Legal Knightmare DVDs

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Legal Knightmare DVDs

Post by Fidjit »

Right, here we go. I've made a couple of advertising banners. Ones big and the other is small:

http://www.geocities.com/glenn_toogood/ ... _slate.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/glenn_toogood/ ... te_sml.jpg

Hope it helps :)
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

Fidjit wrote:Right, here we go. I've made a couple of advertising banners. Ones big and the other is small:

http://www.geocities.com/glenn_toogood/ ... _slate.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/glenn_toogood/ ... te_sml.jpg

Hope it helps :)

There both excellent. :)

Nice one Glenn.
CrazedDropkick
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by CrazedDropkick »

Put a link on my blog. My blog is of course, read by everyone...

I'm up for it btw. If you could do something where its cheaper to buy the whole series and cheaper still to buy the whole lot, then that would be good. And to allow access to downloads, try e-junkie. They have download links for 5 days. No idea if it costs, but Paul & Storm use it, and its worked pretty well for me.

EDIT: It costs $5 a month. Maybe you shouldn't do that then :D
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Err mate. We're trying to do things legally here not the other way round. Its illegal for anybody to distribute episodes/series of Knightmare for a fee. Hope for your sakes Tim Child doesn't read this bud, he is a registered user here after all. ???

The whole point of this topic is so we can get enough people to offer their enthusiasm into a release of Knightmare on DVD. Then and only until then can it not be downloaded illegally
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

PKB wrote:Yes, there are new viewers who love it. These new members come online and look for Knightmare and find this site. And it is those views who are posting here. But how many of the original viewing audience Google Knightmare? Some of us are here
Assuming that you're stating that the majority of forum activity comes from Challenge alumni, with a scattering of CITV alumni (apologies if I've misinterpreted): I don't mean to cause offence, but I have to say that to the best of my knowledge, that simply is not correct. Although 'second generation' Watchers do occasionally make their mark (here is one that comes to mind), practically every post that this forum has ever had is from a Knightmare fan forged during the original showings.
PKB wrote:And the memories I have of being there, visiting the studios, meeting the cast, meeting Tim Child and his sister, Susan, meeting some of the teams...
I always thought that she was Tim Child's wife, so thanks for clearing that up! Your account of your experiences is still top of the Site Highlights list on Knightmare.com's front page. :) Are you still making Knightmare games?
chrissyb1981 wrote:a good idea though maybe to have a little booklet in each series with behind the scenes photos or maybe some bio's of the characters ... embossed front to the dvd case of the helmet (a little like the simpsons special edition series?) or you could have the life source face and each series has a section coming off as it did in the best series ever.

opinions?
Knightmare DVD packaging has long been a fun hypothetical discussion topic. In my opinion, rather than lavish packaging with booklets, I'd prefer just to have the cover refer the buyer to Knightmare.com. It would save costs, make use of the information already available, and would feed activity back into the fan community. Or, as a compromise, a printable booklet could be made available on the website. This is all jumping the crossbow of course. ;)
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

Fidjit wrote:Err mate. We're trying to do things legally here not the other way round. Its illegal for anybody to distribute episodes/series of Knightmare for a fee. Hope for your sakes Tim Child doesn't read this bud, he is a registered user here after all. ???

The whole point of this topic is so we can get enough people to offer their enthusiasm into a release of Knightmare on DVD. Then and only until then can it not be downloaded illegally

from page one of this thread
Mystara wrote:Internet distribution would be likely at first, since there's far fewer costs involved.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Copypasta'd from journalist Richard Cobbett's KM blogpost comment:
Drop me a line if it happens. I’d certainly be willing to bug the guys I know on other mags and websites to give it coverage. I’m sure plenty will be interested in the retro-kick if they actually become available.
So chaps - if you do this, you will get respectable exposure for doing so. Something to bear in mind.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Exposure in any form of media is a plus.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Correctski - hence why it's all well and good guaging numbers now, but I think the serious kicking offs will ensue once the first steps are taken and season 1/2 is available - THAT'S when chaps like Cobbett can work their magic. And once the first articles start appearing, things go from there.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

The problem is that we'd need to generate around £10,000 to make series 1/2 available.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Dark Comet wrote:Copypasta'd from journalist Richard Cobbett's KM blogpost comment:
Drop me a line if it happens. I’d certainly be willing to bug the guys I know on other mags and websites to give it coverage. I’m sure plenty will be interested in the retro-kick if they actually become available.
Mr. Cobbett's position seems contradictory, though. Reading his blog post, the first remark on this that one comes to is his reference, about half a dozen paragraphs in, to 'the DVD re-release that’s been talked about for years and probably won’t ever happen'. Perhaps he didn't realise there was a new campaign until after he'd made the post, but having his support for the campaign in the present would be as valuable as having it in the future. Professional connections aside, he is obviously, like the rest of us, rather fond of Knightmare.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I think Drassil has an interesting point.

The biggest obstacle in the plot to get the episodes on DVD is that there isn't enough momentum to get it going. Once it gets momentum, it's fairly straightforward to keep things going since word of mouth and increased products kick in and raise awareness for us.
But if we can't raise enough interest now, it just won't get off the ground. We'll end up with half of series 1 being available for download, with the rest never able to follow and DVDs unable to be produced.

Personally, I think the levels of interest shown are too small for this to work. I'll keep making enquiries and will put up a full "call for interest" when the new site goes live. I might even be willing to throw some money at the idea. But at present, there's just not enough Oomph. People don't seem interested enough and we're not pulling enough people in. If the current levels of interest are anything to go by, the attempt to buy the episodes will stall, with most episodes remaining tantalisingly out of reach.
hindleyite
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by hindleyite »

Hey hey guys. I think it's a travesty that Knightmare hasn't been on our screens for a few years now and would support any commercial DVD release. There isn't really anything quite like it around today, it truly is one of a kind as far as kids TV goes. Who knows? Maybe a DVD release could spark interest for a Knightmare 2010... wishful thinking? Whatever, I'd most likely buy it just for any DVD extras.

Anyhow, I'll look into getting a post up on my blog at some point. Additionally, I've left a comment over at a recent post at Child of the 80s regarding the DVD release, and will continue to drop comments on blogs should I encounter them on my travels.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

What about fan videos as extras? Wouldn't that be a good idea?
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Depends how good the fan videos are!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.