Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 7

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 7

Post by GranitasIsCute »

The seventh episode of the new series is now available to download and listen to at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com :)

It will also soon be available on our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/KnightmareAudio

The Knightmare Audio Series features the thrilling gameplay from the show lovingly re-created in audio form. If you haven't heard it yet, give it a try and let us know what you think! :)
FoxyLF
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 7

Post by FoxyLF »

Going to have a listen to this while working today, sounds good!
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

I hope you enjoy(ed) it. :)

We now have a Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/knightmareaudioseries - feel free to give us a like. :)
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TheOldenDays »

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 6 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews!

Episode: Series 2, Episode 7
Original Release Date: 16th August 2014
Throwback Review Date: 8th April 2016
Score: 3 out of 5 (good)

The Good: Mikey's team sounds really great – almost as good as Izzy's. Andy Marshall is always highly entertaining, Cassandra Smith gives us some wonderful deliveries, and the natural register of debutante Roz Pearson is absolutely perfect for a Knightmare team member.

I like the chessboard simple starter – there's a good exchange between Treguard and Pickle and it introduces the team members well. Kimberlite's dialogue comes straight from the mouth of our vicious cat – she really does like to do all that horrible stuff to small animals!

The Bad: I don't tremendously enjoy listening to Chelsee's quest, I must confess. The team doesn't really gel and some of the dialogue seems rather stuck in the first series to me, by which I mean it's what I call over-explainy or premise-estbalishy. (Listen to the scorpion scene, the catacombite scene, the Lillith scene and the dismissal scene for examples.)

We don't get into the really entertaining bits of Mikey's quest in this episode. Again, the fuse on the bomb lights too soon, and I should have made Shannon say that the room was twenty metres long rather than ten, if Mikey really didn't have time to get out without freezing the fuse.

Conclusion: It's okay but it's a bit of a trough in the second series.