the campaign really.

But aside from anything else, the "play a room of the dungeon" event is done in the main auditorium where all the talks are. So all the time that we have talks on, we can't do "play a room of the dungeon". Knock out 30-60 minutes per change, then add on a couple of hours for your Q&A sessions, an hour or two for the videos, 30-60 minutes for David Rowe, etc. etc. and you've basically lost any time to actually play.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Yeah I was just asking out of curiosity, but as you've pointed out it wouldn't work due to practical reasons. I didn't realise the talks were in the same room.

In fact I remember we used the green screen at the bbc forum for a children in need/Doctor who event one year, gave kids a chance to be in their own adventure and that was the same 'film' all night.

There is one more lotto till deadline. ;)
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in