The real Challenge

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

The real Challenge

Post by JamesA »

I just want to say that hopefully Knightmare being shown on Challenge will the program the fuel it need to return to our screens  ;)

Cheers  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: The real Challenge

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Absolutely. Crossed fingers that it's a ratings winner for Challenge?.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

I am also excited...otherwise I so would not have got myself into babysitting today just to watch Sky!!
Btw if you watch the documentary, ignore the insane ramblings of the amply proportioned, two-tone blonde/brown (A Libra and therefore indecisive!) haired girl (And yet I have no doubt it will be blink and you'll miss me!  :) )! Cos I now have absolutely no idea what I said...and I am rather scared!  :-[
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I am also excited...otherwise I so would not have got myself into babysitting today just to watch Sky!!
LOL, that's fabulous. Real dedication. :D
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Btw if you watch the documentary, ignore the insane ramblings of the amply proportioned, two-tone blonde/brown (A Libra and therefore indecisive!) haired girl (And yet I have no doubt it will be blink and you'll miss me!  :) )! Cos I now have absolutely no idea what I said...and I am rather scared!  :-[
Oooer  ;D
James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I suppose the documentary with you will be on Boxing Day then Debz. The bits with TC and HM today were pretty cool. :D
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Tim and Hugo were on there?

WICKED!  ;D
James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Yes. They did a little introduction type thing describing it all with clips from Series 3 in the background. Including the moment when Team 1 die and when I'm still sure one of their advisers says f**k under his breath.

And an "Ooh, Nasty" at the end from HM.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

For the non-Skyandsuch people, here's the excerpts from Tim Child and Hugo Myatt that preceded the first episode shown on Challenge?. There was a guy generally linking things too- I haven't included that here, though.

TC: "The kids were really the stars. The great gamesplaying age is in that last few months when raging hormones are just about kicking in but they're not quite there. Give me gamesplayers of that age with the ability to communicate with each other and you'll always get a great game.

It sort of started in the mid-1980s. My eldest sister at the time was sidekick for Clive Sinclair who invented home computers and things like that. So the idea of taking the idea of... an interactive computer game, and operating it in a television scenario and playing it live in a television studio came about.

If they tilted their heads far enough back they could see the clue tables from across the room. When they did that they were told that the blindfold would go on underneath if they didn't behave themselves."

HM: "Once you got into the game there were no retakes, and that, I think,... is one of the reasons, it has this feeling it's on the edge. I mean, you do sit on the edge of your seat, you get so involved. Their decision making was just incredible."

TC: "The adventure is their adventure to play. It's not just a series of hurdles that they have to go through. We went out of our way to make it a serious challenge. This was a major experience, being away from home by some youngsters of 11 years old, staying in hotels for the first time, in a large studio full of wizards, monsters and goodness knows what else. It's quite amazing how well they stood up to it, really."

And HM repeats two immortal words at the end. I'm sure I don't need to tell you which two. :)
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 23 Dec 2002, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

It's must better to listen to, though, so get a look at it if you possibly can. Feel free to delete that if it offends copyright or whatever. Didn't think about that when posting.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

It's good to finally see what they both said in their interviews and I am so pleased that they got Hugo to say those two immortal words!!;D I was asked which catchphrases were in KM and I did a very poor impersonation of Hugo which so did not do him justice! :-/ Although I never said that I could do impressions!
The documentary was good, very interesting, I just hope I can get a lift to my aunt's on Boxing day to see the other half! Oh us poor peeps without Sky...
Good to see Crackerjack beforehand as I had never seen it before...there is summat v satisfying about watching mulleted celebs getting gunged!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

His hair is grey!  :o
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Oh shuddup you tart! It does happen you know, leave the poor sod alone!  >:(
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Nothing some dye wouldn't fix if he ever has to don his old outfit. I think he's preserved very well. Oh dear, that makes him sound like some pickle in vinegar. And no, that pun wasn't intended.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Quite a good observation if you don't mind me saying so  ;D
James Aukett