Mark Cheetham

Posts by cast, crew and contestants
MarkCheetham75
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Mark Cheetham

Post by MarkCheetham75 »

Evening all.
Well after lurking around this site under a different user name, its time to reveal myself (Oo-er!)

After signing the guestbook and entering chat in recent weeks, I can say I am Mark Cheetham, who appeared on the programme back in 1987 as an advisor in Dan's team (Team 4.)

It was certainly a shock to see this again and quite a shock to know that there were that many of you who still cared about the show. I must be honest at the time, we didn't think much would become of Knightmare (This was still the first season remember) and so thought that after a brief bit of publicity back in the 1980s (We appeared in "The News" the local paper down in Pompey) we would fade in to obscurity: how wrong we were!

I now live up in Shipley, West Yorks (Closer to our predecessors on the show, Simon and Co from Heckmondwyke) but still go back to Portsmouth every few months to see family. Still in loose contact with Dan and Tom, although I haven't seen Nigel since 1995. Its nice to know that a snap decision we made as twelve year olds back in 1987 (Whether to go left or right) still causes so much mocking. We knew as soon as we finished filming the room that we had made the wrong decision.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Mark Cheetham

Post by Fidjit »

Seriously,
G'day mate! Names Fidjit, or you can call me Glenn, hope you are a regular visitor here, it gets quite lonely every now and again. Then again I haven't been on this for a while
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
TomDread
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TomDread »

Fade into obscurity? You were on one of the greatest CITV shows ever made!! With 8 series made you should be recognised you were on the show, especially with people watching the Challenge series 1 repeats.

Your quest was much better than some teams in the series. It just went dodgy in the room with Folly- Never could understand that guy.

I've a question Mark- were you or teammates shown any painted rooms that were never shown in the series? The last episode made you think if they had edited anything out.
Last edited by TomDread on 30 Jun 2006, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hello there! Nice to see you around. I think perhaps the reason why your team's demise is discussed so much is because up until that point you were doing really well (I think yours was the only team ever to get no less than three spells out of Merlin) and looked a strong contender for winning.
Subject to change.
MarkCheetham75
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MarkCheetham75 »

Dread-Yes, looking back it does seem as if the final quest was edited, but our quest panned out exactly as it was shown, with no "extra" rooms. The only thing we had to film again was our introduction in Treguard's chamber, as we were all, especially Danny, very nervous before the quest got going(The night before Danny was so nervous that we were considering putting another member of the team in as dungeoneer, but they told us that the team had to be as listed, and Dan was listed as Dungeoneer.) We filmed it about 5 times and so when Tom stuttered his name, it was left in as they didnt want to film it again!

Malefact-Like I say, we got calmer as the quest went on, with our start being quite slow. We were just determined to enjoy it, but not rush ourselves, hence our approach of thinking long and hard about everything (Including me hacking the other three off by debating about that fish for quite a while!)
TomDread
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TomDread »

You and team must've enjoyed being on- i noticed when Casper that talking key kept saying "Danny- well done!" i saw that you were laughing so much you couldn't contain yourself! Shows that Knightmare at that time did have entertaining technology.
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dontyoulikemypie »

Good to see you on here Mark, you're still part of the legend! Only 8 series, 69 teams, so 276 kids on the show and you were one, I'm still jealous my mates couldn't book their holidays at different times and let us go on the show!