Are there any contestants on the forum

Posts by cast, crew and contestants
Hanna_ball
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Are there any contestants on the forum

Post by Hanna_ball »

I was interested in knowing if there where any actual Knightmare contestants in the current forum.  Or just wannabe's.  Did anyone ever play knightmare at home in their houses with friends.  Id actually still play it if i could get anyone else to play with me. ;D  

Oh yeah does anyone think the two twins from funhouse where meant for characters on Knightmare.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Are there any contestants on the forum

Post by Fidjit »

Yeah! A username called Angila from Series 5 Team 5 the one that stepped on the wrong hexagon...

By the way greetings for today Hanna_ball  ;) :)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I was thinking of starting this topic for my 100th post (this one), but I'm glad that it's already open. Can I expand the question and ask: do any of you know anyone who was on Knightmare, even if you weren't on it yourself?

After just a few weeks at senior school, I discovered that one of the boys in my class was due to appear on Knightmare. His name was Richard, and he was an advisor on a Series 7 team, along with his brother. He was very quiet for the whole quest, until the dungeoneer reached the Playing Cards puzzle; Richard spoke up to give advice and the dungeoneer promptly died! He says that the team were very well treated by the studios - they asked for cake and it was brought to them!

As for 'Melanie and Martina' - could you rephrase the question?
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I did start a topic ages ago similar to this, but no one replied to it. Here's the topic though

http://www.talkknightmare.co.uk/forum/y ... 1063454780
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 24 Nov 2003, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

As most have seen in the Barry Topic - Barry Thorne visits us the most regularly out of all the dungeoneers, I think. I've spoken to Barry online - a lot of people have as he's always happy to chat. A very nice and sociable person :)
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Yeah! A username called Angila from Series 5 Team 5 the one that stepped on the wrong hexagon...
Don't you mean DeadDungeoneer (Jenna) - her sister Andrea (an advisor on the same tam) has also posted here once.

Alan Boyd from Series 8 Team 6 also has an account here under the name mystara, but for some strange reason he's never posted.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I know their not a contestant but don't forget the main man himself mr bva, aka Tim Child. I'm sure there are a couple more contestants and am trying to think.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Well, my brother did know one of the guys from S8 Team 1... thoughit's not as if they've been in contact since leaving school donkeys years ago, so that probably doesn't really count!
Hanna_ball
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Hanna_ball »

OK its good to see that those Knightmare contestants still are around and that other people know them.

With Regards to 'Melanie and Martina' I think that they where intended for the next series of Knightmare, series 9 but because it never came about Funhouse took them on instead, this is what I intended to say drassil, what do you think?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Funhouse never replaced Knightmare. In fact, it started in 1990, and as far as I can recall, Melanie and Martina Grant were with the series from the start. So no, I don't think that they were ever supposed to be on Knightmare.

Apparently there is or was a Funhouse thread somewhere on the forum, but I don't know where.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Did anyone ever play knightmare at home in their houses with friends.
There are a few accounts of this on the following thread on the Off-Topic Forum: http://qwaz.proboards22.com/index.cgi?b ... 1066677520. There is also the Knightmare RPG (details on knightmare.com).
Hanna_ball
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Hanna_ball »

"Funhouse never replaced Knightmare. In fact, it started in 1990."

Hey Drassil I never said funhouse replaced Knightmare it just seemed to be around on a friday evening during the 1990-1999, close to when Knightmare was on.  There was a thread on this forum which talked about Funhouse and the twins, however my comment was only intended to be tongue in cheek.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Fair enough, and apologies for any excessive harshness on my part. In fact, I would have enjoyed seeing twin characters on Knightmare (one Powers That Be, one Opposition maybe?), appearing in the same scene, as a complement to single actors playing multiple roles! If only John Woodnutt had had an identical twin, then his two characters of Mogdred and Merlin could have met on screen!  :)

I found the Funhouse-related thread. It's http://www.talkknightmare.co.uk/forum/y ... 1048607150
Last edited by Drassil on 25 Nov 2003, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
Hanna_ball
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Hanna_ball »

AH you found that link, it brings back bad old memories.

Yeah id have liked to have seen twins on Knightmare as well, there where a few actors playing multiple roles or voiceovers, oh yeah did hordriss do the voice for smirkenorff Clifford Norgate.  Ive only recently discovered this site and am trying to regain old childhood memories of km but id never have picked up on hordriss and smirkenorff at the time.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

oh yeah did hordriss do the voice for smirkenorff Clifford Norgate
Yes. The end credits confirm it. A couple of other examples: Sidriss=Greystagg; Velda=Morghanna. And in the first few appearances of Sylvester Hands in Series 5, when Paul Valentine is trying to fix a voice for the new character, he sounds a lot like PV's other character, Motley!