Knightmare DVD Petition

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare DVD Petition

Post by Pickle123 »

oh really :o  could i have a link to their forums please...it's just kind of weird thinking of how somthing created here is getting fame elsewhere. did anyone tell them about it? because i know i spread the word to a couple of forums...not NOTBBC but a few others.

edit - dont worry about it, i have the addy after googling my way through.

most gratifying to read, mush more supportive than some on other forums *grumblegrumble*
Last edited by Pickle123 on 19 Jun 2003, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

the way i see it, is that VHS is gradually fading out, and the new market is now DVDs.  also, VHS tapes are only designed for 20 playbacks, and therefore not exactly timeless.
There was one perticular film when I was much younger which was taped. I watched it day after day, sometimes about three or four times a day, until I could no longer watch it as the tape stretched so much.

I can't understand how VHS is being fased out when they are still making VHS players and they are also making those DVD VHS recorders.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

There was one perticular film when I was much younger which was taped. I watched it day after day, sometimes about three or four times a day, until I could no longer watch it as the tape stretched so much.

I can't understand how VHS is being fased out when they are still making VHS players and they are also making those DVD VHS recorders.
Yeah, I did that with Blackadder hehe

VHS is being phased out, they're still making the players/recorders becuase most people cant afford a DVD recorder yet and apparently there's problems with the formats they record as or summin, I'm afraid I don't know the technicalities (I know thats spelt wrong, but I cant figure out how).

Will we be seeing a Pickle vs Kieran grudge match any time soon then?

hehe ;D

Love to you all
Last edited by RoxxAatherton on 19 Jun 2003, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Foxxy Roxxy
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Yeah, I did that with Blackadder hehe

VHS is being phased out, they're still making the players/recorders becuase most people cant afford a DVD recorder yet and apparently there's problems with the formats they record as or summin, I'm afraid I don't know the technicalities (I know thats spelt wrong, but I cant figure out how).

Will we be seeing a Pickle vs Kieran grudge match any time soon then?

hehe ;D

Love to you all

No, certainly not.  I don't see why this has errupted again, was not supposed to be a VHS V DVD battle, saw no harm in helping VHS people, which evidently is not the idea for others.

As for 'grudge matches', I have no inention of getting in to one, seeing as I state my opinions on things quite clearly, and why does Pickle bring up the Janus situation, which was finished with, and sadly seems Janus is too finished with.  Something which I am right to feel rather annoyed about.

And as for as community togetherness, this place is not what it used to be at all.  Attacks for merely having an opinion didn't used to occur here at all, now they do.

Pickle:
'it made it sound like the rest of us weren't when infact our only fault may have  been that we were being "over friendly"'

Well for a start, it wasn't welcoming, I felt alienated by such remarks, and I knew she may feel the same.  Janus ha sher own brain, she decided to leave due to those comments, there is little point in saying I persuaded her.

Pickle:
'always seems to be critisising members of the community.'

No, in fact the only time I have taken any singular person to have been causing trouble is that one Janus incident, I don't necessarily see where 'criticising' comes in here, either, if anything my attempt to help the VHS bound people has bene criticised, and I myself have said many times I agree w/ the DVD arguments, but not necessarily that VHS is 'dead'.

You never know, if the DVD petition is successful, it may produce a good backlash for the VHS.

Time will tell.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I think most releases are on both VHS and DVD anyway. I tried to look at the past releases of Granada Enterprises to see their track record on this but they don't have that info on their website. Does anyone know how common are DVD only releases?

The new petition is unique compared to old Knightmare petitions as it is targeted to one company and specifically on a DVD release as we already know they are interested. I think someone from Granada said they would need to sell at least 2000 copies for it to be worthwhile.

Perhaps the reason why they haven't considered VHS is because they don't think there is enough demand to make it profitable. If there is enough demand, then they would be silly not to do a VHS release. Perhaps they might release a DVD first (which is less risky) to see what the demand is like.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

*sigh*

ive just lost one huge long post due to it being "too long"

bah, basicly...

roxxy - i want no grudge match. me and kieren have a slight disagreement here i hope to settle calmly

kieren -

a) we respect your opinion, however, that doesnt mean it sahouldnt be questioned. that really a problem for you if you're willing to put it up on a public forum.
b) "i think VHS deservses a chance"...your opinion which i believe you got annoyed at when people ignored as the "core" of your post. firstly your asking us to argue with an opinion which in practice isnt generally worth while. secondly we dont actually disagree. we do however overlook it as we have it as a lower priority.
c) janus stuck in my head as the most recent. while you have a right to be annoyed i'll say that firstly...It wasnt just emii >:(. janus came on strong, we all came strong back in what we considered a friendly way.
d) i dont mean that you intended for janus to see us like that, i know she can form her own opinions but since you saw the danger surely posting "woah, calm down, they're just glad to see you janus dear" would be more productive than "Cant we give her a NICE welcome"
i seriously cant believe you would think we were being anything but friendly.
e)while you appreciate DVD arguements but dont think VHS is dead, we dont think VHS is dead but appreciate the DVD arguements more (maybe more strongly)
f) i agree, maybe DVD will give good backlash for VHS. like i said above
possibly granada will decide of their own accord to release Knightmare on both formats -_^
illusion - I dont know for sure but i know DVDonly is increasing (esp amoung older films...not sure about series) ( i work in vid shop part time)
i think it's directness is our petitions strength. we want this. we want you to give it to us. will you? says it all realy ;D

Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

Just in case nobody's noticed, this petition is currently top of the popular petitions list, by some considerable way.

Let's just hope the petition continues to grow at this rate. :)

Edit:  it's actually not far behind being in the top 25 of 'biggest petitions', either. ;-)
Last edited by Dan on 19 Jun 2003, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

yep yep yep ;D can't fault progress so far ;)

Aldude
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Aldude »

You have done a job and a half.  we all have contributed our bit.  lets hope it gets some where.
Sidestep to the left....
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

see and thats why it's working, a big group effort was put in to make the petition stand out. it's been forcibly distributed so far and has become the most popular petition because of it. as long as we keep up the pressure and bistribute to loads of friends/forums this state of affairs should happily continue.

RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

*Yells 'Hurrah! and then slowly backs into a corner with a book she can hide behind when things get 'interesting' again.*

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Wow 369 sigs now! :)
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

375 now, WOOHOO :)

I've just signed as well, If it is going to help bring Knightmare out on DVD then I am all for it.

Also its the most popular petition on there at the moment so its looking good, Come on peeps lets make it to 400 at least and show Granada we really mean it :)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes. Hopefully it will continue to increase fairly steadily. Sign it, sign it.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

well, it has only been going since monday and it is going to run for at least 60 days in total. for under a week that is a V.impressive result. thank you all.

also we must thank illusion for spreading the word around the mailing list.