Page 1 of 1

Write Your Own Room...

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:05 pm
by Malefact
Hello! Some of you might have read one or more of the Knightmare adventure books. Thinking about those has given me the idea for this thread. How about writing your own room with multiple choice actions?

E.g.:


1.

You emerge in a dimly-lit cavern. There are two exits - right and left. The left exit is closer to you than the right. Contemplating your choice, you suddenly hear a faint growling, echoing off the walls. You cannot see anything and it's impossible to tell where it is coming from. What should you do?

A. Go left. (Proceed to 2)
B. Go right. (Proceed to 3)


And you in turn can write room 2 and/or 3. Spells, objects etc. can be linked in from previous ones. Basically, all of this is an attempt to create our own choose-your-own-adventure story, collaboratively. Have a go! :)

Re:Write Your Own Room...

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:59 pm
by TuragaNuju
3.

You Emerge In A Long Green Corridor, An Old Dwarf Tunnel By The Looks Of It. Bats Fly Past Your Head - You Eventually Reach The End Of The Tunnel.

You Emerge In A Black Room. You Can Just See The Floor, But Nothing Else. A Chair On The Left And A Piece Of Pie On The Right Are Spotlighted Infront Of You.

A. Goto The Chair (4)
B. Goto The Pie (5)
C. Try To Find An Exit (6)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/turag ... /room3.png

Re:Write Your Own Room...

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:24 pm
by Drassil
I can't help but feel that this idea is stealing thunder from 'Write your own Knightmare', the interactive story section of IKM (http://ikm.ezri.mine.nu/cgi-bin/story/story.pl).

Re:Write Your Own Room...

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:57 pm
by TuragaNuju
5.

As You Reach The Pie, You Feel A Sharp Pain IN Your Leg. You Look Down And Are Startled By The Amount Of Blood Left By The Others Whom Ventured To The Pie.
You Soon Join Them......

OOOH! Nasty..... Looks Like Your Observational Skills Were Not Quite Up To Scratch There Team.

Spellcasting... S.T.A.R.T O.V.E.R

Re:Write Your Own Room...

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:35 pm
by Malefact
Drassil wrote: I can't help but feel that this idea is stealing thunder from 'Write your own Knightmare', the interactive story section of IKM (http://ikm.ezri.mine.nu/cgi-bin/story/story.pl).
Yeah, well, what can you do? ;) I'm just trying to increase the activity on the forum by starting a thread that I hope will capture people's interest. :)

Re:Write Your Own Room...

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:55 pm
by Drassil
In which case, I'll contribute instead of criticising.

2.
You find yourself in a newer-style dwarf tunnel. Some loud incidental music begins to play, mimicking a heartbeat. If this is supposed to intimidate you, it isn't working. On guard but not on edge, you proceed along the narrow passageway, hoping to find a turning soon.

Suddenly, a woman runs up to you, she looks somewhat flustered. Introducing herself as Sidriss, she explains that her cat, Gethsemane, has gone missing. "A missing cat? Sounds familiar," you quip.

"Well yes, she is my familiar. I'm a trainee sorceress," retorts Sidriss, confusion written all over her face. "Gethsemane goes missing a lot, but then, she is a Cheshire cat, so it's no surprise. I don't suppose you've seen her on... no, you wouldn't have, no one can see her." Sidriss continues to fret.

If you have a scratch on your arm, go to 7.
If not, go to 8.

4.
You approach the chair. A sound very like purring reaches your ears. It seems to be coming from the chair, but the chair is vacant. You move a little closer. Suddenly, there is a hissing, and a sharp pain in your arm. You look to the source of the pain, and see a reddening scratch. Either you're hallucinating - even though there's quite enough illusion in the Dungeon as it is - or you've just had an encounter with an invisible animal. In any case, it's gone now. Wincing a little, you check the room for an exit, and find one.
Go to 2.

6.
You find what looks to be a black cardboard rectangle, propped against the wall. Something tells you not to be so cynical. You walk into it, and through it.
Go to 2.

Re:Write Your Own Room...

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:32 pm
by TuragaNuju
7)

"Ohhh.. That Is A Nasty Scratch There..." Cooed Sidriss "You've met my cat! SPELLCASTING: R.E.V.E.A.L!"

A Cat Appears On Your Back, And This Makes You Jump

"Its Quite Alright, He Is Harmless... Here - For Your Effort Take This Pencil- Its Magic!"

If You Hold Two Items, Choose The Ones Which You Will Take

The Cat Dissapears Again

"Oh My.. Got To Go! Bye!"

You Leave The Dwarf Tunnel (Goto 9)

Re:Write Your Own Room...

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:42 pm
by Drassil
8.
Realising that you can tell her nothing about her cat, Sidriss wanders past you to search for her errant pet. You continue down the now-charmless tunnel, keen to discover what awaits you.
Go to 9.

Re:Write Your Own Room...

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:36 pm
by TuragaNuju
9.

You emerge in a room, where you are completely surrounded by water.

You can see no immediate means of exit, although there is a door across the way from you. Unfortunately the water is between you and the door
http://www.maj.com/gallery/turaganuju/K ... 1water.jpg

If You HAVE And Wish To Use An Item, You May Do So -

Pencil - Goto 10

If You Dont Have Any Items, Or Do Not Wish To Use An Item, You Have No Choice But To Wade Through The Water

Goto 11

----------------

10.
You hold out the pencil, but nothing happens.
You try drawing with the pencil, but nothing happens.

It would seem that you were fobbed off with a normal lead pencil. Although this doesnt become your greatest concern as a previous explorer of the dungeon has come to seek revenge.

"Ooh... Nasty SPELLCASTING S.T.A.R.T O.V.E.R"

Re:Write Your Own Room...

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:07 am
by TuragaNuju
11. As you step carefully into the water, it freezes under your feet - allowing you to pass over it without getting wet.

Pleased by this turnout, you enter the door on the other side

Goto 12

Re: Re:Write Your Own Room...

Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:56 pm
by Picklemyfav
12
You are in a grey room. The room has a door on its left hand side. You walk a few steps before nearly treading on a sleeping guard...... Ohhh that was close. Your advisors tell you that there is a table near to you on the right hand side. The guard is nearly blocking the path to the table but the advisors think they can guide you there.

if you wish to be guided to the right go to 13
if you wish to be guided to the left go to 15
if you step over the guard go to 14

13
the advisors guide you to the table..... well almost.... you take one step too many and trod on the poor guard waking the guard up. the guard howls in pain and yells what was that for?
if you wish to apologize go to 16 quickly
if you decide to use your magic pencil go to 17

15
the advisors took the long way round but as least you didn't wake the guard or trod on him. at last you can see the table. on the table is a scroll with a red ribbon on it. a red apple. a green apple. a horn and a dagger. you have to pick an apple to eat but which one.
red one go to 18
green one go to 19
read scroll go to 20

20
you read the scroll and find that the green apple had been laced with a deadly poison that kills the minute it is eaten. the red one is safe. go to 18

Re: Re:Write Your Own Room...

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:45 am
by Picklemyfav
18
After eating the red apple you look at the other objects on the table.
If you take the dagger you will have a weapon.
If you take the horn.... well who knows what will be useful here.
Maybe the green apple is safe to touch........ if the poison doesn't seep through the skin.

If you take the dagger go to 22
If you take the horn go to 21
If you take the green apple go to 19

14
The guard wakes up. He is very angry with you. So angry that he chops off your head before you get a chance to talk to him. You don't find out his name is Barry and he doesn't learn your name either. What you learn is that your head feels funny for the 3 seconds it takes to fall down. OOOH! Nasty..... Looks Like Your Observational Skills Were Not Quite Up To Scratch There Team.

Spellcasting... S.T.A.R.T O.V.E.R

19
As you touch the green apple you feel strange. You feel your legs go numb and a strange sickness comes over you. You know now that eating the apple is not the only way that the apple could kill you. You feel cold....... sssooo ccccooolllddd..... and numb to the touch. That is the last thing you feel.
OOOH! Nasty..... Looks Like Your Observational Skills Were Not Quite Up To Scratch There Team.

Spellcasting... S.T.A.R.T O.V.E.R

21
You pick up the horn and decide foolishly to blow it. This wakes up the guard with a jump. Go to 16 quickly.

16
i'm sorry about that sir. i didn't mean to wake you. you answer quickly as the guard glares at you.
A dogsbreath dungeoneer the guard growls at you. I'm going to have to ask you some riddles. Three of them in fact. My name is Barry and your name is
You tell the guard your name and he nods
Nice name but i can't let you go without you getting at least one right. Two right i give you a bit of help. All three right i will walk with you and help you for a while.
go to 24 for the first riddle

17
You give your magic pencil to the guard. The guard laughs. Its not a magic pencil. It is just a pencil. You've been tricked. The guard thinks you are a fool and Barry is not easy to fool. The guard decides to tell you to go to the door on the right hand side when there is only one door in the room. That door is on the left. Your advisors decide to tell you to leave the room.
go to 23.