Doing your bit

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Doing your bit

Post by Purgatory »

How are u going to help promote Knightmare on challege? to try and get it as many viewers as possible?
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Davius
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Doing your bit

Post by Davius »

I have thought of a list of the 'Top 12 Ways to Promote Knightmare on Challenge TV' :). They are as follows:

1] Tell your friends
2] Tell your friends' friends (and so on...)
3] Tell any complete strangers that you happen to meet
4] Tell any friends of the complete strangers that you happen to meet (and so on...)
5] Wear an item of clothing proudly announcing the repeats on Challenge TV
6] Turn as many televisions in your house (and other people's houses) to Challenge TV for the duration of the repeats
7] Print off a load of flyers announcing the repeats and hand them to people on street corners. If they don't take them, follow them until they do
8] Shout out the date and time of the repeats in the street/pub/library/other local meeting area
9] Set up a sponsored 'Record the Knightmare episodes from Challenge TV' event
10] Send many letters of many thanks to Challenge TV for listening to their viewers and realising that Knightmare is popular enough to warrant these repeats
11] Send many letters of much disappointment to the other television stations that ignored us and the fact that Knightmare is popular enough to warrant these repeats
12] Repeat the previous 11 methods

Ok, so some of these ideas are a little more impractical than others, but we want as many people as possible to know that the repeats are on, as there may still be some people who like Knightmare, but have no idea it has been repeated on Challenge TV!

I think the ideas also stress the point that the good people at Challenge TV are now, of course, our good friends, and we want to repay their decision by showing them that Knightmare is still popular amongst everyone, and it can get them some good viewing figures! ;D

Davius.
"When the time turns once more, and the fire burns as before, and the gauntlet is held down, then, will the age of Knightmare be found." -Treguard
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I'm sure this site will "do its bit". I just hope Challenge? develop a better marketing strategy than they did last time, and don't make any more silly mistakes with announcements and such.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I hope that now Challenge? will include Knightmare on their list of programmes, like most of the others that they show
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I hope that now Challenge? will include Knightmare on their list of programmes, like most of the others that they show
Yes, it hasn't yet made its way into the website list, which is a shame, and again something easy to do which might promote anyone looking around the website to watch it.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Davius
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Davius »

I think that Knightmare should make it onto the Challenge TV website list at some time soon, since it will be shown during peak viewing time, so they need to tell more people about it. They should also start promoting it more actively now by advertising it on air as well (as JamesP said in his post on the Challenge TV forum), which will be very helpful for it!

And I agree that this website will help to promote the series repeats a lot... probably in a better and more practical way than my suggestions! ;D
"When the time turns once more, and the fire burns as before, and the gauntlet is held down, then, will the age of Knightmare be found." -Treguard
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I just posted on their forum asking if they would include it on their programme page!

;)
Davius
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Davius »

Ah, good idea!

*Goes to have a look and keep on refreshing until a reply appears*
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I just posted on their forum asking if they would include it on their programme page!

;)
Well done. Hopefully now they're putting it in a prime time slot they'll make an effort to sort out things like this to give it a good chance to succeed.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Well, they said in their announcement that they were going to actively promote the series on-air this time, so I'm sure they will add Km to their website.
Subject to change.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Promoting it more on Challenge would help, but would only inform the viewers who already watch Challenge.
This site and the mailing list of bringbackknightmare.co.uk could well spread the word to a couple of thousand people, mostly hardcore fans. However knews to reach the masses (the people who would be interested in watching Knightmare but have never thought much about it since it ended) it would probably require loads of word of mouth and mentions in newspapers, magazines, radio etc.

I will ask Alan if he can send out a e-mail to all the petitioners who have agreed to receive further e-mail.
Last edited by Illusion on 19 Apr 2003, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

One place I think that it needs mentioning is on the Anglia Website, I also have noticed that the Anglia gold section of their website has not been updated since about the end of last year.

Is their also a way of anyone getting sky to do a feature in their sky digital mag (free to all sky digital subscribers)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

One place I think that it needs mentioning is on the Anglia Website, I also have noticed that the Anglia gold section of their website has not been updated since about the end of last year.
Well, last time Anglia were surprisingly quick in updating the Gold section to mention Challenge? repeats, so they may well change it soon.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

knews to reach the masses (the people who would be interested in watching Knightmare but have never thought much about it since it ended) it would probably require loads of word of mouth and mentions in newspapers, magazines, radio etc.
Word of mouth will naturally happen. I noticed that KM got a mention on the BBC Teletext Chatterbox page a few days back. (Someone asked what the show's name was- according to the page editor two days later, they were inundated with replies.)

To be honest, I think a lot of people have found and will find it while just flicking through the channels. That's how I find a lot of things, and it's how a lot of people who've come to this site after seeing it on Challenge? have said they found out about it.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 20 Apr 2003, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I feel extremely sorry for those people who can't recieve Challenge? in anyway, but I think Sky digital is doing a special on their standard installation at the moment