Design your own chamber

Games to amuse and entertain.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Design your own chamber

Post by darkDescender »

No, not really. But wouldn't it be good if we could? At the very least we can suggest things and hope Mr. Child is reading and thinks: "Hmm, that's a pretty good idea".
Nothing silly, mind. The room you dream up has to be doable. Nothing like "cross the room in two seconds or less or the floor crumbles", but something incredibly devious, but also really simple.
An example to start you of is the Inverted Corridor of Blades. Same as the normal version, but this one shows a front view of the dungeoneer, with blades coming from behind. This is made harder by the fact that advisers must remember to reverse left and right when guiding. Ingenious, no?
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Design your own chamber

Post by Fidjit »

I think so... Why don't we all design chambers and post 'em either here here or the Fanfic Forum... We'd have to check with Emii first though
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Here are my variations on the Great Causeway, which I used for the final part of Knightmare:Resurrection.

The top pic shows the first half with the axe swinging across to catch out the dungeoneer whilst the second shows the second half with the fireballs shooting out, all to make that causeway even more difficult....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/ ... seway1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/ ... seway2.jpg
Last edited by Malefact on 17 Dec 2004, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

Here's one I devised a while ago for no very good reason. It would consist of a fairly standard short-floor-with-big-chasm-in-front design. In the chasm would be numerous small square stone platforms, just big enough for a dungeoneer to stand on, some stationary but most moving, in a regular but moderately complicated pattern. All platforms, fixed and moving, would turn over once every thirty seconds or so, tipping anything on them off (if one of them concealed an important item, they could be made not to turn for a while as the dungeoneer planned his route, with a goblin horn or some such noise indicating that the first spin would be in thirty seconds). The dungeoneer would have to plan a route (in a time perhaps limited by the need to get an item as described above or to escape from goblins or other undesirables who start chasing, as occasionally in, for example, Play Your Cards Right) before stepping onto a moving platform as it neared the edge of the safe floor and then time his steps/jumps onto a stationary platform, thence onto another moving one etc. until he reached the door on other side. This would be a fiendishly difficult end-of-Level-3 puzzle for old-style helmeted dungeoneers or a merely tricky one for VR players.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Design your own Chamber counts as fiction :) I don't think the forum is used much, though.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

lol hullo all. yeh i been away for a bit. but thought i'd pop back(avoiding my coursework ;D)
anhoo i posted this somewhere before but
http://img29.exs.cx/img29/8237/knightmarepuzzle2bn.jpg
the grey boards would rotate to their white position every few seconds. ooo that reminds me i have to finish that knightmare game. oops gone off topic. so yeah chambers....
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

Bit off topic here well sort off bit u remember knightmare having a competition with teguard telling dungeoneers to desgin their own chamber, did anyone ever eremmerb this? and was anything won and turned in to a chamber? it was series 2 if im not mistaken where thew competition was announced
knightmaredave
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

I remember reading years and years ago that the winning room featured a set of three coloured bells, or something. Sounds a bit odd, though, so I might just have imagined reading it.

Anyway, no, I don't believe it ever ended up in the programme, but then again, the competition didn't ever mention that the designs would actually be used.