have you seen the Challenge adverts?

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Shepps
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: have you seen the Challenge adverts?

Post by Shepps »

This may have already been posted, but i'm too lazy to look  ;)

Has anyone else noticed how the Challenge GJ's (Y'know, those annoying people who talk all over the end credits) always seem to take the mickey out of Knightmare and make condescending little comments.  Especially the woman.
Spellcasting D-I-S-M-I-S-S
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Yes, and I hate them all!  I have to record it at 1:10am because of their stupid comments....Why do we need to know what is on next when there is a big sign telling us what IS next on the screen?
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Has anyone else noticed how the Challenge GJ's (Y'know, those annoying people who talk all over the end credits) always seem to take the mickey out of Knightmare and make condescending little comments.  Especially the woman.
Yeh. One of the men thinks he's incredibly funny too. "That bloke scares me" or "look at his fake tan" are only remotely funny the first few times. Getting the announcement of the next episode correct might be a better use of time than this pointless and repetitive banter.

I mean, I never hear them comment on Richard O'Brien's baldness, Ed Tudor Pole's relentless over-enthusiasm or Melinda Messenger's lack of any presenting ability whatsoever. (Just my views!) I'm quickly getting tired of recording the 1.10 showing, especially since it means I have to watch the end of that absolutely awful karaoke show beforehand.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

just remember, it could be worse. challenge might not be showing KM at all :o
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Shepps
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Shepps »

Yes, and I hate them all!  I have to record it at 1:10am because of their stupid comments....Why do we need to know what is on next when there is a big sign telling us what IS next on the screen?
I would, but I hate their ridiculously 'Press Red' graphic that's there if you don't hit back up.  Small ones I can live with, but Challenge's is a monster.
Spellcasting D-I-S-M-I-S-S
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Yes! I've seen this... quite funny as the guy with the yellow bucket kept ploughing in to the wall!
YES it is quite funny, but it is very short, for anyone that hasnt seen it yet. theres a bloke with a bucket on his head and there are 3 people behind him, One of them is shouting Forwards which means the guy with the bucket on his head keep smashing into a wall with the other two people laughing uncontrolably. The Advert then fades out and says Knightmare Weeknights at 6PM or sometimes it will say Tonight at 6PM.
I should have really started recording the 1.10AM episodes as I hate the DJ's keep talking over the end credits, Call me sad but I like to hum away at the tune at the start and the end but I cant at the end because the GJ's constantly talk over the WHOLE of the end credits. The problem I have is, I cant be bothered to set the video for the 1.10AM episodes( I'm too lazy and something might go wrong anyway) so I leave a tape running before I go to work recording the 6PM episode and watch it when I come home from work.
I would, but I hate their ridiculously 'Press Red' graphic that's there if you don't hit back up.  Small ones I can live with, but Challenge's is a monster.
Do you really hate that red button?? do you wish it wa'snt there when you record Knightmare throughout the entire episode or when watching anything on Challenge?? Well I am here to save the day as I have found out how to disable it. Basiclly what you need to do is press the Red Button, and when it says Loading, Quickly Press the Backup button and there you go, Its Gone perminatly and wont come back even after advert brakes and it will stay gone for as long as you watch Challenge. However if you change channels and then switch back it will return so this action will need to be repeated every time but its pretty dam handy if you constantly watch Challenge a lot like what I do :)
Last edited by Porsmond on 13 Jun 2003, 03:12, edited 1 time in total.
Adzee
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Adzee »

The advert waSn't that great!!!
The documentry before series 3, was just a short 3 minute thing, it was repeated in this series as well u can get it here

http://www.legs-world.co.uk/nostalgia/k ... ries4.html

Go to the cult selection AVI.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

The advert waSn't that great!!!  
I know it isnt really that great but the one thing I am pleased reguarding the advert is, It is Advertising for Knightmare and thats always a good sign for the programme in the hope it should get good ratings. Challenge created absolutly no advertsing for Series 3 so at least this is something.

Also I spotted a slighty different advert for Knightmare yesterday. Basiclly It started up normally Saying "Are Boring Games getting you down" etc and then instead of showing the office scene of the bloke with the bucket on his head, It showed some very brief scenes from Knightmare with the background voice saying "then check out the return of Cult Calssic Knightmare. It then faded away and said the usual Weeknights at 6PM. I thought it was quite good to see an advert like this :)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Oh, that does sound a little better. I wasn't hugely impressed by the bucket advert, so it's nice to know there's also one doing the rounds which shows a few clips from the show itself. Some people might not remember the name of the show, but the memory might be spurred by a few such shots. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Can anyone tell me if the advert is shown at any particular time of the day? Or is it shown rather randomly?
I haven't seen it but would like to. I can get someone to leave a tape on recording Challenge, but I'm wondering what time(s) are they most likely to show it?

Even better, if anyone could do a video clip of it or supply screenshots. It's the kind of thing I would add to the website.
Last edited by Illusion on 14 Jun 2003, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Leggy1210 »

I've just posted the ad... the direct link is:
http://www.legs-world.co.uk/nostalgia/k ... gy1210.avi
"Side-foot to your right...!"
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Does anyone have any idea to what the rateings are?
We have to hope that Knightmare is really up on top other wise thats going to be it.. they wont try on a  getting a 3rd season,
Just feels so good being able to watch it again.. i never would have thought i would be able to see this again..pretty amazing stuff
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Bananaman
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Bananaman »

Sadly i dont think they have improved enough for Challenge to keep the show.

(i maybe wrong)

Takeshis Castle in that time slot was getting 200,000+ viewers which is a lot for Challenge.

I have asked on the challenge forums about ratings and we have been fobbed off. To me thats not a good sign, as if it was doing good they would shout about it.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

unless its doing so well they want to keep it a secret? lol Anyway Takeshi's castle thing its pretty good.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Thanks Leggy.

Regarding ratings - I don't think ratings for week beginning 2nd June have even been published yet, so it would be too early to tell.
You're on the edge of a ledge...