A reply from Sci-Fi reguarding Knightmare

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

A reply from Sci-Fi reguarding Knightmare

Post by Porsmond »

Hi all, at the weekend, I e-mailed the SciFi Channel to see if I could get any news of Knightmare possibly being shown on the channel again, and I got my reply today, it simply reads

Dear Paul,

Unfortunately we no longer have the rights to the series "Knightmare", but I
have logged your request and have passed it on to our acquisitions
department for future consideration.

Kind Regards

Duty Officer
Sci-Fi

oh well, I knew it was a long shot, but it was worth a try, however here is where everyone can help out more, Why doesnt more people on here e-mail Sci-Fi and ask for Knightmare's Return, Just write out a nice e-mail and ask them if the programme will return sometime in the future on the channel(this is basiclly what I said) and hopefully with more and more people e-mailing them, they might get the hint ;)
I'm sure it is worth a try and there is nothing to lose, afterall, I was told my request would be passed onto another department for future consideration so if they gets lots of requests, maybe they might seriously think about putting it back on soon in the future.

If you want to e-mail them, you can do so at this address below

mail@uk.scifi.com

I got a reply within a day, so they reply pretty quick, also write back with any replies you get to see if they write anything different?? ??

Lets hope we can get some success?? ??
Last edited by Porsmond on 24 Feb 2003, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
Fan
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: A reply from Sci-Fi reguarding Knightmare

Post by Fan »

Good try.  When Sci-Fi showed Knightmare before, it was great.  It would be great if they would buy the rights back again because that channel isn't hard to find nowadays.  They show other good programmes.  Why not show Knightmare?
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

http://www.knightmare.v-2-1.net/tes/responses.htm may be of interest for replies from various channels including Sci-Fi from the past.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I think that Ftn is the best chance we have - they own Challenge so poaching Km will not be a problem. Also, they're a Freeview channel, so loads more people will be able to see it (LIKE ME!!).

Here's the link to their forum:

http://www.ftn.tv/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisp ... DaysPrune=

The Knightmare thread now has 33 replies. Keep 'em coming, people!!  :)
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Well done for trying, Porsmond. It's certainly worth a try, although I think our best chances lie with Challenge? and FTN, and I'd still urge people to get in touch with them first. Having said that, thanks also for all your contributions so far on C?'s forums. :)

"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Maybe someone should email them all 1500 signatures from the BBK campaign again and again!  :D
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Well, pointing out to them the fact that so many people have voiced their support is definitely a good idea. As we've said before, email spamming them the same things over and over might not do our cause much good. ;)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]