End of seasons

Posts by cast, crew and contestants
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: End of seasons

Post by Pickle123 »

by delibratly lessening the rooms you can lessen the challenge and therefore almost say it gives them and unfair advantage. i know difficulty cannot be directly linked to length, but the more rooms you have, mean more chances for guiding errors if nothing else
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Hi Noucamp! Don't think I've come across you yet. Have an elf twig *hands one over*

I was quite intersted to hear about the dungeoneer being sick and having to kill them because of that. I'm assuming it was a young one - what say to the process of elimination? We may be able to work it out!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Im sure if they knew season 8 was going to be the last they would have had a big finish.

And i don't think being pulled off the quest because its the end of a season was unfair.. it was part of the game the rules and i guess it was luck of the draw.. unless they had some idea as to how much time they had to play with and played a 'fake' team to end things with? Well we know that wasnt the case it the last few seasons but for the 1st part it might have been the case. or they could included a 'short quest' for the last team.

I also felt it was wrong to kill a team off because they did something wrong.. if they where able to get out of it somehow they should have been giving the chance to.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

I think end of seasons were fantastic, if the dungeoneer was only midway through the dungeon, such as series 3, for instance, and that bloody good ending with the trombone, and series 5, with the freezing objective.  However, for those who were nearly there, they should have shortened the number of rooms down, or provided appropriate short-cuts for retriving objects.  
This is the way that i see it - lets see who agrees

As a child(and i have mentioned this in other posts) I never really knew or cared that Knightmare was a Game show.
As far as i was concerned the dungeoneer was "killed" by whatever or however it was shown in the show(Eg: being eaten by ariadne) Although their failure in a previous part of the dungeon was usually mentioned as the cause it never occured to me that the team was going to lose from the point of this mistake onwards.

With the "Destroy the dungeon"series ends it was the same way i thougn the team were doing well untill the horn blew - "NOOOOO that team might have made it in the end" would have came to mind but t'was all part of the fun.

The sub quests at certain series end (eg:Freezing the dungeon) when completed also led me to believe that the dungeoneer had "won" as his new objective had been completed and the powers that be reigned supreme.

The game show aspect of Knightmare seems to only really appeal to those who are on the show. the rest of us can be content with sitting back and watching how simon's team were performing well untill they told him to "sidestep right" - their mistake may have been made at that point, or it may have been made earlier. apart from cases where object mischoice is made obvious (series3 team7) we will never know.
Last edited by Steve on 15 Jun 2003, 03:53, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...