Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 3

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 3

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Series 2 Episode 3 of the Knightmare Audio Series is now available to listen to at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com
The episode will also be available soon at our YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/KnightmareAudio

The Knightmare Audio Series portrays the gameplay from Knightmare entirely through audio. Give it a try and let us know what you think! :D
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare Audio Series

Post by shadow6162 »

I loved this episode! I must say, I got really freaked out at the scene with Gumboil in it XD And the Crazed Heifer scene was really nice! The music was beautiful and Jake and Rosey were excellent as Sylvester Hands and Marta :D
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare Audio Series

Post by Canadanne »

Liked the new wall monster. I was far too pleased with myself for working out the bird riddle, haha.
Nice character impersonations all round. :)
I enjoyed the Gumboil encounter!
Blimey, what a creepy note to end on. :D
The whole thing is just really well put together (script, acting, sound effects etc) - it really does feel like watching Knightmare. My favourite episode of this series so far. Thank you all and Merry Christmas. :)
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 3

Post by TheOldenDays »

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 6 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews!

Episode: Series 2, Episode 3
Original Release Date: 21st December 2013
Throwback Review Date: 4th April 2016
Score: 5 out of 5 (brilliant)

The Good: Megan's team is fantastic to listen to. Catie Clark is superlatively convincing in the dungeoneer role, Antony Rowe just sounds ideal as a confident, no-nonsense male advisor, and Cassandra Smith is excellent too. The illusion of the group dynamic is convincingly created by the perfect combination of wonderful line readings from the actors and strong characterisation in the script.

The quest is well conceived and superbly pulled off. The scene with Gumboil and the snake is a highlight (with the background music getting its first really effective outing in the series) as is the whole business in the Crazed Heifer, with Marta, Sylvester Hands and Megan all interacting perfectly. The timing of the cliffhanger ending is quite accidental of course, but it's very effective.

The Bad: Mike's voice is actually a bit too close to Sylvester Hands', but that one little niggle doesn't spoil such a brilliant scene.

Conclusion: A wonderful episode that richly deserves full marks.