Knightmare DVD Petition

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: DVD Release

Post by JamesA »

But wasn't it Anglia Television who gave us Knightmare? And isn't this topic better suited in the BBK section of the forum....
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Granada now own Anglia TV.

BBK section... hmm yes probably.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

It's strange. Usually if you sent something like this to such a company, you'd at least get a letter of acknowledgement. Most companies at least respond, even if they're not overly helpful or supportive of what you're asking about.

Anyway, so long as it was indeed sent and received, here's hoping. :D
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Yes I hope we at least get some feedback after all the effort!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

With the amount of signatures, I don't see the petition making any major impact with them, sadly.

We need a few more thousand methinks.  Still, they may see it has popularity on Challenge? too, and give it some thought.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Well I just hope they give the idear serious thought befor dissmising it.

At the moment untill we hear anything I think all we can do is wait and hope.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

We certainly shall hope.  I think if we be realistic and hope fir them within, say, 5 years, no sooner, then at least we'll be in good gear for a wait  :)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

*Nods* I really think it's the biggest shame that DVD format was not in circulation around the time of the 90s - for I'm of the opinion that Granada aren't believing of the significance of KM's backing. What it really needs is the 5 million watchers it left with to appear on desks next week, which, obviously can't happen, given that KM sadly struggles to make any impression on Takeshi's Castle and/or the Challenge TV viewing figures. While it's wonderful that the figures have appeared strong enough evidence for Challenge to have pursued extra series, the figures don't scratch the surface of CiTV's huge following back then. The petition that was sent barely scratches the surface of the whole Challenge audience - so, in relative terms, our petition is like putting a tree in front of Granada's gushing river, when a dam of huge audiences and petitioners is needed. I believe that for all the superficial talk and interest (which obviously isn't superficial from most of us, but we as a forum only total 420-425 at time of writing), Granada might deem that KM is becoming obsolete for the modern day child/adolescent, and that craving fans well above the age the show was intended for do not provide ammunition enough to fund a release.

An argument I peel up is why shows with proven smaller popularity have found their way to DVD releases. The issue there, however, is that smaller media companies are releasing these, not all (if any) dealing with GMedia I doubt, and acquisition of the rights to purchase and distribute will both cost less and be less complicated than those for KM. Obviously, all the actors involved would earn royalties, and would likely need to be consulted - and then settlements agreed - something tells me that if the new KM really, and this is REALLY, lifts off - the £$£Millions£$£ are the numbers that count, and those would be the clinical figures that could persuade GM of the interest still being there. As I've said a few times before, the audience could be phenomenal, for all the old KM fans were great in number, and now there's the generation below us, just waiting for a KM-type phenomenon to grip their lives: I just think that's the solid proof that is needed to see DVDs come out. I will keep my fingers very tightly crossed indeed!
Last edited by KaM on 09 Jan 2004, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

As for the reminder letter, has this got a reply yet?

Incidentally, with the DVD petition, I would like to see a response immediately (rather than waiting until the next site update), even if it is just an unsatisfying letter saying no. So, please Illusion, if there is a rely (even saying no), could you let us all know straight away?
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

As he has said elsewhere on the forum, all important knews will be announced immediately reguardless of the monthly updates
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Absolutely.
Lord_Kram
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

KM Dvd petition

Post by Lord_Kram »

Does anyone know if anything has been heard in the recent dvd petition that was sent off to granada tv for a possible release?
It has been a while now since it was sent, I wonder if they have actually done any thinking at all?
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: KM Dvd petition

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Not that I know of. Illusion said Pickle ^_^ was going to send a reminder note to Granada. It seems strange. After Tim Child had said that Granada were at least lukewarm about the possibility of a DVD release, that they should then just completely ignore such a constructive effort on behalf of the fans. Doing it is one thing. A polite note saying thankyou for the interest and input is something completely different, and would cost nothing. I wonder if it's something TC might know anything about, and therefore perhaps worth posing a question to him about it?

I honestly just hope the petition was sent. I know that makes me sound a cynical old Grimwold, but I guess I am one, hehe.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I've checked with Pickle ^_^. They did not reply to his follow up letter.
Lord_Kram
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Lord_Kram »

Thats a real blow that is!  :( It looks like we will never see a DVD release now!  >:(