The Dunshelm Players: When Five Tribes Go To War

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: COMING SOON FROM FREEBIEVILLE...

Post by GranitasIsCute »

I really enjoyed 5 Tribes - well done to everyone involved! ;D
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Thanks, nice to know someone's listened to it.

Any particular details you liked/disliked?
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

The acting talent in general was top notch. It was very nicely put together and very easy to listen to. The only thing I could say about the editing side of it is maybe the echo/reverb is overused sometimes making it slightly offputting while listening to the dialogue, but apart from that the whole ambience created by the background noises was impressive, and the microphone quality was fine - no need for a recording studio here I thought.
The only other thing I could say is that maybe it tried to explain too much and maybe a little too much was packed in? Although it was nice to hear a variety of talent, every aspect of the Series 3-4 link was explained, sometimes unnecessarily I thought. Although this only just steps across the boundary I think, and it doesn't really spoil the play for me at all. Having said that, the plot was very good, although I still don't like the idea of Lord Fear killing Merlin (although this was carried forwards from FFR) - I don't know why but it's not something I can see happening.

But well done everyone for the great likenesses. Would like to hear more and be involved in future productions - they're great fun and a good homage to Knightmare. This one was even better than Famous for Retreating.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Thanks for the feedback, it's taken on board.

Regarding the reverb, to an extent I was kind of stuck with it, as, as far as I can tell, Mogdred and Morghanna's voices always echoed when they spoke. 'Made of magic' sort of thing. Might just be that we only ever saw them when they were in echoey chambers, but it didn't seem like it. There were a couple of scenes where I might have left it out though.