Knightmare on VHS

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare on VHS

Post by MoanaLiza »

...And can we tape videos for each other, if people have double VCR decks- maybe, it is illegal- I don't know?
Some of us had a big debate about that sort of thing last night on the following thread

http://www.talkknightmare.co.uk/forum/y ... 1072984641
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

I'm sure there was a massive piracy debate months and months ago, when i first joined the forum.

There was also a big debate about VHS vs DVD, with Keiran backing VHS very strongly.

I believe the idea of focussing on a DVD release was because DVD's are a lot cheaper to manufacture in small quantities.

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

My point was that we had nothing to lose by backing VHS too, considering many still only have VHS capabilities. (Not me included)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

well either would be great, I would prefer a DVD but a VHS would do nicely providing it had Knightmare on it! People get too carried away with special features on DVDs when in fact I have only seen 2 or 3 with good special features (LOTR Trilogy, Pirates of the carribean and Red Dwarf DVDs)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Well, I think in fairness the reason many of us backed DVD and not VHS at this specific point in time was because it was Granada themseves who said it was only the advent of DVD that made a commercial release viable at all. However, Tim Child pointed out they still weren't sure of the market, so we decided to pursue the DVD case on its own to give some evidence there was a market for that- hence the DVD petition. Including VHS in that petition would, as I have said before, made that evidence of a possible market more confused.

As I've also said before, there's absolutely nothing stopping anyone taking up the VHS cause just like others of us did with DVD. I personally think you'll have a harder time convincing Granada of the viability of that, given their comments, but anyone can try and thus prove me wrong.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

If it were to have special features, what would it have?

The making perhaps? Or dungeoneers deaths?
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Well, if I had a few million pounds in my pocket, I'd probably include things like this:
  • 'Making Of' documentary, including interviews with cast/crew and so on
  • Dolby Digital 5.1 mix of original soundtrack
  • Original CITV/Sci-Fi/Challenge links & trailers
  • Behind the scenes footage
  • Both pilots
  • Photo gallery
  • VT Clocks (Maybe as an easter egg)
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Coolies!  ;D

I can't think of a lot more...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

General commentary from cast members on individual episodes would be good, or indeed ex dungeoneers.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare on VHS

Post by Emii »

A 'Where are they now?' bit? I dunno - the possibilities are endless but i think all the good ones have been pulled up by you lot already :)
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Fan
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fan »

I don't see why they won't release a Knightmare DVD. It would probably be very popular if they did make one.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Barry's commentary would be a wonder to behold! He'd actually be limited in the amount he could say!! hehe - When was the last reminder letter sent to Granada, and whats the latest from BVA on the DVD?
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
SteveH
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by SteveH »

I agree that VHS is easier with having a video player and not having to buy a DVD player, but thats the same issue with anything? You go and buy a new film either in VHS and risk it wearing with age or getting demaganitised, or you buy a DVD and you get a perfect image for ever and extras etc, plus DVD players are getting cheeper, if not as cheap as a vcr! (the cheapest VCR i saw in argos was 60 quid, and a decent DVD player can cost around 60 70 quid). Plus with DVD writers for PC's DVD's are proberley cheaper to make