Knightmare Audio Series: 2013 Summer Special

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Audio Series: 2013 Summer Special

Post by GranitasIsCute »

The Summer Special 2013 is now available to listen to at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com.

Enjoy! ;D
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare Audio Series

Post by shadow6162 »

Just finished listening to it, and I really enjoyed this one! Mind you, it was a little weird listening to myself this time because I can't even remember recording half of the lines I said ;D
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare Audio Series

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Very good, enjoyable as always!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Audio Series: 2013 Summer Special

Post by TheOldenDays »

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 6 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews!

Episode: Specials 1, Episode 4
Original Release Date: 29th June 2013
Throwback Review Date: 1st April 2016
Score: 5 out of 5 (brilliant)

The Good: This was the first time Rosey and I specially designed the team members to match the particular delivery style and vocal skills of the actors who were going to play them, which I think helps to make the team as a whole sound really good. Amy Davies does a wonderful job as team leader Imogen, Gemma Dwarwood brings her uniquely confrontational style to the role of Anne-Marie, Becs Houghton-Berry brings the not-quite-on-the-ball Courtney to life so well, and John Liu's melodious tones are perfect for the affably naïve Matthew.

The content of the quest itself is pretty much entirely excellent in my opinion. Finally we get to hear the epic Lord-Fear-kidnaps-Sidriss plot that Knightmare was always crying out for but never got, which can only be a good thing! The later Knightmare vibe is still prevalent and works even better than in the previous episode. I love Matthew's total reliance on Imogen, even after he's back in the antechamber and has the helmet off!

The Bad: Some of Hordriss's dialogue is a bit long winded, although the kernel of everything he says is fully justified artistically, I think. Again, it's a shame that the fireball sound effects in Marblehead are a bit too loud and sometimes interfere with the dialogue.

Conclusion: It pretty well reaches its full potential, and showcases everything that the Audio Series can and should do. I love it.