Unconventional Courtship Fest

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
johnamendall
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Unconventional Courtship Fest

Post by johnamendall »

A couple of years ago, I wrote a Treguard / Majida fic for the Unconventional Courtship romance-novel fest. The fest is now running again: Simply take a Mills and Boon summary, substitute two (or more, depending) Knightmare characters, and write a thousand or more words based on the summary!

There's also a random prompt generator, which I've preloaded with some Knightmare characters for your amusement and horror. It produces things like this:
352) SEIZE THE NIGHT - Tiffany Reisz
Five years ago, a night of forbidden passion between Greystagg and Lord Fear, the heirs of two powerful and competitive horse-racing families, led to a feud that is threatening to ruin both farms.
Now Greystagg must find Fear again — but when she does, her need for Fear is just as strong and just as forbidden...
And if none of that appeals, you can always use the handy templates the mod provides to make a banner. Or two. Or three.
Gretel
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Unconventional Courtship Fest

Post by Gretel »

Oh my god... I love the prompt I got:

45)WIFE FOR A WEEK by KELLY HUNTER
Mills & Boon Modern Romance - Series Extra
Wanted: wife for one week
Stiletta needs to produce a wife for her Hong Kong business deal to go without a hitch, and Lilith is beautiful and intelligent enough to pull it off. She needs the money, and Stiletta swears she'll be the perfect lady.
Rule No.1: displays of affection in public only
Keeping their hands off each other in public turns out to be surprisingly easy. It’s keeping them off in private that becomes the problem.
And that’s not the only very inconvenient complication…
"you should be able to hear from my voice that I'm terribly pretty, now DO you think I'm pretty?"