CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!

Post by Emii »

Ok. Go on the challenge? forum andlook under website feedback, then look atthe knightmare thread. That Keenplayers guy who reckons he is being hacked has done nothing but hurl abuse at me and other fans for the past couple of weeks. Continuously. I tell him to shut his ass and 'Rhubarb_tart' who is miss Bigshot-I'm-training-to-be-a-moderator-so-bow-down-to-me has threatened to delete my account!!!! Somebody come and back me up. Its just like being in school - I stand up for myself and others and I'm the one who gets rollocked by the teachers for being disruptive.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Re: CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!

Post by beveryafraid »

It might just be a good idea to cool things on the Challenge forum front for a bit.
Negotiations are now underway with Challenge which might well benefit your cause, but they're getting a bit sensitive at what they see as over-aggressive posting.
This is just advice. Heed it or ignore it as you will.

bva
play the endgame and play only to win
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Good advice indeed. If Challenge's forum starts to fill up with abuse they will simply stop listening. In any case, it's best to not rise to such abuse - just report the poster to the mods. Don't post any replies to it - that'd just double the poison.

So, they're trying to acquire another series? Excellent! Well, as you say, we should all take a step back while things are developing (or not as the case may be).
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

As I said elsewhere, I think we've said everything that needs to be said to Challenge? on their forum. We've made all our points: whether they choose ro read/ act on them is up to them, and repeating them when we've got a response from their team is pointless. And obviously, if they are seriously thinking of getting more episodes, we should respect them, and give them a chance. They seem to have listened and taken into account all the factors we mentioned.

I think we were right to give them feedback on various things, and that in part may have led to a possible change of heart. But now I think most of us are agreed we shouldn't press them further, and let them get on with whatever they're planning.
I tell him to shut his ass [etc.]
My personal choice in such a case would be to rise above and ignore it. You are better than such idiots, Emii. Keenplayers is indeed a complete fool, and his account and already been deleted at least once.  I don't think starting a war of words on their forum will help anything. Let him do it until he gets fed up or Challenge? ban him or something.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I'm terribly sorry - I do apologise. I tend to have zero tolerance with people, and I know it isn't a good thing :) Sometimes I say things that personally I think I should be shot for. I'm sure many agree.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Well, everyone's entitled to their little outbursts, especially when provoked, but not to excess...!  ;D
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I suppose...

I think I'm the excess, actually ;)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I'm terribly sorry - I do apologise. I tend to have zero tolerance with people, and I know it isn't a good thing :) Sometimes I say things that personally I think I should be shot for. I'm sure many agree.
It can be a good thing. Personally, I'd say such a trait is much better than putting up with people then bit-ching behind their backs. I like people who say what they think: I tend to trust them a lot more than the people who just say what you want to hear, then say something completely different when you're not there to hear. :)

I just didn't think it was appropriate in this instance, that's all.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

I tell him to shut his ass ...
I don't wish to comment on the context in which Emii said the above, but...well...I would just like to say that I really, really think I am getting old!  :-/
That phrase makes no sense to me at all...oh hang on...do you mean he's talking out of his...? Erm okay I think I may understand now, but still, is that not the most ridiculous thing you have heard in your life?! Insults just ain't what they used to be...for I remember when a good old "Bog off" sufficed, none of this ass business!  ;)
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Well I completely that agressive posting on the Challenge forum will not help things. To be fair they never promised to show another series, but it would seem they are listening to viewer's feedback.

As GG said, I think people have made their points now and it would be interesting to see what comes out of the negotiations.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Lol damn...I wish I hadn't complained now. It was still like being back in school though. They gave me and a couple of other people about 7 posts worth of grief and nothing gets sed to them, then I retaliate and I get the rollocking.

I. Is. Not. Impressed.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

[...] and I get the rollocking.
Who from?

If you mean by the Rhubarb Tart person, do you really care? She seems to have just about no power there, and her IQ would probably be comparable to that of the tin of vegetable soup I had for lunch. Really, I don't think you need to worry, dear. :)
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Yes. *consols self* She obviously has the wit, charm and grace of an albino cactus and she probably has big ears too.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Yes. *consols self* She obviously has the wit, charm and grace of an albino cactus and she probably has big ears too.
That's the spirit!
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

Hi Guys!

Are there really talks going on with
(Mentally)challenge(d)TV and The Knightmare people - cool!

Mind you that Knightmare thread in the programmes board has got over 150 posts - think thats more than any of the others.
Thanks to all those who posted their support!

Steve
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...