Hi there !

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
Elric
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Hi there !

Post by Elric »

Hi, I just found your website on Google after a friend and I were disscussing the program last night.
It brought back a load of cool memories and the thought of a new show is just too great not to keep up to date with any new news.
Can't wait to get to know you all
Elric
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Hi there !

Post by MoanaLiza »

Hello and welcome. Please indulge some more in plenty of nostalgia and come here ofter. Now that's just what the doctor ordered weren't it. :)
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Elric
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Elric »

Indeed,thanks for the warm welcome. I may have some interesting Knightmare facts that even the people here don't know ;D
angelordevil4585
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by angelordevil4585 »

Hi Elric! Welcome to the Km forum!

Share your facts!!! :D
Now, I don't like to gloat...what am I saying? I can't believe I just said that, dear me, what a little fibber I am. Of course I like to gloat...love it, something of a hobby.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Yes indeed, welcome to these forums. I am Dark Descender, Romanticist, Feminist and an utter prat. See? Still the traditional warm welcome.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Elric
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Elric »

Here we go then...
Qn. Why was Dickon Hares so much shorter than the other people on his team?
I'll give you two hours to suggest answers before I unlease my huge (if not massively specific) knightmare fact-me -do.

Cheers
Elric
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Heyo, what a nice friendly person! :)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Elric
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Elric »

Damn that was a long two hours.
I'll take that silence as an addmission of ignorance ;) and reveal my only piece of knightmare knowledege.

Ans.
Dickon was the replacment for Praveen's (twin?)brother who was taken ill before filming and was the same age as the three advisors. Dickon was chosen as he was Dom's brother and avaliable to take part in filming.
What does this mean?
As far as my understanding of knightmare goes it's the advisors that do most of the intellectual work during the show. It's reasonable to surmise therefore that the Torquay team would have won without Dickon. Obviously this is good news for Dickon as he got to win Knightmare, but you've got to feel for Prav's brother who missed a chance to be part of cult t.v. history.
Does anyone care?
Let me know if you care/belive me/found this remotely interesting.
if I get enough nice words thrown my way I may even be persuaded to do an interview with either Dickon or Dom about their experiences on Knightmare during the christmas break. Let me know and thanks for listening.
Elric
Last edited by Elric on 14 Dec 2004, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Hi, Elric. Thanks for sharing that. Because most of the people on the Forum are 'grown-up' Knightmare fans, being able to look back on the show we enjoyed as kids with new behind-the-scenes information enhances the experience. Sounds like Praveen's brother was unlucky, but hopefully he was proud of his brother and friends for doing so well...

Any more info you wish to share, feel free. Either way, have an enjoyable time on the Forum.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Welcome to the zone!
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Hi there

I always thought Dickon's quest was one of the best in the whole of knightmare and one of the most entertaining.