Challenge TV

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Challenge TV

Post by Lowebo »

they are doing!! in january on weekends! series 3!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Indeed, but they've only scheduled the first 8 episodes of Series 3 so far. The rest depends on the ratings...
You're on the edge of a ledge...
PERSAUD
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare tv rights on challenge.

Post by PERSAUD »

It's pleasing news to know that challenge has bought the rights to series 3 of knightmare. It's only the first 8 episodes of the 16 but it is a start!!! I've been reading threads on the forum saying about FTN channel on FREEVIEW. Do they have partial tv rights or full tv rights to future series of knightmare?? Or is this the case with challenge tv on sky digital? :-/  I know the future of it depends on the ratings but i'm pretty sure a tv rights contract was signed along the way by either challenge or FTN. Can someone fill me in on this??? :)
PERSAUD
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Proud time in Km website history

Post by PERSAUD »

This website and all those that are involved in it has won the battle to get knightmare back on t.v. It's a proud moment at present because this was the principle of the website. This website never gave up in trying to get knightmare back on tv since 1998 (Sci Fi Channel). Keep up the good work because it's through this website results happen. Challenge tv must of seen the website possibly, hence this could of been the cause of them seeking the rights to series 3.
KEEP IT UP!!! ;D :D
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hello PERSAUD. Actually, TeleVirtual now have the rights to the format of Knightmare - it was jointly owned by them and Anglia TV but has recently reverted to them alone, which means they can do whatever they wish: which means it is now MUCH more likely that we will see a new series! All that has to happen now is for a tv channel to commission it.

The rights to the "made programmes" i.e. the 8 series already done are owned solely by Anglia TV.
Subject to change.
Bananaman
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Bananaman »

It's pleasing news to know that challenge has bought the rights to series 3 of knightmare. It's only the first 8 episodes of the 16 but it is a start!!! I've been reading threads on the forum saying about FTN channel on FREEVIEW. Do they have partial tv rights or full tv rights to future series of knightmare?? Or is this the case with challenge tv on sky digital? :-/  I know the future of it depends on the ratings but i'm pretty sure a tv rights contract was signed along the way by either challenge or FTN. Can someone fill me in on this??? :)
Hi

Currently it will be shown on Challenge only, if ratings are high it maybe shown on FTN.

Challenge would be stupid not to show Knightmare in full as ive heard its way in the lead on the cult Christmas poll.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Challenge would be stupid not to show Knightmare in full as ive heard its way in the lead on the cult Christmas poll.
Hey, that's great news. Still, I hope lots of people who haven't voted yet make their way over and record their choice. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

FTN and Challenge are run by the same company  - Flextech Television. FTN will show highlights from various Flextech channels. See http://www.telewest.co.uk/flextech/channels.htm. So yeah, I'd imagine the same rights enable them to show it on FTN.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Just a Reminder:

Methinks the Challenge Cult Vote ends on the 10th December. So anyone who wishes to vote should head on over there by Tuesday. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Anyone got the URL handy?  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Yep, that's the one. Vote Vote Vote if you haven't already. :)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

SORTED!!!!  ;D

Cheers GG  ;)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I voted several times - once for each personality.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

LOL. If multiple personalities are allowed a vote each, I'd better head back there a few more times. ;)