[MOVED] Blackpool Meetup Details: 19-21 August 2016

A place to discuss public real-life meetups.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

[MOVED] Blackpool Meetup Details: 19-21 August 2016

Post by Mystara »

This event has changed date. Discuss the event here

With nobody having objected to this date, we're officially putting it forward as our intended date for the Blackpool meetup this year.

Dates and Times
--------------------

In order to make full use of the available time, our plan would be to arrive no later than midday on Friday 19 August and then to leave around midday on Sunday 21 August. Of course, if you want to arrive earlier or leave later, then you're welcome to do so. You're also welcome to arrive later or leave early, but be aware that we will be intending to do stuff during those dates/times, so you'll be missing out.

Accommodation
--------------------

We'll aim to get a block booking in one of the many B&Bs around Blackpool, based on the number of people that indicate they'd like to take part. This will almost certainly necessitate paying in advance. In order to ensure we get a good B&B and to try and ensure we can all stay together, this may have to be a couple of months in advance, but we'll do what we can.

Previous experience suggests the price will be about £30 pppn, including breakfast.

Transport
------------

Blackpool tends to be fairly easy to get to from most of the UK. I suspect that there will also be at least one carpool from London.

Interested?
-------------

If you're interested in coming, put your name below.
You might also want to join the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/615896191892369/
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Blackpool Meetup Details: 19-21 August 2016

Post by Mystara »

Well, we have three attendees so far. Any others?
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Can you check the link to the Facebook event page? It's bringing up a 'not found' message for me.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Works fine here.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

:( Work have changed some shifts around to accommodate training so at present unless someone swaps one of my free weekends prior (6/7 and 13/14 Aug) then I will be unable to attend. Will update if anything changes in our favour.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Arse. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Surely someone will trade one weekend for another.
Myatt
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Myatt »

Dear Sir Alan,

Unfortunetely I cannot do the proposed weekend either. I can do the two before it or early September.

Sorry.

Myatt
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

<sigh>

Okay. A lot of people are now saying that either 12-14 August or 26-28 August would be better.
It would have been preferable if people could have mentioned this to me when I specifically suggested the current date. Or alternatively when I asked a second time whether people had any objections.

But never mind.
Is 12-14 August better for people?
Is 26-28 August better for people?
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I still can't get onto the Facebook event page, but I'm saying here that I'm interested. If it's a weekend I almost certainly can do it, at any of the dates proposed above, or even at the beginning of September.

I didn't go to Whitby so I could afford to do this one instead.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

12-14th August is doable.

26-26th August is sadly not.

Regards.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [MOVED] Blackpool Meetup Details: 19-21 August 2016

Post by Mystara »

Okay, after receiving numerous replies regarding new possible dates, the event has moved to 12-14.
Please indicate on either the Facebook page or the new thread if you can make it.

Gentle bollocking follows...

We go to considerable lengths to try and pick dates that the maximum number of people can make. Hence why we consulted with everyone over a period of weeks, proposed a date, waited for a while for any objections, reminded people to object if they had any objections, and since nobody objected to the proposed date or even asked us to wait while they confirmed their availability, we went with the proposed date.

It is therefore disappointing that within a day of doing this, people contacted us to say that the proposed date will not work for them. This information could have been given to us sooner.

Although we are happy that the new date works for more people (everyone that could make the old date can still make the new date), some people have lost holiday as a result of this date change.

Please don't let this happen again. If you want your availability considered, let us know when we ask.

If you take issue with this, feel free to contact me.