Knightmare VHS to DVD

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare VHS to DVD

Post by WhiteDevil »

Im starting to look into putting my collection of KM VHS recordings onto DVDs, im just trying to figure out if its legal. I cant see why it wont be, its just like recording to VHS, anybody had any experience in this area?

WhiteDevil
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare VHS to DVD

Post by MoanaLiza »

If I was you I'd wait until an announcement has been made from GM before I even considered it. But then that's my opinion though! I am not even sure if that's legal anyway either. I can't see why not if it's strictly for your own personal use anyway. The quality might not be all that great either! They I would think will be similar quality to some VCDs but then I may be wrong though!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

It can't be illegal surely?

I mean, look at all these people copying games for each other... WhiteDevil, in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with it...

It could be the same as recording it on VHS...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

My thoughts exactly, just wanted to check though...
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

In my estimations, it will be illegal. Copying to VHS, under some letigations, is illegal - all depending on the number of viewings. It's not something taken with the greatest seriousness, as one doesn't get arrested for taping Coronation Street Omnibus on a Sunday here or there; and putting your episodes from one format to the other will not make it any *more* retractable from the law, I doubt - but still is on its own. Advice is, do whatever, but don't broadcast it; because firstly, it's not the question to be seen asking, if it involves law and you're unsure of the answer; and secondly, because every sniff of anything on this type of issue puts a spanner in the works of the official release petitionning. GM, as I keep stating, will seemingly look for any trace of activity, even as trivial as this, to make sure their market is totally watertight, and by at least keeping quiet all manner of this type of instance, we cut out the ambiguity available to be seen. What ent seen cannot harm. Take care chaps - Season 5 en route! KaM
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

u can do as at long as u don't sell them to people, or give public showings.

Its just like backing something up.  and u are allowed to make copys for your self as back ups.  Putting them onto a difference format wont make any difference. its like like backing up a floppy on to disc..

But as they are a tv product then the rules may be difference.. not sure if your allowed to tape off the tv and keep it.  but its not something that can be stoped and i don't think anyone really cares.  

Mine u if u got cought u'll probs get more of a punishment than that guy whos been breaking into your homes lol  worse that can happen is a fine.. but unless u intend to shout out to everyone what your doing then there isnt a problem.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery