Are there any contestants on the forum

Posts by cast, crew and contestants
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Are there any contestants on the forum

Post by MoanaLiza »

Well, my brother did know one of the guys from S8 Team 1...
There's only one guy from Team 1 series 8, Richard Howes (correct me if I'm wrong) the dungeoneer and his advisors were all girls. There's an account by him about what happened and also a picture of the team.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
PKB
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by PKB »

Hi.

My name is Paul Boland and I was team leader of the first Irish team to successfully audition and succeed in being offered a place on Knightmare.  Unfortunately, my Mum fell ill and we missed the call informing us we had won a place on the show  :(.  I was (and still am) devistated.  However, to make up for missing out, Tim Child and all at Knightmare invited me over every year as a VIP to see the show being filmed.  It was a dream come through.

I visited Norwich every year up till the shows ending.  I toured the sets, I met the cast and crew, I got photos and autographs which I cherish to this day.

I remember the first year I went over.  When we arrived at the studios it was lunch time so we (my Da, my sister Julie, myself and my friend Nigel) were invited up to joint the cast and crew in the cafeteria for lunch.  When we walked in the doors, there standing in line to get something to eat, was Yugo Mayth (sorry about the spelling).  I was stunned and couldn't move.  After we got our meal, we sat at the table across from the stars.  Mark Knight was there, and some others.  It blew my mind.  My sister asked me to open a packet of sauce for her and I couldn't because my hands were shaking!!

Later, we got a tour of the studios.  I met everyone, got to see Lizzard get his makeup put on, met Treguard, Hordress (out of his makeup) and Tim and Susan Child.  I got photos, autographs, etc.  Next was tour of the studio.  I saw the props, the two blue rooms they used to film Knightmare, and the anti-chamber where Treguard and co resided.  Then we sat down and watch as the filming took place.  And surprise Surprise...  The first all girl team (Dungeoneer was Julie (not my sister)), won.  We had a truly fantastic time and I have never forgotten it.

I visited every year till the show ended and when it did end, it really upset me.  To this day, I have signed every petition to get Knightmare on DVD, I have contacted studios asking for a repeat of the show (I don't get Challenge TV).  I am hopeful that someday, Knightmare will be released on DVD and I can assure you, I will buy it!  I am now a huge Star Trek fan, it has become my number one show, but if Knightmare came back on tv, it would regain my number 1 spot!
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Hi there and a very warm welcome to the forum. Maybe you could share them with us, if you wanted to (up to you though). But you'd have to contact Illusion via IM and he'd tell you how to do so! If you did want to share them then he'd probably put them on the site at the next update.
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 07 Jan 2004, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

That's really interesting  PKB, I too would be interested to see this stuff. I wish I could've gone for the tour as well. :)
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

And you can real Paul Boland's original guestbook entry and review on this site from 1st September 1999 at http://knightmare.v21hosting.co.uk/series/audition2.htm
Last edited by Illusion on 08 Jan 2004, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

.Re: Are there any contestants on the forum

Post by King_Gazz »

PKB

1st of all congratulations on your piece on knightmare and 2 im very sorry you didnt become the 1st knightmare team from ireland 2 appear on the television.

i am also a big Star Trek fan myself maybe we can share info if u wish just look 4 King_gazz 4 the email add
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Motley's log: "In these crummy stocks, AGAIN!"
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Motley's log: "In these crummy stocks, AGAIN!"
"HEHEHEHEHEHE."

"An Guess Who Put IM There."

"It's were He Belongs."

"HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE.........LOVELY."
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Rus
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Knightmare contestants

Post by Rus »

Hi, I'm new here, so please excuse my ignorance if the answer to this question is already well-known...

but, are any users on here ex-contestants of Knightmare? Does anyone know anyone who was? If the show ever comes back, it could make for some great reunions, or "after they were famous" style shenanigans!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare contestants

Post by HStorm »

See this thread...

http://www.talkknightmare.co.uk/yabbse/ ... eadid=1082

...and welcome aboard by the way. ;)
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
paullomas
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

ANY 1 EVER BEEN ON KNIGHTMARE

Post by paullomas »

has ne 1 actually been on the game show be4
check me out at www.lookitsme.co.uk/lomas2
and my crazy/skateboarding site out at www.geocities.com/derik_kitchen
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:ANY 1 EVER BEEN ON KNIGHTMARE

Post by HStorm »

Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Mogdred
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Knightmare contestants

Post by Mogdred »

Whom on the show pops by on this forum?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Knightmare contestants

Post by Drassil »

Hi, Andrew, and belated congratulations on getting engaged. I was going to point you towards my Table of Contestant Posts thread elsewhere on the forum, which I put together in 2006 to list all the contestants known to have visited, but it's become a mess of lost formatting and outdated links. While I see about updating it, here is a manual list: Mark (Team 4 of Series 1), Julian a.k.a. Jason Karl (T11 of S2), Scott (T9 of S3), Giles (T8 of S4), Andrea and Jenna (T5 of S5), Sumayya (T2 of S6), Nathan (T5 of S6), James (T3 of S7), [heavenly choir]Simon and Barry (T7 of S7) [/heavenly choir], Justin (T2 of S8), Alan and Oliver (T6 of S8).

You can find many of their posts by browsing the Behind The Scenes subforum. The only contestant known to visit the forum regularly these days is Alan, because he runs it. ;D
Mogdred
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare contestants

Post by Mogdred »

Thanks for the info! And thanks again for your best wishes :)