Hi i'm new here

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Hi i'm new here

Post by Darren »

Hi everyone, i just stumbled across this site yesterday, i really enjoyed knightmare when i was little, i don't remember much, as i am 17 now, i must have been very young when i saw the show, i remember bits and pieces, but i do remember sitting infront of the tv every friday after school just before my tea, makeing sure i didn't miss it!

One episode that sticks out in my mind is when one of the contestants bring back some hammer, and the shield they were carrying turned into the eye shield (i think, im not entirely sure) but it does seem to stand out.

Any ideas of which episode i might have been watching?

Its nice to see that knightmare is not forgotten after all this time!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Hi i'm new here

Post by Billy »

Welcome, watcher of illusion, to the forum of confusion! ;)

Episode you were watching was Episode 15 of Series 7, transmitted 17th December 1993. Good one that! See the episode discussion thread here: http://www.talkknightmare.co.uk/yabbse/ ... eadid=1321 .
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Oh yea! wow that brought back memories just reading about it! I saw on the site they were pictures too!

And the weired thing is, the launch date of that episode was the same day as my birthday!

It would be great to see those episodes again, unfortunatly doesn't look like that will ever happen :(
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Hello! I am Dark Descender, Romanticist, Feminist and a proffesional village idiot. Enjoy yourself. Oh, and about the episodes being shown again? They are! on Challenge TV. Every weekend. Sadly, you just missed series 7. But series 8 is running as we speak. So, good luck.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Hi, thanks Dark Descender for the warm welcome

unfortunatly i don't have challenge on my tv, worse still, i dont have sky! :(

for the last 3 days or so, i've suddenly become re-addicted to knightmare, and since i am older now, i can have a better understanding of it, i remember those wall monsters i used to be scared of when i was little, i can't remember which one was which, but I'm going to have to re-learn what all the characters were called and such, but the site is certainly jogging my memory!

I must have started watching from around series 7, because i remember the skeleton at the top of the screen with armour falling off, showing how much energy the dungeoner had.

I am planning on createing a fan site for knightmare, along with other shows i used to watch as a child, however i would love to watch knightmare right from series 1, right through to the end, however i doubt that will ever happen, perhaps they are downloadable episodes, or tapes i can get hold of with them on?

I remember recording some episodes when i was little, on the old beta video recorder we had, smaller tapes than what we have today, but my mum threw it away and all the tapes with it when i was about 10, shame because i could have had them converted onto normal tapes

*I've now been watching some clips from the site itself, i remember watching all of season 8, and i remember that last episode*
Last edited by Darren on 16 Nov 2004, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

At the moment there is nothing available regarding the episodes other than those on Challenge?, so either you get Sky or wait for any possible DVD release in the future. :)

The final moments of S8 are extrememly memorable, before I joined this website years ago, it was perhaps my best memory of the show, and for some reaosn, many aspects of S3, especially the pussy cats!

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy browsing around the site, and hope that you get to see KM again very soon :)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Thanks! I know a few friends who i have challenge, i can probably get them to record them for me, and then i can watch them all over again! Unfortunatly it will be one season, but its better than nothing!

oh and i've seen some video's of KMVR which look kinda cool, however it just doesn't feel the same as the original, whatever happened to walking around in the blue room :(

However the graphics do look better now, and that gargoyle of dispair just really freaks me out :o
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Well, the tehcnology has changed an awful lot in 10 years as yu can imagine.

There are many discussion threads on the new series, I am personally confident in it :)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Welcome to the zone!
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, really means a lot

Yes i agree times have changed, knightmare deserves an upgrade in graphics, however i hope it looks/feels the same as the original just more enhanced. The sounds and music should be kept the same, but maybe give those a new feel too, i think it would be best to keep it as close to the original as possible :)

Bringing back knightmare would be fantastic tho, i would really love to see it happen
Last edited by Darren on 16 Nov 2004, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Hey, nice to see another new face here. ;D Hope you have fun!
Rising from the ashes once again....
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

I'm sure i will have fun here, i am so far! I'm checking this thread now and again, i'm suprised so many people are makeing me welcome ;D

I have a few knightmare questions i wanted to ask some fans, because i need to re-jog my memory a bit:

They was a puzzle that had cards on the wall, and i remember the team getting it wrong and falling through the floor, but i forgot how it worked, can someone tell me how that puzzle works

Also, i know Knightmare VR isn't out yet, but do we have any idea when it will be out? Have they started makeing any episodes, and will any of the actors that played the characters make a return, or will it be someone new?

Lastly, i just wanted to know how many wall monsters they were, and what they looked like, because i am sure i have seen more than 1 of them, the Brollican used to freak me out tho, i used to have dreams when i was little that it was going to come and eat me :o

ahh those were the days ;D
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

First, there is an explanation of the "Play Your Cards Right" puzzle here:

http://www.knightmare.com/series/8/l2.htm

Next, with KMVR it is a matter of sitting and waiting (or standing and waiting which is similar but higher up) until a TV company should choose to commision it. As news breaks, Tim Child (who also posts here) will let us know.

Lastly, there is a descripition of the early wall monsters in an "Eyeshield" and pictures can be found on the series pages:

http://www.knightmare.com/tes/issue23/8.htm
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Hey thanks Harvey Towers!

Thanks for explaining the 'play your cards right' puzzle, it makes sence now

lol, i couldn't believe my eyes when you said Tim Child posts here, i had to read it twice to make sure thats what you said! How often does he post here?

lol, i've been reading so much about knightmare that i will probably end up having those dreams about the Brollican eating me all over again! ;D

Oh and one final question, is they anywhere i can buy Knightmare merchandise still? or is most of it unbuyable now?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Hi, Darren. Good to see another Knightmare enthusiast on the Forum!

Tim Child posts here whenever he has Knightmare news to pass on, especially relating to Knightmare VR.

eBay is a good place to search for Knightmare merchandise - mugs, T-shirts, books. Though bear in mind that since no videos or DVDs of the original Knightmare series have been released (yet), any you see for auction on eBay are breaking the law.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.