New thingy I have...

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: My unfinished Fanfic

Post by HStorm »

No, only got to the end of level two. Defeated Ahopae, but we still don't know exactly what's ailing Lord Fear, or how Paul is supposed to defeat him!

One idea I'll reiterate right here, Emii... don't forget to make Paul tell Treguard, nice and loud, to "Kiss my a**!"

That can be a useful short term target to aim at in fact. Decide on a moment in the story when you can make him say it, and then focus just on reaching that point. It'll be easier than aiming for the finish line, and it'll get you moving. By the time you reach that point, you should have the impetus to get you all the way to the end.
Last edited by HStorm on 14 Jan 2004, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Help! Throw things at me! Shout inspirational words! Feedback!
*'Eye Of The Tiger' starts playing in the background*

Come on! You can do it! Don't let good talent go to waste! You have an ability to produce fine fanfiction that is readable and enjoyable, by mixing original and established Knightmare elements. So, please, keep going.  :)

One thought: If the fanfic was inspired by the last RPG, maybe the next RPG (which, like your stories, will have new elements and established elements working together) will give you the input, inspiration and impetus you need to round off 'Are You There?', unless you are desperate to finish it before then.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yeah, and on the issue of inspirational music, stare at the lyrics I put on the back-up forum!

You can do it! Your fanfics as good as any I've seen for KM, so if anyone can complete this last stretch, it's you. Go for it!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

*motivation* *motivation* *motivation*

Sound familiar?  ;)  (Actually, it sounds a bit New Labour-ish, but you know what I mean.) YOU CAN DO IT!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

True, since it is a little RPG-based, so I may well wait for the April RPG first...I'll see. Must get exams out of the way first, really. only 2, but meh  >:(
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I was once told that A-levels are the hardest things you'll ever have to do; and in my experience, first year university exams (for an Arts course, anyway) are no harder or harsher than A-level papers. They don't want people to fail or be overwhelmed at this early stage - that's why the pass mark is usually 40%! Good luck. (That goes for all Freshers with exams or assessments at the moment!)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yeah best of luck with them, Emii, although of course you won't need it.   :)
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Yeah best of luck with your exams and you can do it!! Write that fan fic!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Just re-reading A Day In Goth. It's very, very good. I'll send a proper review of it over ff.net when I'm done, but like I say, it's very good. You must find this writing lark a cinch.
SO YOU'LL HAVE NO PROBLEM FINISHING ARE YOU THERE? WILL YOU?

Come on you can do it!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Meeeeh

*rocks in a corner*
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

* Pulls Emii out of the corner and makes her run on the spot, chanting "I am a winner, I am a winner, I am a winner..." *
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I've now submitted the review of A Day In Goth, you should be able to read it at some point over the next few hours.
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

I always find what works best is appointing someone as your Official Encourager. Said position entails possesing oneself with a large pointed stick and repeatedly jabbing the fic-writer with it when they show signs of slacking off.

Of course, if the Official encourager gets bored or distracted, it's inevitable that the writer will too. (especially if they're me)
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Lol!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Have you done any yet?

Come on! You can do it! (Although do your revision first of course. ;-) )