Geek Week Knightmare: three years on

Discussion about Knightmare in youtube's Geek Week.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Geek Week Knightmare: three years on

Post by Drassil »

The Geek Week episode of Knightmare is now three years old. It's had over a million views on YouTube. This is impressive but I find myself wondering why it hasn't had more. Dan Howell alone has over 3.5 million followers on Twitter. Hopefully word will continue to spread, especially among CITV-era Knightmare watchers.

Since the episode was released, Isy Suttie (Veruca) and Jessie Cave (Theodora Snitch) have both become parents. Specifically, mothers. Jessie's other half is the son of impressionist Jan Ravens. Isy's partner is Elis James, who co-stars in the sitcom Josh alongside Josh Widdicombe. As well as being a Knightmare fan (as confirmed on Mock The Week last month), Widdicombe wrote a comment for the cover of Isy's book, which mentions Knightmare. I'd be interested to know how influential Widdicombe's recommendation was for shifting copies.

I put together a YouTube playlist comprising all the official videos relating to Geek Week Knightmare: the trailer, the Kryten videos and both versions of the episode. It's here.