KM on challenge.

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Illusion
Knight
Knight

50 minutes

Post by Illusion »

As someone mentioned previously, according to the schedule there was a 50 minute Knightmare slot on Friday at 1.10am.

Does anyone know what happened? Was this just a mistake?
You're on the edge of a ledge...
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: KM on challenge.

Post by KaM »

Not to worry. This is a regular thing on Challenge. (Am I admitting I watch too much Challenge? ? No - but my sisters do. It's not stating that the program in question (i.e. K/M) lasts a certain length of time - but just states when the next starts - and they don't schedule their advertising stints, quizzes etc that run for short times. Just makes it look like one program is going to last longer. Wish KM was 50 mins per ep.. great stuff!
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Leggy1210 »

The Cult Selection spotlight for Knightmare was shown before the episode, which took up all of 5 minutes...
Fort Boyard was on straight after that so perhaps Challenge did make a mistake!
"Side-foot to your right...!"
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Challenge? ended up showing KM @ 01.30 on Friday night for some reason, It's A Knockout was on up until that time.  That may explain it.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

Challenge did make a mistake at the whole 50 minute issue, as it was the normal episode of Knightmare, then You Bet came on after it. (But that should have started at 1.50am), but never mind, nobody didnt miss anything- apart from Matthew Kelly, but who cares about that!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Oh and as for crispins spell question, i imagine the "but" spell would have "butted" mogdred out of the window while the "transform" spell would have been of use later to maybe transorm an object to reveal their quest item. sounds plausable to me.
Yeh, I guess we'll never know for sure. I think BUT would have frozen Mogga temporarily, giving them enough time to either a) get out, or b) cast TRANSFORMATION. (Treguard or Pickle might have hinted which once they'd cast it.) We learnt that BUT was a simple spell of limited effect, which leads me to think it would have just been a device to give them a few extra seconds.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

you know what... i like that theory. logic, well thought out and uses all available info. we can't be sure but certainly persuasive enough for me.

right now im tossing up between the "butting" and the "extra time" thoughts. if we know its a weaker spell then it lends itself to the extra time as it may not be strong enough to butt mog out the way :S

erm...BVA?
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

My ideas on this are a little different. My thoughts were the 'but', being a word that enquires about change and question, would work against Morgred's weapon, his magic sword. I originally thought it might turn it into a question mark - but that links in, because that would only de a divergence - and would still require the other spell casting to defeat the sorceror.
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Aldude
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Aldude »

Usually spells have a significance.  "change" changed people into a goblin.  "arken" was the name of the shield. "Freeze" and "Fire" they're obvious.  even "Erg" is named correctly.  It stumped me for a bit, until i realised that an erg is a unit of energy... but i digress.
I honestly cannot see any connection with "But".  If Mogdred was to be butted out of the window, surely the spell would've been "butt".  as for extra time, well possibly, but i don't see the relevance of the name of the spell.  It may have made sense to whoever wrote the script.  Mr Child? You may be needed to answer this question.  It may even have made sense if the quest was completed.  but at this stage?  who knows...

Ali
Sidestep to the left....
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Well, whenever I have told my parents something terrible like I broke their favourite ornament or something I always tell them and use "BUT..." to try and stall them and stop them from killing me - perhaps there's a connection...
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Aldude
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Aldude »

I'd like to see you try do the childish wimpy "but..."  with Mogdred

Ali
Sidestep to the left....
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

lol, at Emii's explanation of how "But" saves yours ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Shepps
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Shepps »

The thing is, they had time to do TRANSFORM, but for some reason, people always spellcasted waaaaaaaaay to slowly.

Instead of their 'Spellcasting T.................R..................A...............N' etc etc, they should have just done it quickly.  'Spellcasting T.R.A.N.S.F.O.R.M'

Anyway, to the 'BUT' spell, maybe it was some sort of mood changed.  Something along the lines of 'I could kill you, BUT for some reason, I don't feel like it.'
Last edited by Shepps on 12 Jun 2003, 04:06, edited 1 time in total.
Spellcasting D-I-S-M-I-S-S
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I don't think they could have cast TRANSFORMATION quickly enough. I'd always supposed that was the puzzle- to work out they had to use the shorter spell.

Your explanation of BUT is definitely a possibility.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

I remember hordriss mentioning something about the "but" spell being a "humble little spell" if the team had shown humility (surely one of the attributes supported by Knightmare - along with truth, justice etc) they might have used this one when given the choice.

Hafta say i like geraldine's interpretation of the spells better than mine although i liked the idea of a dungeoneer 'transforming' their quest object to appear as well.

perhaps Bva could help? thats assuming an end was ever written for this quest! perhaps using our imaginations on the subject would be fun tho.
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...