KM on challenge.

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: KM on challenge.

Post by beamrider2600 »

Wow, if only you did that before it came on TV. You don't happen to have any other series don't you? If you do it would be great.
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Leggy1210 »

I have all the series except 4 and 5 on VHS. I did try and make these these in to AVIs but the quality wasn't too superb resulting in a very high amount of dropped frames.  :(
"Side-foot to your right...!"
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

For those who are missing series 4 of Knightmare, I post the previous day's episode up on the web for download... if you are interested then the links are maintained here: http://www.legs-world.co.uk/nostalgia/k ... ries4.html.  
WOW, this is sweet, thanks a lot. I am recording them anyway but it would be handy to watch one incase I miss an episode. Also it looks like I will miss the last few episodes as I might be going on holiday to Florida so it would be good to catch up and watch them after I get back(Providing they are still there)

Incidently, I watched Episode 2 today, and it was a pretty good episode. The 1st Team(although very slow IMO) is really doing well but its going to be a shame to see them die in the next episode. I cant wait to see the team who actually win the game and witness that classic death too, Oh come on, you know what I mean, heres a hint ;)

Simon SideStep to the Left  ;D ;D ;D
Last edited by Porsmond on 04 Jun 2003, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

leggy, d00d...you are my own personal jesus christ ::)

one big thumbs up to you my man

EDIT- OMG, and after obtaining it i find the quality by far suppasses expectations! i think im in love with leggy ;)

you planning to do series 3 when its repeated?

and now i can drop a few thoughts on the episode...first of all, what sorta brilliant luck was that, the way they stepped off the spindizzy!?!
secondly they said they were from tyne and wear...but the accent was barely noticable. i must inform all my geordie mates.

*drops to knees before leggy*
Last edited by Pickle123 on 04 Jun 2003, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

Leggy, I would love for you to post some series 7. I don't care about the quality, s7 was my favourite and it would be nice to see even just one or two episodes again - no need for them all.
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

so no pressure then  ;D

no, seriously leggy, if you just wanna do series4 that's cool and thank you very much bringing knightmare back to me personally :)

Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Leggy1210 »

Episode 3 posted!

http://www.legs-world.co.uk/nostalgia/k ... ries4.html

The bitrates used for the AVIs is only 400kbit for the video and 64kbit for the audio... this helped make the files very reasonable in both size and in quality!

I will take posting other series in to consideration. There are some filters out there which will help with the "noise" on some of the VHS recordings... we shall see!
"Side-foot to your right...!"
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Watched Episode 3 today and I feel sorry for the 1st team. I really feel it was an unfair death, how were they meant to know they should have used the shorter spell. Malefact made it quite clear that the transform spell is the more powerful one and to be quite honest I would have probably used the transform spell too as it seemed like the right thing to do.

Anyway the 2nd team are doing quite well but was'nt it funny at the place of choice. He clearly stepped right off the edge there and should have died. I definatly think he was let off maybe because it was only the first room.

Good stuff, cant wait for more tomorrow :)
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

hmm leggy, i only asked about series three because its getting repeated on challenge after 4's over. hence no need for filters...etc. gah, whatever you do im grateful.

i think he got let off partly because it was the first room but also because he sorta fell backwords onto his arse ;D comical and looked like he just might have survived so...blegh.

what happened to the days of dungeoneers walking with some degree of urgency ::)

edit - oh, and his name's hordriss..malefact/malifact (can't spell) is only his calling name.
Last edited by Pickle123 on 05 Jun 2003, 07:33, edited 1 time in total.

Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

i think he got let off partly because it was the first room but also because he sorta fell backwords onto his arse ;D
I thought it was hilarious the way he confidently stepped onto the disc and his legs went from underneath him, leading him to stumble around comically.  Great fun. ;-)

I think when he stepped off his foot went but he landed on the beam.  It just looks odd because his right foot would've hit the actual floor, I guess.  Assuming that this team was in the studio when the first team died, it's reasonable to further assume that team 3 haven't yet arrived, so there'd have been no-one there had this team died so early ;-)

Is it just me or are the floating skulls visible when the camera is such that we can see it from the advisor's point of view in the magic mirror, but are invisible when we see the full-screen view?
what happened to the days of dungeoneers walking with some degree of urgency ::)
The *spit* eye-shield.  It's removed the need for teams to guide the dungeneer out of most doors.  Guess it was necessary for those parts of series 4 where the exit isn't clearly visible.

(post edited, by cunning use of the 'remove' button and a re-post, as I couldn't find the edit button anywhere...)

( edit: of course, now I can clearly see the 'Modify' button right next to the Remove button.  Silly me. ;-) )
Last edited by Dan on 05 Jun 2003, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Hey up all.
Yes, it is great to be able to refresh our VHS collections. Adverts are annoying - although bearable. The commentary after the 6:00pm showing is annoyance, but the early version cuts that out too.

Mr Lgy, your posting of shows is absolutely superb, sir. Absolutely top notch. Just for god sake, bud - make sure you don't get into any trouble for our sakes: we really can't take that. It's a revolutionary step-up, though, and good for you sir!

Pickle: Ha ha.. yes.. Ironically, the first team of S4, the mackems, didn't appear drunk (like our team 2) and got through the place of choice 'effortlessly', of course. I'm a Sunderland boy, and they do have traces of the accent - not too strong (unlike S2, Team 1 'what typa room amma in?' 'what typa room is it?') - but I'm trying to lose any trace of my accent - can't say I'm overly keen.

KaM / Tharadus / RedMage
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

team 1 just got *really* lucky. you notice the laughter from treguard, pickle, advisors...they all knew how close they'd been to dying in the first room because the dungeoneer just wouldn't *stop* walking...she just kept plodding around and V.luckily stepped onto a ledge and not thin air. ;D
Last edited by Pickle123 on 05 Jun 2003, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

Crispin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Crispin »

Hello I just joined today.

In reply to various comments:

Yes Dooris's voice is quite annoying and if my memery serves me correctly it goes higher pitched later on in the series. :D

Exams for specific subjects are ususally taken at the same time throughout the UK as to avoid people finding out what the questions are from others before taking them. :(

Does anyone know what the two spells from the end of team 1 would of done, particularly the 'BUT' spell.
Truth will out. Ah yes. Truth will out and so will you.
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

Hi guys, heres a funny thing from the series 4 episodes

During team 2's quest when the "self activating charm's" self activate - we can actually see the cursor, its the little black thing in the middle of the haze. this is also noticible in team 3's quest when they use the "small"

Dunno if any1 else finds this funny but its worth mentioning anyway - i think

Oh and as for crispins spell question, i imagine the "but" spell would have "butted" mogdred out of the window while the "transform" spell would have been of use later to maybe transorm an object to reveal their quest item. sounds plausable to me.
Last edited by Steve on 08 Jun 2003, 06:24, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

hmmm, sounds about right...there's only one guy who really knows though...BVA?  ;)