Knightmare Audio Series: 2011 Christmas Special

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Audio Series: 2011 Christmas Special

Post by GranitasIsCute »

It is now time to announce that on Saturday 24th December a Knightmare Audio Series Christmas Special will be coming your way - based on Series 4-8 of Knightmare and written by Rosey Collins!
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare Audio Series

Post by shadow6162 »

Now THAT would be interesting :D
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

In addition to the two audio plays coming out this year over the festive period, don't forget the Knightmare Audio Series Christmas Special is also set to be released this Saturday, on Christmas Eve. :)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Noisy Xmas Eve in prospect. ;)
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

The Christmas Special has now been released and can be found at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com. Enjoy! ;D
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Lovin' the Christmas version of the theme tune! :D

Great to hear a bunch of new characters to the audio series - they were very well done, especially the traders, and Rosey is so perfect for Aesandre! Bonus points for the Watership Down quote, too. ;) (I also LOLed at the unexpected Chubby Brown reference!)

Marvellous job, chaps & chapesses - many thanks for a true festive treat, and Merry Christmas to one and all!
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Audio Series: 2011 Christmas Special

Post by TheOldenDays »

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 6 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews!

Episode: Specials 1, Episode 1
Original Release Date: 24th December 2011
Throwback Review Date: 29th March 2016
Score: 4 out of 5 (very good)

The Good: Once again Rosey has blazed the trail for the future of the series, this time by demonstrating how some of Knightmare's later gameplay can work in audio. The whole quest fits together very well, making the journey out of Knightmare's early series smoothly and seamlessly.

My particular favourite scenes are the Wolfenden trading exchange, Sylvester Hands' slightly pervy introduction, Ridolfo's embarrassing demands, Play Your Cards Right, Merlin's opposite riddles (which was the one idea I contributed to the quest) and everything with Winteria and Aesandre.

The Bad: I find it a bit too Christmassy in places, but I guess that's just the Scrooge in me! I don't think I made Oakley's voice deep enough, and my Julius Scaramonger isn't quite there.

Conclusion: I have heard Rosey expressing dissatisfaction with the overall quality of this quest in recent times, but I am always quick to assure her that it represents an important milestone for the Audio Series, and that there's a lot to be said for its actual content too.