Legal Knightmare DVDs

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Legal Knightmare DVDs

Post by JamesA »

Emii wrote:The group has 37 members already, since posting in this thread. That's fairly awesome :)
And a whole load more since then.

Good to see that this is gaining some significant momentum.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Definately. I guess that if everyone who joins the group invites everyone they know (I've left it open so you should all be able to 'invite people to join') then that will speed the thing on a little further.
Amorya
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Amorya »

(Seems my login is not working)

I only check this site every so often these days, which is why I didn't post sooner. I would definitely buy Knightmare DVDs :)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Just a quick update....
I'm still waiting on hearing back from the rights holders. This isn't a surprise, since my previous communications have taken up to a month. However, I had hoped that by communicating with a different department, things would be quicker.

Sooner or later I'll call them.

It's good to see that support is slowly building up. Keep it up!
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

111 members as of now. Respectable.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
PKB
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by PKB »

I'm sorry to say, if the desired number is 6000 odd (see earlier posts in this topic), we are a long way off and could be years before we see that number :(.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Which is why you all need to invite others. We won't get much further unless people do their bit, I expect.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

"Echo!"

heh
PKB
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by PKB »

Emii wrote:Which is why you all need to invite others. We won't get much further unless people do their bit, I expect.
But is that going to give an accurate figure of sales? I get my friends to sign online petitions for stuff I have an interest in, and vice-versa, but in my case, I want Knightmare on DVD, most of my friends who I'll ask to join will do so out of me asking them to, not because they want Knightmare on DVD. I've already directed this Facebook cause around so I'm doing my part, but I say it's a lot easier to get 6000 signatures from uninterested folks then to get 6000 signatures from those who want to buy the Knightmare DVD's.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

There's a difference between inviting 'people who might be interested' and inviting your whole friends list. You can also put a note in the invitation that this is to try and get an accurate figure of sales. Whatever works. I was assuming that if people were invited, the word would be out there but those invited could always say no. :)
PKB
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by PKB »

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put a downer on this, I want Knightmare on DVD, I really do, but you hit the nail on the head when you said "invite friends who might be interested". For me at least, that's the problem. In it's day, my friends and I loved Knightmare, we even played Knightmare games outside!! But today, yes, they remember it, but they have no interest in it enough to buy it on DVD. They are adding their voices to the votes, but of all the people I've asked, sadly, I can only guarantee you one sale... Mine.

As I said, I'm not trying to be the grim reaper here, but 6000 interested buyers... I'm sorry, I don't think we'll get that. We might get 6000 signatures (eventually) but not all will be buyers, some will, like my friends, have signed up because they were asked.

I really do hope these DVD's go ahead because if they don't I'll probably give in and buy a set off Ebay. But I've held out this long, I'm willing to continue to hold out in hope of official releases.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I suppose the hope is that by adding your friends, THEIR friends (who might buy the DVD) will see it and join. Whereas if you don't add your uninterested friends, their friends have no hope of finding out about it.

That said, even the number of "potentially uninterested people" is a fair bit smaller than I would have liked :(
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

What about advertisement? Could we get more if we did that? Or to everyone on Facebook who would wanna try putting these banners I've made upon they're profile pages. We need something to stand out people. Nobodys gonna be interested in something thats been bashed out in a small text box. We need something thats gonna catch they're eye, make 'em think, "Oh yeah! I remember that..." and visit the zone... Otherwise bickering about it isn't getting us anywhere. This is the first glimmer of hope to get Knightmare on DVD, its what we wanted so lets get out there and fight for it ;)
PGoomba
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by PGoomba »

Mystara, I'm one of the "interested but silent" fans you mentioned earlier. I'm now more than happy to break that silence in hopes of seeing Knightmare on DVD.
I'd definetely be interested. If the episodes were cheap enough at first I wouldn't mind downloading, though I'd MUCH rather shell out significantly more money on a proper DVD set. I'd be happy to pay around £15 per series. At some point, if I can get hold of some KM footage, I'll try and throw together an awareness video and throw it on youtube. Hopefuly, at least some of my (admittedly small) number of viewers might see it and add their two bobs worth.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Sounds good.

I realise that the demand for DVDs is higher than for downloads. Our hopes are to allow people to "upgrade" from digital download to DVD - for the approximate difference in price between the two formats (remember: the DVDs will be more expensive).

Again, this all relies on a response from the rights owners.