Interview with Edmund Dehn

Questions for the cast and crew of Knightmare
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Interview with Edmund Dehn

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Okay I'm getting the Automatum confused with the Knight from s3 (the one that Velda shot at and the one that Martin said 'boo' to) and I don't know why. I don't think I every seen s2 & 3 though so I don't know why I thought that the Automaton was in series 3!
Yes. The thing in Series 3 is a Behemoth, according to Treguard. At least it is on one occasion. Whether that same guy in the same costume when he appears every other time that series is still the Behemoth is anyone's guess. ;)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I Could sware blind I heard Pikle refer to it as a Frightknight in S4 were it appers in the transporter pad room.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

is it too late to send the questions in?
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Looks like it.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

This is interesting, shame I didn't give any questions to it. Do you know when you are likely to get back the answers?
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Hi again, terribly sorry about the delay, my PC blew uo last week so I am getting back to grips with things.

Yes, I have sent off the questions, and he is answering them, so I expect it to surface in a short while in the full form.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Hi again, terribly sorry about the delay, my PC blew uo last week so I am getting back to grips with things.
Oooooh! That sounds a bit dodgy. Had you been using your computer in a bomb room?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

No bomb room was required, the PC alone was self destructive.  I have a new one now however, so no chance of it happening again, damn thing.
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

Kieran, what is the state of play re this interview? You said that you have sent off all the questions, but have not said anything else. Have you received any replies yet?
Last edited by JoeGrocottJames on 27 Jan 2004, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Replies have been sent my Ed Dehn, it is likely you'll see the full interviews in a future site update.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I think he came over as a very likeable chap indeed. Despite not being involved in the show for very long, it's evident it meant a fair bit to him, which is really nice to see. But there's one thing he said that really made me love him:

"What was frustrating was that the Wall Monster was never allowed to "eat" anyone!!! I longed for just one team to get all 3 questions wrong, so I could be the one to finish them off!!!"

Oh, a man after my own heart.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yeah, that stood out for me too. It made me think, "No wonder Igneous always sounded so much more noisy and irritable than all the other wall monsters... Ed Dehn was genuinely p*ssed off."
Last edited by HStorm on 05 Mar 2004, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

I can't remember what that wall monster sounded like.  All I seem to recall was that he had an extremely strange face, and that it was a red clue room.  

Ed Dehn's answers were very interesting.  Top stuff!
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Another thing that interested me was his comment about the production team wanting to keep reshoots with the kidsies to a minimum. That was something we'd discussed before, so it looks like it occasionally did happen, although it also explains why evidently some actors felt the need to press on and try to rescue a scene (e.g. Brother Mace not being able to find the right card!).

Personally, I enjoyed the Ed Dehn interview the most of the three, which I really didn't expect.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 08 Mar 2004, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I shall forward your replies to him, am sure he'd be happy with that!