Re: CONSOLE, PC GAME

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

'tis their business to do so  :-/

why make a new game when "generic footie game 2005" is guarnteed to sell in the short term?

OK Grimaldine, new twist in conversation. What SHOULD be in the perfect Knightmare video game of this century?

I'll start the bidding with 'On-line/LAN' play. We've all seen the MMORPG phenomenon and how people can become embroiled in un-scripted adventures. Knightmare with it's communication-based premise could suit the genre well if carefully handled. Not everyone has to be a dungeoneer (tho this would be the most popular option) but take up roles as traders, greenwardens, opposition, foul-mouthed cowslips and many others. The dungeon moves on to the next level...
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

If you get the hang of videogame emulation (and try to keep it legal), you can relive many classic games.

But anyway.

The interactive KM would have to have a corridor of blades, a block and tackle, trial by spikes, and causeways. There could also be a harder option for us, who know about these things already and will just easily sidestep left and right.

But then that could turn the game into Hugo the Troll.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

'OK Grimaldine, new twist in conversation. What SHOULD be in the perfect Knightmare video game of this century?

I'll start the bidding with 'On-line/LAN' play. We've all seen the MMORPG phenomenon and how people can become embroiled in un-scripted adventures. Knightmare with it's communication-based premise could suit the genre well if carefully handled. Not everyone has to be a dungeoneer (tho this would be the most popular option) but take up roles as traders, greenwardens, opposition, foul-mouthed cowslips and many others. The dungeon moves on to the next level...
Ooh, good question. I like your ideas. I'd hope everyone would have to keep an eye on their Lifeforce, whether they're a Dungeoneer or a Greenwarden or whatever. And it'd be represented by a face, not a candle!

I'll think on it some more.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Or a...what was it again? The official word? A pie?

*Cue two more weeks of arguments*
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Or a...what was it again? The official word? A pie?

*Cue two more weeks of arguments*
It's a quiche! TC obviously forgot that blatant fact with all the pressure of creating the new KM and TimeGate and such. *hides*
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

SMIRKENORFF!!!

bloody dragon! first he misses scott901 (or whoever) and he won't fireball over 'ere.

I don't wanna do this, but....

***Draws claws slowly***

I never thought I'd have to use these here...

who's first?
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...