Knightmare DVD Petition

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: KM Dvd petition

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Well, "rawr" to ITV Sales or whatever they're calling themselves today.

Is that true about 80 Days Around The World With Willy Fogg, oh most filthy mouthed Elita? I might actually buy that, if it is. I used to love watching that, poor sad fool that I am. I wouldn't touch Dogtanian and its awesomely annoying theme music with an aluminium coated bargepole, however. *shudder*  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
mark.lees
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by mark.lees »

I actually sent an email to Illusion to ask if there was any knews on the petition a while ago and he said that because of the mergers in ITV, it may be difficult to do so.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Ain't 'alf...

This is eight series we've got to cover here and that's a long time...  ;)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Yes, I guess a bit would depend on how the merger affects things. I would guess it would put a lot of these "possible" projects one or the other branch had been planning out of the window, at least until the organisation is properly consolidated and such. Sadly something this we're asking is probably pretty low priority.

Still, would have been nice to know they even received the petition, but bleh.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
dracon1980

Post by dracon1980 »

I used to love that Dogtanian show, all for one and one for all muskethounds are always ready...  :-[ . I do agree with Philly Fogg though, such a ladies man for a tiger?!

Ahh mispent youth

b.t.w If anyone is interested Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Ulysses 31 and M.A.S.K are currently doing the rounds on Fox Kids late night  ;D Love it!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I just stick with Knightmare... It's all I really watch... ;)
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I remember Mr Fogg very well, oddly I forgot it's name for about 10 years before it came back to me.  Very pleasant cartoon.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: DVD Release

Post by Pickle123 »

Hello all and apolergies for my extended leave of absense. During this time i've been trying to study maths at newcastle uni so i hope you can see why i've been out the game for a while.

the goods:
I sent both the petition and covering letter with numerous contact addresses (including the site) to granada and recieved..nothing.
After consultation with illusion a polite letter was sent asking if they recieved the petition. Again...nothing.

I wondered if it was worth asking BVA if he's heard anything about it and if not re-send the petition. I was thinking it may help if we had an actual person to send it to at granada...someone in their releases department for preference.
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I wondered if it was worth asking BVA if he's heard anything about it and if not re-send the petition. I was thinking it may help if we had an actual person to send it to at granada...someone in their releases department for preference.
Well, not sure what the situation is since the merger and all, but BVA did seem previously to have some contact with some of the relevant people. If he doesn't mind, I guess it can't really hurt to ask him. :D
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Sorry if there's a hint of Forrest Gump to this but ain't BVAs little claim to fame true?

There's 2 ways it could push this whole thing:-

1) it verifies the reality of any petitions and letters etc by having 'official' endorsement. or least input from those on high. IE good

2) Knowing how petty some big corps can be. Could it be mis-interpreted as 'programme maker squeeze old success dry' syndrome. IE BAD.

Please no-one think that dissing TC! :o I'm looking forward to seeing what else KM VR will bring (and the RPG, and the site returning, and t........).

Come on Granada! Extract the digit and at least let us now yer there!  :-/
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

DVD/VHS

Post by Thequietone »

DVD or VHS, it doesent really matter! I just want knightmare vids! :(

I think i might be a bit late for this discussion... :-[

Yup, i was :) as usual!
Last edited by Thequietone on 16 Nov 2005, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.
Latecomer to every interesting thread and hardly ever here, not really a forum person and not a good writer either, often misphrases or says totally the wrong thing..... forgive me people, I'm u
dr_loaded
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Knightmare DVD Petition

Post by dr_loaded »

a knightmare dvd would be fab, extras? how about a making of documentary.

i did a btech in media production and its boggling me to how the show was made. but i bet all u guys already know :p
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare DVD Petition

Post by Fidjit »

I did a BTEC First Diploma in Media, my project is in my signature below...
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare DVD Petition

Post by Thequietone »

Steve wrote:
I would say an online order form could work well
What if you don't have a card? I certainly don't and I have great difficulty getting stuff from the internet. (parents don't trust it and I'm not moving out anytime soon)

There must be a better way to distribute a Knightmare DVD, saying it must be an online release is doing the same as saying a DVD only release - people who can't get stuff online lose out
Last edited by Thequietone on 16 Nov 2005, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
Latecomer to every interesting thread and hardly ever here, not really a forum person and not a good writer either, often misphrases or says totally the wrong thing..... forgive me people, I'm u
kev_hamster
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

DVD release petition?

Post by kev_hamster »

Following on from the subject of piracy - is there an active petition for an official DVD release?

If so, can somebody direct me to it?