Hope for Knightmare on Challenge? TV?

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Hope for Knightmare on Challenge? TV?

Post by Steve »

Hi guys

I'm in two mids my self about which series to ask for.
I suppose series 1 would work the best in the long run allowing us to see KM from the start, but series 2 and 4 seem to be the most popular.

What about series 5, it had pickle, the eye shield and, as i recall, also included a winning team with a cool causeway finish and the frozen dungeon ending.

season 4 or 5 gets my backing.

Steve
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Why did Challenge show season 3 anyway?
Yep, they did ask us specifically which series we'd suggest, and Series 3 was pretty much the main choice. Yes, it would have been nice to see a winner, but I think everyone weighed that and everything else up before making suggestions. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

They're now asking us if they did buy another series which one would we liek them to get and most people are saying series 4. It may just be to try and shut us up for a bit but *uppercuts air enthusiastically* POSITIVITY, PEOPLE! POSITIVITY!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Well, from what Tim has said on the BBK section, it seems there may be cause for hope. Of course, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

True. However, bva said that negotiations were now in progress. This is a very significant development - Challenge? are actively trying to secure the rights to another series. Whether their endeavours will will be a success or not is anyone's guess at this stage, however the news is most promising.  :)
Subject to change.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

True. However, bva said that negotiations were now in progress. This is a very significant development - Challenge? are actively trying to secure the rights to another series. Whether their endeavours will will be a success or not is anyone's guess at this stage, however the news is most promising.
Well this is wonderful, but where did this news come come and how do we know its definatly true?? ?? ?? I sure hope that Challenge do get the rights to another series as it would be absolutly brilliant. I would be counting down the days if it did happen :)
Last edited by Porsmond on 28 Mar 2003, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

This comes from beveryafraid himself, so it's most definitely true.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

True. However, bva said that negotiations were now in progress. [... ]
What I meant about "not getting ahead of ourselves" was twofold:

1. Not getting out hopes up too much.

But especially:

2. Not going to Challenge?'s forum and saying something like "I hear you're in negotiations to get another series..." or worse "Thanks for getting the rights to another series...". Tim's been very kind in telling us that negotiations are going on. I'd guess, however, that Challenge? would rather do so without us breathing down their necks. Let's let Challenge? get on with it, and let them announce the results, rather than putting more pressure on them by doing their announcements for them, or pestering them about the state of the negotiations.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Absolutely. Beveryafraid has also suggested that we cool off on the Challenge front. It would be appropriate indeed to keep our distance whilst things are going on behind the scenes.
Subject to change.
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

Hi Guys

This is great news and it was good of tim to tell us.
But i agree we'd best keep our distance and not get our hopes up too much.
Im sure we will know of any developments in good time.

While we wait, has any1 been to gerz's Knightmare rpg forum? its really good - especially when he uses pics of life force and the rooms.
Steve

Jericho6
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Jericho6 »

Yeah, I think it's great :) Although he hasn't updated my quest in quite some time :(
If 'exclude' is the opposite of 'include', then what's the opposite of 'increment'?
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

yeah Gerz will be away for a bit - the details are in a post somewhere on his forum. Pity, specially since i was only just getting started but it will give us something to look foward too
Steve