The new KM episode is up!

Discussion about Knightmare in youtube's Geek Week.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Re: The new KM episode is up!

Post by Mashibinbin »

There hasn't been a great deal to talk about from my perspective for quite a while. Before I start on my thoughts well done to the Knightmare Live gang for doing an excellent job elsewhere and good luck in the fringe - I full enjoyed my time performing there 10 years ago..where does my age go *sob

As for the latest 'official' episode. It came from nowhere having had a short announcement a few days before. I have to say I really, really enjoyed it. It was mickey taking but in such an affectionate 'this is how it used to work' sort of way.

The performances of Hugo, Mark and Cliff were at all times credible and true to to the characters we knew as well as sterling work from the supporting cast. The scenarios a refreshing mix of cheekiness and loving throw backs to all manner of things with excellent graphics and appropiate effects thrown in.

There were obvious cuts and that is about the only negative I can say of this. There needs to be a 20 year timegap before I can go into nitpicker central. If anything, it proved there is more than life in the concept still but either way a great job. Thankyou for making me go further back in my youth than my Edinburgh days!

Tim, if it's all possible can you provide dvds of a final edit of this at all...or will this be a bonus feature on a proper release? ;)
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Mashibinbin wrote: Tim, if it's all possible can you provide dvds of a final edit of this at all...or will this be a bonus feature on a proper release? ;)
I think someone else further up on this thread requested sight of the additional cut footage and if it would be possible, it would be amazing to see this, please, in whatever format possible!!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Just had a scary thought. Can you imagine how big a DVD would be if it included all the cut 'good' footage from all eight seasons, plus Dungeon Doom, plus KMVR, plus KMGW?

8-o
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Lol perhaps around 15 DVDs for the episodes alone then perhaps another 5 for the extras? Lol would be a fair sized box set!! ;D
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

We went down that route a few years ago, and it had nowhere near enough support.

Sadly.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Mystara wrote:We went down that route a few years ago, and it had nowhere near enough support.

Sadly.
That is sad to hear. I am still holding onto the hope the Geek Week episode might prompt the DVDs to happen. ???
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

What about the deleted scenes from this geek week episode then? Likely to see the light of day?

Sorry to press the point but they sound great!
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

HStorm wrote:Just had a scary thought. Can you imagine how big a DVD would be if it included all the cut 'good' footage from all eight seasons, plus Dungeon Doom, plus KMVR, plus KMGW?

8-o
What was Dungeon doom?
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Dungeon Doom was the original name of the Knightmare pilot episode from 1986. Thankfully the name didn't last long.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

I didn't realise it had a name, lol so does anyone know what 'swords and sorcery' was? When I applied to be on the show we received the 'blue letter of death' confirming the shows cancellation and was being replaced by a new show 'swords and sorcery' I believe they called it. Instead it was replaced by a fish. ???
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

wombstar wrote:so does anyone know what 'swords and sorcery' was? When I applied to be on the show we received the 'blue letter of death' confirming the shows cancellation and was being replaced by a new show 'swords and sorcery' I believe they called it.
I think you're referring to The Sword of the Sorcerer.
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Post by beveryafraid »

For those already asking, a full edit of and including all the material shot and played in Norwich on July 24/25 will be completed by september and will be made available via an Internet link in due course. This includes the Fountain of energy - described by Theodora Snitch (but deleted), allowing leaks from the Fountain in Level One to fall into Levels two and three, providing emergency energy renewal.
Its a feature you are all going to like, but as a gamestmaster, its partricularly useful for one can place it in perilous positions, forcing the players to take the risk, or not. Look on the end credit screen of the Youtube version and you will see it previewed.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

That sounds great, many thanks.
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

Superb, thank you! More KM goodies to look forward to.

I did notice the water drop in the wall monster room - reminiscent of Barry's winning quest.
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

More footage on the way? YAY!
beveryafraid wrote:This includes the Fountain of energy - described by Theodora Snitch (but deleted), allowing leaks from the Fountain in Level One to fall into Levels two and three, providing emergency energy renewal.
Ohhhhhhhhh, does this finally explain why the dripping water was enough to restore Barry's life force in Series 7? Awesome!