The real Challenge

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: The real Challenge

Post by Pooka »

I think the hair looks quite good. If only he were to put on a medieval style suit. he might even look like an aged Saxon knight who has a dungeon to be conque... oh.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

He'd probably resemble a striking resemblance to Sir Hugh De Witless though  ;)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

(though of course,  a lot more intelligent)  ;D
James Aukett
Threepwood
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Threepwood »

My pants were literally soiled in a state of excitement for the re-run of Series 3 yesterday.

I mean, I even watched Crackerjack to get ready for it. Never before have I seen such bare-faced lying from the presenter (Stu somet-or-other) along the lines of him saying "Oh, please don't gunge me. I hate it". Immediately followed by him frollicing about in gunge in a state of laughter. But to be fair, I'm sure he was a great guy - anyhow, some lady friends were taking the piss out of him saying he was like the 'Bionic Man' because he has "a screw loose". Bullying like this is not tolerated in out country anymore, thank God, but I'm still not impressed that Challenge did not edit this out as it offended me.

Anyway, errrm... Knightmare!! That's the one! Watched it yesterday. Great to see the bad boys at Challenge wheeled out Mr Hugo and Mr Tim as well for the mini-docu. It might just have been me but I was expecting Hugo to be a lot, lot older - not that I'm complaining, I expect he would take it as a compliment to his youthful looks. But it was a satisfying moment to witness the show once more. Nice to see it in a lovely clear format as apposed to poor video recordings.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Great to see the bad boys at Challenge wheeled out Mr Hugo and Mr Tim as well for the mini-docu.
Lol! Make's them sound totally past it, like they had to be pushed out of the Residential Home just to do the documentary and then back in time for Meals On Wheels!! ;D He-he-he-he-he-Love-ly!!
Mind you, at least you haven't mentioned the colour of Hugo's hair...unlike some people I could mention!  ;)
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Threepwood
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Threepwood »

;D Three words for the whippersnapper-Hugo.

Just. for. Men.

However, he shouldn't feel embarrassed by his grey haired appearance. Hugo has managed to keep his fine head of hair in immaculate condition since the last appearance of him from 8 years ago. A feat, which even I must bow down to with up most respect and admiration. I can only hope that one day he shares his secret of how he came to have such a head of long, carefree hair at his age.

However, he shouldn't feel embarrassed by his old age......
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

He's not that old, he only...57 I think he said anyway!
Threepwood
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Threepwood »

Really? I thought he was a lot older than that. I imagine he's young at heart, whatever his age  ;D

Great to see him though. If I can compliment him for one moment, I actually thought he had lost quite a bit of weight since Knightmare. A feat, which even I must bow down to with up most respect and admiration.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Yes I thought that too, I've certainly noticed a difference since last November. But when I mentioned it to his wife Jackie (Who is incidentally around 18 years his junior, so the young at heart comment seems true!! ;D ), she said that he hadn't been on a diet as such, so he's clearly gifted! Lucky so-and-so, wish I could loose weight without effort!!  :(
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

He certainly doesn't look 57. I expect with beard dyed he'd look a lot younger still. And yes, lucky for him his hair is still full. I wish and hope and pray I have that full a head of hair when I'm in my 50s. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

;D Three words for the whippersnapper-Hugo.

Just. for. Men.
LOL ;D
James Aukett
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

But the guy's a veteran now, still in panto and all that  ;)
James Aukett
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

*sulk* I wanna meet the old guy.

Where were you Debz? I looked for you on the doc and I didn'y see you!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

57? Is that all? My dad's 53 and plays a mean electric guitar! I'd love it if he could reprise his role as Treguard - if only for one series for continuity's sake. It wouldn't be Knightmare without him. Who's with me?

btw, thanks very much for the transcript, GG. As you may know I do not have Sky and am INCENSED by the fact that Knightmare appears in the tv listings every weekend and that I cannot see it! At least I now know what was said and can picture it in my head.
Subject to change.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

In any case, how old was Alec Guiness when he starred in Star Wars? How much more jumping about did he have to do?
Subject to change.