Knightmare ratings - official figure

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare ratings - official figure

Post by Brangwen »

Yes that has to be great news. It's the type of news that has me looking forward to next weeks ratings. And with Takeshi's ratings falling....
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

gah, if treguard had a pair like melinda it might draw more viewers ;D

maybe we should suggest digital enhancement to BVA ;)
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Well Treguard's already got the fake tan down, now he just needs the massive mouth and the endless, bordering on annoying bubbly personality and the 2 prominent features Pickles already mentioned and he's there.

If only Lord Fear had been a bad actor, he'd have made a perfect Leslie Grantham substitute

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

roffle ;D

Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

gah, if treguard had a pair like melinda it might draw more viewers ;D
Don't give me ideas in my head! :o
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

sorry

*redirects all ideas toward brag's right forearm*

::)

Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i think that was the season 4 close
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Well Treguard's already got the fake tan down, now he just needs the massive mouth and the endless, bordering on annoying bubbly personality
You could always replace Treguard with Elita if you want someone with a massive mouth or even Jade infact. Elita's got an annoying bubbly personality. Oh no hers is just annoying though
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Latest top ratings... blah... grrrr... blah blah... evil... blah... Shurrup, Festus!

Challenge      Millions Viewing (Including Timeshift) - w/e 20/07/2003
 Programme Total
1 TAKESHI'S CASTLE (Wed 1830)  0.15
2 TAKESHI'S CASTLE (Sun 1832)  0.14
3 TAKESHI'S CASTLE (Sun 1801)  0.12
4 FORT BOYARD (Fri 1700)  0.10
5 TAKESHI'S CASTLE (Mon 1830)  0.09
6 TAKESHI'S CASTLE (Fri 1830)  0.09
7 NIGHT FEVER (Sat 2332)  0.09
8 FORT BOYARD (Wed 1701)  0.09
9 TAKESHI'S CASTLE (Thu 1830)  0.08
10 TAKESHI'S CASTLE (Tue 1829)  0.08
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Night Fever? NIGHT FEVER? NIGHT BLOODY FEVER!

I can only assume that at 11.30pm on a Saturday most people had been chucked out the pub, managed to stagger home and in their drunken stupidity thought Night Fever was actually a good programme.

Bless em'
Foxxy Roxxy
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Howdy folks.

It's all a bit concerning not seeing KM in the top 10 regularly if further series are too be considered. It also seems a bit of a bummer that since Takeshi's Castle occupies about half the total scheduling time on Challenge, the law of averages suggests that turning on Challenge sometime in the evening, that's what you're going to find. There are also mass omnibuses, which are absolutely dire - but again, give T.C. a more monopolising hold on the schedule.

Anyway, believe it or not, that was not my principal whinge. I was arguing to Kieran and Robin last night that Challenge are messing about with KM's scheduling too much - ok, only half an hour each side, but it's still rather infuriating: great that KM is on at 5:00am on Sunday morning, I'll likely be awake for that; great that it's somehow on Monday morning at 10:00am (??) ~ and the late night showings are varying from day to day as well as weekend, between 11:30 and 12:30 I think. I love that there's 'lots' of showings, but I'm less chuffed that there's 'nots' of knowings. :)
Will have to keep pinned to the website's listed showing times, and at least see if they're true. ~ KaM
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

It's all a bit concerning not seeing KM in the top 10 regularly if further series are too be considered. It also seems a bit of a bummer that since Takeshi's Castle occupies about half the total scheduling time on Challenge, the law of averages suggests that turning on Challenge sometime in the evening, that's what you're going to find. There are also mass omnibuses, which are absolutely dire - but again, give T.C. a more monopolising hold on the schedule.

[...]

I love that there's 'lots' of showings, but I'm less chuffed that there's 'nots' of knowings. :)
I mentioned the whole Takeshi's situation to Challenge in a 90-line post on their website forum. I do think it hurts their other programming to constantly focus on one show. It's also a vicious circle, really.

And I share your concern about things moving around a lot and appearing and disappearing so much. Thankfully the prime time episode has been left still, but the fact that times change so often late-evening and over weekends is hardly constructive, especially for a show that is effectively a serial. After you watch one episode, you want to watch the next, not miss it because the schedule's changed again. It doesn't hurt other shows quite so much where you can watch the episodes in any order without any trouble.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

And let's face it, you wouldn't realise whether you were watching another episode of Takeshi's castle or the same episode over again.

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

And let's face it, you wouldn't realise whether you were watching another episode of Takeshi's castle or the same episode over again.
I just looked over at their schedules for the week ahead.

On Tuesday of next week (I have no idea whether it's a permanent change or not) Knightmare is not in the 6pm slot. You might just be able to guess which show they've put in the slot instead.
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

WHAT!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!

Is it on at a later time then?!

*Rushes off to go check gg's claims*

I can't believe it!

At least it's on at 5am and 10am, which are of course BRILLIANT time slots for those who either work and therefore aren't at home at 10am or those who are students and therefore are unlikely to be awake at 10am let alone 5am.

As usual, challenge have been listening intently to their viewers comments.  >:(

Could be jumping to conclusions though as challenge could have made a genuine mistake on their website. Ever the optomist.
Last edited by RoxxAatherton on 30 Jul 2003, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
Foxxy Roxxy