Knightmare - New PC Game

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Knightmare - New PC Game

Post by knightmaredave »

The first one was excellent i was playing it all last night
knightmaredave
thejackal1975
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thejackal1975 »

You maybe pleased to know that I have now re-designed the starting room in Level 1 now giving you a distinct clue as to which door to take. I know this was causing problems for some, and to quote: "This game definitely violates one of the "Ten Commandments of Interactive Fiction", to which I sort of agree with.

This will make the whole level alot easier, although there are still a few twists and turns as the game is based on a graphical adventure theme in places, and not just on "Knightmare" the series.

Please also note that the Hauntings ARE deadly!! You can rarely touch them (at all) and survive. However, if you pay close attention, they do follow various patterns. You can then use judgement and skill to avoid them, guiding your dungeoneer around them and to safety.

I have also decreased the size of the file from 287MB to 243MB which will save some download time for those of you that haven't played it yet from:

http://www.thejackalsviews.co.uk/download/download.html

Thanks, Jackal.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Thanks a lot for taking the feedback on board, Jackal. I've found a couple of program faults on level 2 that cause the game to close down

Firstly, in the catacombite chamber, if you take the door on the right, the program gives a missing file error message. Secondly, in Merlin's chamber, if you get both riddles right, you get an illegal function error.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

This game is absolutely brilliant!

I keep getting stuck at the end of level 2. It took me ages to pick up the food by the mining cart; I finally did it and then I tried to put the dungeoneer in the cart, but I couldn't do it. Is he supposed to go through the hole in the wall, or can he go into the cart with the right button manipulation? HELP ME!
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

It's all right, you can all rest easy again, I've just reached level 3!
thejackal1975
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thejackal1975 »

Hey Eyeshield - thanks for the feedback!! Glad you found the hidden food and advanced to Level 3. ;D

Remember - check everything !!

HStorm, cant understand why you keep getting illegal function with two correct answers in Merlins room as you need both! I have tested this and it works fine?? Either the copy you have is corrupt or hasn't installed correctly or you are running it on an untested O/S - perhaps VISTA as this has known issues with backward compatabillity ??

Cheers guys!

The Jackal. ;)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Interesting. I'll try it out on a different machine as soon as I can. The only OS I have access to is WinXP, so I don't think that can be it.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Hi Jackal, I think your game is the cat's pyjamas - it's really well put together and it's both fun and challenging to play. I managed to win for the first time yesterday, and to complete the whole quest in one today. I have to say, that random choice of five doors in deepest level three with no clues at all... ooh, nasty! :o
Last edited by Eyeshield on 04 Jan 2009, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
Helvellyn
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Helvellyn »

Eyeshield wrote: Hi Jackal, I think your game is the cat's pyjamas - it's really well put together and it's both fun and challenging to play. I managed to win for the first time yesterday, and to complete the whole quest in one today. I have to say, that random choice of five doors in deepest level three with no clues at all... ooh, nasty! :o
I only realised later that I'd got the right on right first time, but died in the next room and thought I'd made a mistake, so went back and tried all the others!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Ooh, even nastier!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I would download it if I don't keep forgetting my USB Flash Drive! >:(

I tried a version myself on The Games Factory, but I never had the patience... Damn! :)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Marblehead
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Marblehead »

I have just tried accessing the site to download this game, but for some reason it's not working, might be my computer... or my internet

Just wondering if anyone else can access it?... and if not, can somebody send me the game via email

(PM me if you agree to this)

I'll check the site regularly, might fix it'self later.
Last edited by Marblehead on 08 Feb 2009, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
K-Holed
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by K-Holed »

I can't seem to access the downlaod page either.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Neither can I :(
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
thejackal1975
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thejackal1975 »

Hi Guys.

Unfortunately after ALL of my hard work creating a game to reflect the early years of Knightmare, I have now run into some unfortunate problems hosting the actual website. As a result, you wont be able to access thejackalsviews and download the file required to play the game.

If you speak to anyone who did download the game before my site went down, they will tell you it was excellent (im sure).

I was wondering however, if the good people who run this site would let me upload it to knightmare.com somehow so it can be accessed and downloaded directly?? I have tried to e-mail it to several people who have requested it, but the file is too large to send at 243Mb!!

Sorry to anyone in advance - and im gutted after so much input!!, maybe someone will be kind enough here
to find a bit of space and advertise the link to point people in the right direction.........?

The Jackal. :'(